A Special Cornish Christmas

Pub Date 11 Nov 2021 | Archive Date 13 Nov 2021

** Pre-order the unmissable new novel from the Top 10 Sunday Times bestselling author now **

‘Fabulously festive and sparkly as tinsel – an absolute treat of a book’ Milly Johnson...

EDITION Ebook
PRICE A$10.99 (AUD)

Send To Kindle (MOBI)

Date reviewed/posted: August 5, 2021 Publication date: November 11, 2021 When life for the entire galaxy and planet has turned on its end, you have personally decided to basically continue on #maskingup and #lockingdown to be in #COVID19 #socialisolation as the #thirdwave ( #fourthwave #fifthwave?) is upon us, superspeed readers like me can read 300+ pages/hour, so yes, I have read the book … and many more today. Plus it is hot as all heck and nothing is more appealing than sitting in front of a fan with a kindle! I requested and received a temporary digital Advance Reader Copy of this book from #NetGalley, the publisher and the author in exchange for an honest review. From the publisher, as I do not repeat the contents or story of books in reviews, I let them do it as they do it better than I do 😸. For Bo Grayson, Christmas has always been the most wonderful time of the year. Well, until she had her heart broken last December… At a local summer fete, Bo and her friends meet the mysterious fortune teller Madame Odette, and they are each given the same prediction: You will meet the love of your life by Christmas Day. With just a few months until the festive season, they dismiss the predictions out of hand. Bo’s attentions are focused on creating the best seasonal menu for her Boatyard Café, and her rock and roll dance group – the Falford Flingers – who are hard at work getting ready for their Christmas Spectacular show. The last thing she imagines is that she’ll be ready to open her heart again. But will fate – and perhaps a sprinkle of Christmas magic – change her mind? There is nothing like a Christmas treat on a really hot and humid day! It is a cute romance story that is not too treacly and it was a delight to read. Wrap this up in a holiday-themed tea towel - one can never have too many tea towels - and surprise and friend with a calorie-free holiday treat! I will recommend this book to friends, family, patrons, book clubs, and people reading books in the park as we do … I have had some of my best conversations about books down by the Thames! As always, I try to find a reason to not rate with stars as I simply adore emojis (outside of their incessant use by "🙏-ed Social Influencer Millennials/#BachelorNation survivors/Tik-Tok and YouTube Millionaires/snowflakes / literally-like-overusers etc. ") on Instagram and Twitter) so let's give it 🎅 🎅 🎅 🎅

Another brilliant book from Philipa Ashley, Bo cafe owner has a heartbreaking Christmas and vows she isn't going to fall in love again, Angel put upon wife of Tommy looking forward to her anniversary and quiet Ran who moved to Cornwall to get away from something. Three lives that seem to change after a visit to a fairground fortune-teller. I love the dancing vibe throughout this book, I love the descriptive way all the costumes and dresses are brought to life and I love the vintage music name dropping. Really, really enjoyable. Definitely one to put on your tbr list.

A Special Cornish Christmas by Phillipa Ashley is an excellent festive contemporary romance that really makes me excited for the Holidays! I have read several books from Ms. Ashley and I have loved every one of them. This novel has a great mix of excellent characters, Holiday magic, romance, serious and lighter moments, character development, and warm winter foods that made my belly grumble more than once. I loved the premise of the “fortune teller”. It was so cute and really added a magical and unique aspect to the story. I also really liked Bo and her character in general. Smart, strong, and has a fiery element to her deep down. I am glad that despite some of the initial happenings, things ended up just perfectly for her. Another great addition to this wonderful series. I am looking forward to what Ms. Ashley cooks up next. (Another festive or holiday (any holiday)- themed book would be awesome. 5/5 stars Thank you NG and Avon Books UK for this wonderful arc and in return I am submitting my unbiased and voluntary review and opinion. I am posting this review to my GR and Bookbub accounts immediately and will post it to my Amazon, Instagram, and B&N accounts upon publication.

