Available

‘Gripping’ Vogue
‘Empowering’ Cosmopolitan
‘Joyful’ Financial Times
‘Eye-popping’ Daily Mail

Perfect for fans of Sex and the Cityand hit Netflix show Sex/Life.

If you’d told 46-year old Laura Friedman Williams that in a few years she’d be having some of the best sex of her life with men who were not her husband, she’d have laughed in your face.

Then came the shocking, utterly clichéd discovery of his affair.

Five months of emotional turmoil later, Laura found herself single for the first time in 27 years and with two choices: to eke out her existence, or reinvent herself. A little encouragement from her friends and one astonishing one-night stand later, she realised that she had a sexual appetite she’d never explored, and that being a mother didn’t mean she had to ignore it. She could be independent, a good mother, and have a great sex life all at the same time… couldn’t she?

From G-spots to bald spots, dirty talk to dating fiascos, Available is the unflinchingly honest, empowering, and humorous true story of a life turned downside up.

‘A real page-turner […] Unexpected, original, funny and sometimes deeply infuriating, Laura Friedman Williams has so much to say about what we expect of women’s sexuality. I loved it’ Viv Groskop author of How to Own the Room

‘Gripping’ Vogue
‘Empowering’ Cosmopolitan
‘Joyful’ Financial Times
‘Eye-popping’ Daily Mail

Perfect for fans of Sex and the Cityand hit Netflix show Sex/Life.

If you’d told...

EDITION Ebook

Send To Kindle (MOBI)

Date reviewed/posted: April 7, 2021 Publication date: June 10, 2021 When life for the entire galaxy and planet has turned on its end, you are continuing to #maskup and #lockdown to be in #COVID19 #socialisolation as the #thirdwave ( #fourthwave #fifthwave?) is upon us, superspeed readers like me can read 300+ pages/hour, so yes, I have read the book … and many more today. I requested and received a temporary digital Advance Reader Copy of this book from #NetGalley, the publisher and the author in exchange for an honest review. From the publisher, as I do not repeat the contents or story of books in reviews, I let them do it as they do it better than I do 😸. If you’d told 46-year old Laura Friedman Williams that in a few years she’d be having some of the best sex of her life with men who were not her husband, she’d have laughed in your face. She was a happily married stay-at-home mother with three children and plans to grow old with her husband. Sure, their sex had become a little formulaic, and yes, their life together mostly revolved around their kids, but whose doesn’t? Then came the shocking, utterly clichéd discovery of his affair. Five months of emotional turmoil later, Laura found herself single for the first time in 27 years and with two choices: to eke out her existence or reinvent herself. A little encouragement from her friends and one astonishing one-night stand later, she realized that she had a sexual appetite she’d never explored and that being a mother didn’t mean she had to ignore it. She could be independent, a good mother, and have a great sex life all at the same time… couldn’t she? From G-spots to bald spots, dirty talk to dating fiascos, Available is the unflinchingly honest, empowering, and humorous true story of a life turned downside up. I have to admit --- it was the overtly sexual photo on the cover that enticed me to read this book --- look at my WIX and FB reviews for the male version of this cover in another book written a few years back. (it is lol-worthy as well!) The memoir is so enjoyable to read - it was brutally honest and to the point and everyone will look at the cover and think WOW ... and when they read the description, they will want to pick it up and read it RIGHT THEN AND THERE. I freaking loved this book, but I am the right age to read it - it was well written and utterly juicy as said peach.  I will recommend this book to friends, family, patrons, bookclubs and strangers on the tube who are reading: I find that once they figure out that I am a Canadian and not a Trump-loving MAGA-idiot they like to discuss books. (lol!) The cover alone will entice readers to pick it up, especially is you are seen reading it and shocking the LOL (little old ladies) who may be sitting beside you. Take this book to the beach (or your back yard, porch or balcony) and enjoy it - just wear a tonne of SPF110 as you will lose track of time as you read this. - If we are in the 5th or 6th wave/mutation of COVID19 by then, stay inside: no tan is worth dying for. As always, I try to find a reason to not rate with stars as I simply adore emojis (outside of their incessant use by "🙏-ed Social Influencer Millennials/#BachelorNation survivors/Tik-Tok and YouTube Millionaires/snowflakes / literally-like-overusers etc. " on Instagram and Twitter... Get a real job, people!) so let's give it 🍑🍑🍑🍑🍑

Available by Laura Friedman Williams is a very honest and open memoir that is mostly about her sexual awakening when she finds her seemingly rock-solid marriage in tatters after discovering that her husband ,who she's been with for 27 years, is having an affair. Left,at 46 years-old, with their 3 children and pondering where her life has gone and where it might be going......and with a lot encouragement from her friends,she decides to start dating again after a few months. When she surprises herself by throwing off her inhibitions ,and all of her clothing, within hours of meeting her first date she realises what she's been missing in the bedroom and decides to sleep with as many men as possible. That could set the scene for something a bit smutty or the tale of a woman behaving in a way that will leave her full of remorse as a slow motion car crash pans out. Thankfully it's neither and Laura has a ball,in fact she has ........a very good time. Juggling family responsibilities with her new found social life Laura grabs every opportunity for new experiences, meeting the weird the wonderful and comparatively normal with plenty of laughs along the way, not least one of her conquest's German Shepherd showing his displeasure in his owner's affections being shared in quite a demonstrative manner. This book is not just about Laura's sex life ,it's also about how and why she started on her journey from discovering Hubby's affair to the effect it had on the family as a whole. This is a great read, in the Acknowledgements at the end Laura reveals that her editor made her re-write the whole thing twice,well that was sound advice as the end result is well-written,deep,funny in places,moving in others when given the subject matter it could easily have been a tawdry tome that read like a confession. It isn't a confession ,it's the story of Laura finding herself and discovering a lifestyle that works very well for her and the other people in her life.