The Amazing Edie Eckhart

Book 1

Pub Date 5 Aug 2021 | Archive Date Not set
Hachette Children's Group, Hodder Children's Books

Talking about this book? Use #TheAmazingEdieEckhart #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Hello! My name is Edie Eckhart and I’m eleven years old. I’m a little bit different. I have a disability called cerebral palsy, so I talk slowly and fall over a lot. It’s never really bothered me because I’ve never known anything else.

Edie Eckhart is Excited with a capital E to start secondary school with her best friend Oscar – the fish to her chips, the bananas to her custard. But when she and Oscar are put into different tutor groups on their first day, Edie is devastated. Who will play secret hangman with her in class? Who will she eat sausage rolls with?

But while she’s plotting her reunion with Oscar, she accidentally gets cast as the lead in the school play. As Edie discovers a passion for performance, she also finds new friendships, talents, and dreams. After all, it’s easy to shine on and off the stage when you’re Amazing with a capital A.

A sparky middle grade series from TV comedian Rosie Jones. Perfect for fans of Jacqueline Wilson and Dork Diaries.