A most enjoyable book. Love in Cornwall with the story set in a cafe and lots of dancing going on. Some characters from previous books feature and although you don’t need to have read any of tho so to enjoy this story, it’s always good to hear about ‘old friends’. Reading this was the perfect way to pass a rainy day.

Another wonderful book by Phillippa Ashley. I love a festive book because I love Christmas so much and this one does not disappoint. Its heartwarming and enticing and I love the characters. Especially Bo and Angel. They're such good friends and I can relate to them as a friendship (like I have with my bestie) but also as independent businesses, I try and support as many independent business throughout the year as I can bit especially at Christmas. I also make things too so I can relate to Angel wanting to do her own crafty business. I love the crafts and romance aspects of this book and it has Christmas and food as themes throughout, what more could a, romantic foodie who loves crafts, want. My favourite moment was the situation between Angel and Kelvin, that made me want to shout for joy and punch the air.

Thanks Netgalley for a arc copy of this book for a honest review.. A Special Cornish Christmas whata delightful read the story had me hooked right from the start. I enjoyed this Christmas book 4 star 🌟 🌟🌟🌟 Happy Reading Lisa 📚

Once again, Phillipa Ashley provides a perfect heartwarming tale. She is the queen of uplifting women’s fiction.

A really lovely, heartwarming book. Fantastic to curl up in your chair with a cup of coffee in front of the fire with and smile, laugh and cry your way through. it will really bring out your Christmas Spirit!

A Special Cornish Christmas Phillipa Ashley is a wonderful story teller, her books will draw you right in and make you feel as if you are there with the characters she brings to life. Her love of Cornwall is always evident in her stories if you know Cornwall you will visualise the scene if you don’t know Cornwall you will certainly want to visit. A Special Cornish Christmas is a wonderful book full of joy; it is just what is needed after this pandemic. It is truly inspiring in so many ways. The story is about Bo who owns the boatyard cafe in Falford Cornwall. It is Christmas Eve and Bo and her boy friend Hamish and they had gone to the local bar The Ferryman Inn. Things did not go as she would have hoped spending Christmas with the man she had fallen for, that night he left her and went back to his old life and wife. So the story begins Bo owns a beachside cafe and has one staff Cade, she also has a friend Angel who works in a country store, is married to a fisherman and love sewing. All 3 belong to a rock and roll dance group called the Flingers there is also Ran who is relatively new to Falford he has taken up the roll of the dj for them he has only just joined the group. Bo loves everything retro. The main story is based around Bo Angel and ran, but other characters from her previous book from Falford (An Endless Cornish summer) are also in the book even if just fleeting by. There are also new characters that play a part in this story. The story then jumps eight months on. The 3 main characters go to a summer fete and decide to go to see a fortune teller. She tells them all their fortune none of them go in believing in it but each came out a little bit shaken. This is when things start to happen and each time something happens they go back over what was said that day in the tent of the teller. This is where I say no more about the story. This book is well worth the read and I will encourage you to get it you will not be let down. I enjoyed this book so much I did not want it to end but I wanted to finish it so I knew how it all ended. Phillipa does this in every book I have read of hers. Phillipa is a very talented writer and I always know I am in for a great time away from reality in a wonderful story with great characters that come alive in my mind. Congratulations Phillipa you have done it again. Thank you.

Wow what can I say another brilliant book from this author. This was so much more than a Christmas story and was great to be back in falford again and to find out more about the other characters who live there. This time it was the turn of Bo and Angel to take centre stage along with a few others which I won’t go into for fear of spoilers. This book could also be read as a stand-alone as well. This story was a perfect escapism read and focused on the importance of having friends especially in times of need and how love can be found when you least expect it or when you have given up hope of finding it and also contained a sprinkle of Christmas magic too. Can’t wait for another story detailing another chapter in the lives of the falford residents.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It was a real page turner as the story unfolded of Bo and her topsy turvy love life together with her friend Angela whose business start up was a joy to follow. I loved the way their stories unfolded keeping me guessing until the end. I did however guess the identity of Madame Odette but was fascinated to find out if I was correct. The Boatyard cafe sounded like somewhere to sit and have a coffee while watching the world go by. Excellent read.

