Let's Save Our Planet: Forests

Discover the Facts. Be Inspired. Make A Difference.

Pub Date 6 Oct 2020 | Archive Date 3 Nov 2020

Talking about this book? Use #LetsSaveOurPlanetForests #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

This book is printed on responsibly sourced, 100% recycled FSC paper and using soy inks.

Do you want to make a difference and help change the world? If the answer's yes then this book is for you!

Turn the pages and discover everything you need to know about deforestation and the ways we can tackle it. From scientists and conservationists helping to protect forest creatures to tech inventions like robot tree-planters, this book helps children aged 8 and up to discover the incredible solutions to deforestation that are being worked on around the world right now.

Readers can begin by exploring different forest types around the world, discovering what makes each of them precious and unique, before taking a look at the causes, effects, and solutions to deforestation. The final section explores what readers can do to help. Filled with guides, tips, and lessons in how to use your voice and change your habits, these pages help readers learn how they can make a difference.

Engaging text by Dr. Jess French, presenter of Minibeast Adventure with Jess on CBeebies, with stunning artwork by Alexander Mostov, illustrator of D-Day: Untold Stories of the Normandy Landings Inspired by 20 Real-Life People.

...

EDITION Hardcover

This is a really fantastic educational book for children and adults. It is all about forests, animals who live in forests, deforestation and different ways in which we can tackle deforestation, to save the trees and the planet from destruction. At the beginning of the book we learn about different types of forests around the world and how they affect people, animals and places; this is very interesting. We then learn about the causes, effects and solutions to deforestation and how we, the readers around the world, can help and make a difference in order to help our planet and all who live on it. I really loved this book and learned a lot from it. It is a book that every person in the world should read! It is amazing and it has really beautiful graphics in it too. It is a book that has a lot of knowledge and information in it, but it is easy to read. I highly recommend this book. Many thanks to the author, publisher and netgalley for granting me a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

A beautiful book - but I was sent a version for my phone which was essentially a PDF, which meant it was incredibly hard to read without zooming in for every paragraph and moving back and forth. Happy to properly review with a print copy, but it wasn't really possible on my phone.