Murder at the Castle

Pub Date 10 Dec 2020 | Archive Date Not set

Talking about this book? Use #MurderattheCastle #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Iris Grey arrives at Pitfeldy Castle in the Highlands, at the request of the Baron, Jock MacKinnon. Jock has commissioned Iris to paint a portrait of his fiancé, an American socialite Kathy Miller, ahead of their New Year wedding.
Kathy invites Iris into her confidence, she's received a series of threatening notes asking her to call off the wedding. Iris begins to investigate, and when remains are discovered in the grounds of the Castle, she fears for Kathy's safety.
With the wedding fast approaching, Iris once again enters a world of family feuds, romantic intrigue, buried secrets and murder.

In Which Iris Takes To The Highlands..... Iris Grey, whose acquaintance we first made in ‘Murder At The Mill’, takes to the Highlands in this second cosy mystery of the series. An art commission from a Baron finds her at Pitfeldy Castle. Not is all as it seems, however, and Iris soon becomes embroiled in family feuds, threats, secrets and ultimately...murder. Enjoyable and entertaining with a likeable protagonist and a colourful cast of supporting characters. Relaxing, escapist reading.

The story is set in Scotland. Iris Grey has been invited to the castle to paint a portrait. But things are what they appear to be. The castle hides secrets and lies and a murder takes place. It's down to Iris to solve the mystery. I enjoyed this fast paced murder mystery. I couldn't put it down because I just had to know 'whodunnit'. Loved the characters and the charm of the castle. This is the second book in the series but to be honest I never noticed until I had read the book. I now need to read the first!