A book full of friendship, dancing, food and craft. I loved every page and character. Bo has her heart broken at Christmas but is still a good friend to Angel and Ran as well as a team member of the Falford Flingers. A book I enjoyed from the first to the last page and one I highly recommend

A Cornish Christmas Delight! I adore Phillipas books and I have to say, catching up with the Morovah brothers was a wonderful treat. This book will have your feet tapping and your heart thumping, Phillipa certainly put some of her characters through the mill. It's full of friendship, turmoil, Christmas shenanigans and a community that comes together in the form of the Falford Flingers. Delightful read, im glad a few characters got what they deserved, definitely get this on your Christmas list, you won't be disappointed!

Once again I got to visit Cornwall and enjoy a lovely Christmas story from Phillipa Ashley about one of the characters, Bo, from an earlier book An Endless Cornish Summer. As always, well written, great characters, wonderful descriptions of Cornwall and Falmouth that just make you want to visit. I loved that some characters from the other book were included too. It’s a fun story centered on romance at Christmas. I highly recommend it. Thank you to netgalley and the publisher for an early copy in exchange for honest review.

I did enjoy reading this book - set in the same place and with many of the same characters as the previous novel by this author, but with a few new characters and the book focused on a different person. This was a light and fun read, set over quite a long time but with leaps, from Christmas to summer to the lead up to Christmas again. If you have any interest in music, clothes, or dancing, you will love this one! This book could easily be read by someone who hasn't read the previous one, but those of us who have read that will really enjoy this one!

Penny is having to rethink her plans for Christmas after a rather nasty break from her boyfriend. She and her friends Angel and Ran visit a strange fortune teller who seems to know rather too much about them. Her remarks ipinge on so many parts of their lives. Living in Cornwall I found it irritating that the author couldnt just name Helford (Falford) and the lovely Ferryboat inn (Ferryman). Why change their names? I normally love Philippa Ashley's boks but didnt find that I was deeply involved in this one. However, my thanks to NetGalley for a review copy.

Loved returning to Cornwall and reading it from the view of a different character from the previous book, this time we follow Bo and her life at the boatyard cafe, brilliant characters as usual and loved returning to the village once again where previous characters pop up throughout the story. Was well written and loved the description on the village once again, can't wait for the next instalment Would highly recommend

I read a previous book set in the same village and really enjoyed reading about the characters who almost cameos in the last book and find out more about them and their lives. It was a gentle read, one to curl up with and willed them all to find their happy!

I am a huge fan of Philippa Ashley‘s books, particularly the ones set in Cornwall as I thoroughly enjoy reading about the places I have visited, as well as getting to know the wonderful characters she describes in her books. In some ways this book is a sequel to a previous book-An endless Cornish summer, although you don’t need to have read them in order to enjoy this book. The story starts with the main character Bo, being let down quite substantially, however like me you may not be too disappointed by that, as it quickly becomes clear that there is a much better candidate waiting in the wings, if both of them could take one more chance. It seems that fate will give them a push in the guise of a mysterious fortune teller who seems to pop up all over the place… As usual the delicious descriptions of places and people which are a hallmark of Philippa Ashley‘s books are there and I was particularly delighted to read the description of Trewellyn house (which I did recognise as Trelissick).I thoroughly recommend this book to anybody Who needs a slice of Cornish life, as well as a push to try again when they have been let down.

A gorgeous and heartwarming ode to the Christmas holidays and finding love. I loved the descriptive settings and the qonser of the Christmas spirit interlaced throughout. A fun and festive read!

Thanks Netgalley for allowing me to read this book. Bo used to love Christmas. Last year was painful when she and her boyfriend broke up in their small town. Bo wants nothing to due with Christmas. I enjoyed the different characters.

