The Country Village Summer Fete

A perfect, heartwarming holiday read

Pub Date 10 Jun 2021 | Archive Date 10 Jun 2021

Talking about this book? Use #TheCountryVillageSummerFete #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

A feel-good, uplifting summer read for fans of Heidi Swain and Cathy Bramley.

Emma Patrick's life is spiralling out of control. On the cusp of her 50th birthday, she suddenly realises that she doesn't have many meaningful relationships in her life. She's single, successful, living alone and thinks she's loving it, but being so focussed on work and always online means she's lost any real connection to people.

When Emma gets a call to say her ageing father is becoming increasingly confused, she decides that she should go back home to the countryside to spend some time with him. But returning to Little Bramble, the village she grew up in, after all these years is filled with complications of its own and people she'd rather avoid.

As Emma starts to settle in to her childhood home, she finds herself loving village life - much to her surprise. When the opportunity to get involved in the running of the summer fete comes her way, before she knows it she's embracing jam making, cake baking and bunting. And with romance brewing, Emma begins to doubt the glamorous life in London that she worked so hard to build . . .
A feel-good, uplifting summer read for fans of Heidi Swain and Cathy Bramley.

A Note From the Publisher

This book is set in the country village of Little Bramble, where The Country Village Christmas Show was set, but with a new protagonist.

'A fabulous slice of village life!' - Heidi Swain on The Country Village Christmas Show

'A great read full of festive magic. One to enjoy this Christmas.' - Bella Osborne on The Country Village Christmas Show

'A gorgeous, uplifting festive read. I loved it.' - Holly Martin, on The Country Village Christmas Show

Thanks Netgalley and the Publisher. This was just what the doctor ordered whilst I was off work feeling a bit under the weather. Great storyline, great characters. Loved it.

This book made me dream of the warmer weather and being outside more with the sun on your face. Emma's story is a relatable one whatever age you are. She thinks she is happy, she isn't tied down to any one, she has a good job, but she is missing something. When her dad becomes unwell, she decides to go and spend time with him in the Village she grew up in. Can she find the missing part she desperately needs? there is a whole load of romance, cakes and a Village community coming together. Will Emma get her happy ever after? I really enjoyed reading Emma's story, it is heartfelt and uplifting when we all need a bit of escapism.

I loved this fun, uplifting feel good book. It really made me smile and at the moment is something that we all desperately need. Taking me away from the world we are living in to a place where everything was ok again. Thank you.

A lovely heart warming easy read. It has moments of self reflection and poignancy, but on the whole is a story of love, family and friendship. It was lovely to have a cast of older characters and to see life though the eyes of a different generation. Normally it is the late 20/early 30 characters who are falling in love and so to have the late 40s/early 50s made a pleasant change. If you like village life, family, friends, re-kindled love and dogs ten this is the book for you. Settle in a cosy chair open the book and the hours will whizz by in a friendly and worthwhile way. I will now look up the next book in the series, if there is one.

A wonderful feel good book, a story of Emma who returns to her old village to look after her elderly father and the ghosts of the past catch up with her Returning not only helps her dad it also helps put her life in perspective and she finally decides she wants to stay permanently,can all that has happened with an old love Connor be put to rights? A light and easy book to read with some giggles included