The Disassembly of Doreen Durand (SAMPLER)

Pub Date 13 May 2021 | Archive Date 23 May 2021

Talking about this book? Use #TheDisassemblyofDoreenDurandSAMPLER #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

This is an extract from The Disassembly of Doreen Durand and not the full text

An extraordinary, unpredictable debut novel exploring obsession and surviving trauma.

From her apartment window, Doreen Durand witnesses a horrific accident.

The police want to know what she saw. Doreen doesn't want to tell them - or anyone. But when she runs away it's straight into the fantastic world of the wealthy and mysterious Violet Cascade. With a rogue police officer in pursuit, and life becoming more bizarre by the day, Doreen is caught up in a surreal game of cat and mouse.

This is an extract from The Disassembly of Doreen Durand and not the full text

From her apartment window, Doreen...

‘I read this genre-exploding, original debut in a single day, and was hooked by its vivid images, its spiky strangeness, and its profound understanding of the disembodying effects of surviving trauma and living under capitalism.’ -Christina Neuwirth, author of Amphibian

'A beautiful story and one which I will treasure forever.' Nicola H.

'The prose was observant and compelling, and the plot was strange and millennial.' Julie R.

EDITION Hardcover
ISBN 9781913207403

Send To Kindle (MOBI)

This is a good introduction to a forthcoming book. I for one, now want to read the rest of the story to establish exactly what Doreen has been doing, and is there really a Whitney that is the catalyst for where Doreen finds herself now.

A beautifully written and compelling book! I I would definitely purchase this book - this sampler left me wanting more.