This was a lovely book with a good storyline. The setting was great and the characters were brilliant.

A beautiful story that captures you right in. Having read previous ones in the series, I was a little disappointed not to see more of the known characters however soon realised they weren't needed!!

Lovely to be back in Cornwall. Gosh Bo had it tough in her personal life. Her cafe was amazing and her friendship with Angle was supportive for them both. The Falcons Flingers sounded ace. Lots of brilliant dancing. Ran was a fascinating character . His love of old records. A great ending .. A real feel good book. A perfect Christmas or any time read. Loved it.

A special Cornish Christmas has it all! Delightful characters new and old, the most perfect idyllic coastal location, plenty of tantalising Christmas fare both edible and non edible! Friendship, romance, dancing and a fortune teller! What more could you wish for in the run up to Christmas?Sat by the fire, festive tunes playing, mulled wine and a mince pie to hand as you devour this delectable read! Bo and Ran run a gauntlet of emotions as they cast off old baggage, embroil themselves in community life particularly dancing,and ultimately learn to love and trust again surrounded by their eclectic circle of friends and family all aided and abetted by a mystery fortune teller! A lovely heartwarming festive read. Thank you netgalley for this early read.

A gorgeous and warm festive book, perfect for Christmas. I loved Bo and Ryan’s story and the supporting cast including Angel, Sally and Cade. Plenty of intrigue and mystery along the way including the mysterious Madame Odette’s real identity and the reason that Ran has moved to Cornwall and kept himself to himself for months. This book will definitely get your foot tapping to all the wonderful tunes mentioned within the pages - ideal reading in the run up to the new series of Strictly! Fabulous.

A worthy sequel - I enjoyed this one as much as the first set in a Cornish harbour. Anything Christmassy with romance is a winner in my eyes

Phillipa Ashley has such a skill, she writes such believable, relatable characters that I feel I’ve known them years. I love how people from previous books are part of the story but each book is truly a standalone book. A special Cornish Christmas made me feel very festive, even though I was reading it in August! Another bestseller in the making, I’d recommend this book to all my friends

I do love a Phillipa Ashley Christmas book. This will not disappoint! Set in Falford Cornwall, Bo Grayson runs & owns the Boatyard Cafe. The book begins at Christmas where everything changes & at the time not for the better. Follow Bo, her friend Angel & their rock & roll dancing through the year of many changes. Loved the descriptions of Falford & surrounding areas making me want to sit at the Boatyard Cafe & watch the world go by. Of course love is in the air but will the predictions made by Madamne Odette at the Falford Show ground come true?

This book is like a mulled wine in the festive season, leaves you feeling all warm and content The story follows Bo who runs the Boatyard Cafe, and her ups and downs from one Christmas to the next. It includes her friends Angel and Ran, and can the latter be more than just a friend? I was drawn in from the first page, and wanted to get back to the book asap each time I had to put it down. There were some characters you may recognise if you have also read An Endless Cornish Summer, but it doesn’t matter if you haven’t as this can easily be enjoyed as a standalone book. This is the second book I’ve read by Phillipa Ashley, and I’m certainly happy to read more. 5 stars Copy provided by Avon via Netgalley

I though this was a fab festive read. Really enjoyed it & I highly recommend it. Thanks for the opportunity to read and review this book.

With grateful thanks to netgalley and Phillipa Ashley for an early copy in return for an honest opinion. Having read all this ladys books I was delighted with a copy and it certainly did not disapoint Cornwall Christmas and holiday mix together a shake of love and your done. Can highly recommend this fabulous book.

Bo was left heartbroken just before Christmas, so when a fortune teller predicts that she will be with the one she loves by Christmas the next year she is a bit skeptical. Ran also gets the same fortune, but will it lead to a new love for him, or back to his old one? Great read, looking forward to the next book in Falford.

