Dream of Dragons

Book 1 of Dragon Tails

Pub Date 3 Sep 2021 | Archive Date 24 Aug 2021
Aja James, Independent Book Publishers Association (IBPA), Members' Titles

Talking about this book? Use #DreamofDragons #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Every lore of every clan, across time and space, dreamed of dragons. Did you ever wonder why?

Erebu and Sorin fought through countless lifetimes of trials and tribulations to find one another again. They even conquered death.

But Ere’s rebirth requires a price: he must answer the Celestial Summons when it comes and faithfully complete each task the Jade Emperor sets before him.

On the bright side, he doesn’t have to perform miracles alone. Sorin will be right there with him. One the not so bright side, his Fate, the Fate of all dragon Kind, and by extension, the Universal Balance, depend on the successful execution of each quest.

No pressure.

His first task is find and retrieve the Jewel of Dreams.

Location: Unknown. Time travel will be required.
Clues: Too few. But there may be a dragon-slayer, a king, a wizard, and a few mythical monsters along the way.
Accompaniments: His beloved Sorin (who is all he needs!) A humorless, anti-social female dragon (who he doesn’t need). Though her kickass fighting skills do come in handy in a pinch.
Timing: ASAP. Determined by an arbitrary Sandglass in the Jade Emperor’s possession.

The end of the world may be just around the corner. Along the way, enemies may become lovers, reluctant friendships may form, and lots of hot, desperate, this-may-be-the-last-time-we-have-sex sex will definitely be had.

And who knows, you may never want to wake up from this…

DREAM OF DRAGONS.

See Goodreads reviews

See Goodreads reviews

EDITION Ebook

Send To Kindle (MOBI)

After the wonderful,fabulous,magical series,The Pure/Dark Ones was finished,i was worried i’d fall into a gap. Because i love that series. And it was done. Over. But Aja saved me. She couldn’t say goodbye,either.... (Ok,so maybe a couple of Muses kept asking for more,but we were polite....weren’t we? It’s not like we harassed her,or anything....) What she’s giving us,is that Ere is going to have to answer the Celestial Summons when it comes and complete each task the Jade Emperor sets before him. Within a timeframe. But it’s a small prize for Ere to pay in return for a life with Sorin,right? And Sorin ís coming along on each task. In the first,they are going to have to find and bring back the Jewel of Dreams. They are joined by a treasure dragon,and not just any treasure dragon,no this one is the best! A little naive and innocent maybe,in spite of her age,but very good at sniffing treasure. Rui doesn’t like Ere. The things he says,the way he acts....does he take ánything seriously? Sorin,on the other hand,now thát is a male she could see as a friend,if she needed any. Quiet and patient....but then again he would have to be with a mate like Ere.... Going treasure hunting with these two turns out to be not quite what she expected,though. First of all,they end up in Britain. And not only that,but they end up in my favorite time,the time of legends,King Arthur’s time. Added to that,they have left their “powers” behind,and will have to complete their task with only their wit and strenght. Needing cash and a place to sleep,they stop at a tavern. And that is where Rui’s life is about to change.... Because there is a man in that tavern,sitting with a friend,that she can’t stop looking at. A man that,at first glance,has something she likes. And at second glance,has something she suddenly wants. And one that seems to be going in the same direction as they apparently are. Wolfe brings something out in her she never ever thought would happen,her female side. And as they travel towards their destiny,she wants to explore that side with him. But they are all after the same thing,so technically they are advesaries. And Rui starts to worry when she’s going to have to fight her Wolfe.....because she’d hate to hurt him. Wolfe is a dragon hunter,and he is looking for the one he hates the most. The tournament at King Arthur’s court promisses the winner a prize he needs in that search,and he’s determined to win. But his new travel companions make it hard to focus on that prize. Because one of them stirrs feelings in him he never ever thought he’d have. And he starts to worry what he’s going to have to do if Rui makes it to the final round.... Things at Arthur’s court are not what they appear to be,and the power lies with someone evil. Someone who wants the prize,too. Will our heroes come out alive? And will Rui and her Wolfe be allowed to stay together? Because she can’t stay in his time....can she? And he can’t leave it without consequences.....right? Dream of Dragons has me excited for this new series. A series that has old friends,and new. That’s still based in the world i love so much,and travels to different times,with different people. I adored Rui and Wolfe,they complemented eachother só perfectly. And even though Wolfe hated dragons,he loved his Rui. And Rui found the greatest treasure of all.....her Wolfie. I loved how Aja took the ingredients of Arthur’s legend,and gave it a twist that made everything even more magical. And i can’t wait to find out what she’s going to bring in the next story,Song of Dragons! P.S. If you want to know more about Ere and his world,i suggest you read the Pure/Dark Ones. It’ll make you understand who he is,and where he’s come from. Why Sorin loves him so much. And it’ll show you the magic of his world....that alone is worth reading the series! https://www.goodreads.com/series/8550...

Wow wow wow!! Firstly thank you Netgalley and Aja James for a chance to read this. It is my first by the author and I went in blind. I am happy to say this that it did not disappoint. Aja James has created a world that absolutely rocks. I don't know where to start and what to say. This is a page turner and has fabulous characters that will make you love, laugh, know what passion and friendship is. Now that we are talking about characters, Wolfe the hero has had a tough childhood. This has made him strong, smart, caring, loving, scarred and a monster slayer. Rui, the heroine is badass. She is naive, thinks she has no sense of humor but is fearless and can kick anyone's butt. Rui is everything in a female character that you would want. I loved her. Ere and Sorin are people who balance each other with Ere's quirkiness and Sorin's calm nature. Going through author's profile I got to know that Ere and Sorin have their own story and I can't wait to read it. The plot revolves around a quest which makes it intriguing. Aja James has given vivid descriptions that you will enjoy each phase. This book is filled with intense emotions, everything ranging from fight scenes to banter to character development, the author has written it magically in a different world and time. I love dragons and know many of you do too. So this combination of dragons, magic, smut (lot of it) is waiting for you to be picked up. Having the ARC of second book Song of Dragons with me, I can't wait to start it. Go ahead, check this out and add it to your list.