I love Phillipa Ashley's books and am very grateful to have been allowed to read an early copy of this. Every story is very warm and inviting, and need a good dose of hot chocolate and brownie to read with. I loved how we found out about record collecting through Ran's character; and the passion for rock and roll and dancing through Bo and Angel, This book shows it's never too late to start something new through Angel's character and what happened to her. Falford feels like a real place and each book feels like returning to family. I would highly recommend picking this up and cuddling up by a fire (or listening to some rock n roll).

Another Ashley gem. It was great to get back to Falford and learn more about Bo. I hope Ashley will go back again, but next time a little more interaction with the characters we have grown to love from previous instalments please.

Another wonderful book by Phillipa Ashley, I loved it. Bo has a heart of gold and would do anything for anyone, but when she thinks she has met the man of her dreams and is looking forward to a loved up Christmas, he goes and spoils it by realising he’s not in love with her at all but his ex, but great sex anyway. So she decides then and there she is off men for good. Luckily she has amazing friends, one of which is Angel who they share a love of music and dancing. Angel has been married for a long time, loves her hubby and has raised two beautiful children. However one night she finds out that her hubby a fisherman is out at sea on a boat, which is in trouble. But this night opens more than one nightmare.

Welcome back to the Village of Falford! Phillipa Ashley's latest edition in the Cornish village series introduces us to Bo, who runs a cafe and who has just been disappointed by her latest romance. Introduce in Angel and Ran, who are also having their share of romantic disappointments, and the mysterious Madame Odette, who makes a prediction that all three will meet the love of their lives by Christmas...A light-hearted easy read full of Christmas charm, and a little bit of mystery - who exactly is Madame Odette? - makes this one you will breeze right through! Thanks to NetGalley and Avon Books UK for an advanced copy.

I couldn’t put this down and finished it in an evening, which I was happy about as it proved how good it was, but sad as it was over and I wanted more. It pulled me in right away. I adored Bo and Ran and the will they/won’t they if their relationship, (which in some books can be tiresome, but not at all here). Phillipa Ashley always creates a very picturesque and detailed backing to her books, and this was the same. A beautiful and close knit, friendly town that you can almost see in front of you and always want to visit. Add into the mix it’s a Christmas book and the dropping in names of all the Christmas tracks, making me want to go and listen to them. It couldn’t be better.

I absolutely loved this book. As a teenager in the 1980s, I was 'that' girl who had a record collection full of music from the 1960s, so parts of this book totally resonated with me. As ever, Phillipa has given me a yearning to be in Cornwall. The book was full of romance, a little bit of drama, and a lot of heart. I thoroughly recommend this!

This novel continues to follow the lives of folk who live in the fictional village of Falford on the Fal estuary in Cornwall. This time it's the turn of Bo who runs the cafe and who has a passion for all things vintage, including dance. Her love life has been disastrous but dancing with the Flingers keeps her and her friends going. There are some wonderful descriptions of the joy of dancing in this truly feelgood story.

It was really lovely to go back to Falford and find out about the lovely Bo. I had briefly met her in the summer book but it was lovely to discover her and her love of vintage and rock and roll dancing. Angel her nifty fingered sewing friend was a joy and delight to meet and Ran the man with dark secrets. These books are a love letter to Cornwall and always a pleasure to read. Thank you netgalley for this arc which I have reviewed honestly.

It is always nice to settle into a cozy chair and open a new book by Phillipa Ashley! It is a joy to return to the village of Falford and read more about characters from the previous book. While the main focus is on the new soon-to-be couple, the townspeople pop into the story here and there. This second book in The Falford Series is the love story of Bo (Bonita) and Ran (Ranulph). Both of them are at a place in their lives where they are leery of romance and have decided to focus on themselves and not finding a partner. Sometimes when people decide they are not looking for love, it is then that love finds them. The plot flows along with “Rock and Roll” dancing. The friendship to love story evolves as a dance does. Slow at first, then the rhythm picks up and comes to a peak, and then the couple dances as a unit and the joy from them overflows to all that is watching. I have always loved to dance and reading this story with dancing as a major theme, gave me so much joy. I could picture the couples dancing, the beautiful clothes and could hear the music playing while reading. The author did an amazing job of writing this uplifting story while living in the times of the Covid19 virus. I think this book will bring happiness to all that read it. I will add that I adore the book cover and it fits the story so well! I recommend this book so highly and want to thank Avon Books UK, Avon and NetGalley for giving me the pleasure of reading the advance reader copy, with no obligation to write a review. My review is written freely as a hobby, and is totally my own opinion, not influenced by receiving the ARC

Phillipa Ashley brings us a charming Christmas tale this festive season, filled with warmth, rock and roll, and a little bit of Christmas magic. Bo Grayson has always believed Christmas to be the most wonderful time of the year, until she had her heart broken on Christmas Eve. However, at a summer fete, Bo and her friends meet the mysterious fortune teller Madame Odette, and they are each given the same prediction: You will meet the love of your life by Christmas Day. With just a few months until the festive season, they dismiss the predictions out of hand. The last thing Bo imagines is that she’ll be ready to open her heart again. But will fate – and perhaps a sprinkle of Christmas magic – change her mind? A Special Cornish Christmas is an enjoyable read, that I think will win over the hearts of many readers. The writing is strong, the characters are likeable, and I particularly enjoyed seeing the friendship between Bo and Angel, and the support the women gave to each other. My one disappointment was the romance aspect. Sadly, I didn't feel there was enough development of the relationship between Bo and her significant other. Whilst I did like him, and I was happy with how everything ended up, unfortunately, there were times he seemed very wishy-washy. His decision-making and lack of communication with Bo, as well as his thoughts about his past, were too much for me to truly believe in the relationship with Bo. That aside, it was a very good book, easy to read, light-hearted, and I imagine many people will absolutely adore it. I would definitely recommend it. A solid 3.5 stars from me. Many thanks to the publisher, Avon Books UK and NetGalley for an eARC of the book in exchange for an honest review. A Special Cornish Christmas will be released on November 11th.

Another fantastic read by Phillips Ashley. I love the characters in this novel, great to also revisit some of her older characters from previous books. I would definitely recommend this to all my friends 5 stars from me!!

Another brilliant book. Once again we return to the village of Falford in Cornwall. Bonita, known to everybody as Bo, runs the successful Boatyard Cafe. In her spare time she lives to dance and is a member of the Falford Flingers, a rock and roll dance group. After a disastrous end to a relationship, will a fortune teller's prediction come true?

Loved this book from start to finish and now want more! The characters are brilliant and I felt like dancing ( if only my body would allow)! Hoping for a sequel Phillipa, but then ainlo . ve all your books.

I received this book via NetGalley and give it my honest opinion. This is a must read to get yourself into the Christmas spirit, such a great read and loveable characters. A book you can immerse yourself into and feel like Christmas is just around the corner. I truly adored this book and highly recommend you read it, another smasher from Phillipa Ashley!

I love these types of warm holiday reads set in idyllic places. Premise For Bo Grayson, Christmas has always been the most wonderful time of the year. Well, until she had her heart broken last December… At a local summer fete, Bo and her friends meet the mysterious fortune teller Madame Odette, and they are each given the same prediction: You will meet the love of your life by Christmas Day. This was a very sweet and charming reading perfect to get in the Christmas spirit of for any time really. I loved reading about Bo and her friends! I def will check out more by this author.

For fans of this genre this book will not disappoint. It has all the right ingredients for a cosy festive read.

Genuinely loved the characters and the setting. Such lovely descriptions, a music and dancing vibe, a mysterious Madame Odette and a feel good storyline with a Christmassy feel. Bo, Ran and Angel all have their lives shaken up and need to start afresh. The Flingers help all three of them, but so does their growing friendships.

This is a lovely, well-written Christmas story. There is a definite feel of Cornwall about it, from the descriptions of the area to the way the characters speak. The book begins with café owner Bo packing up for Christmas, and going to the pub with her boyfriend, Scottish vet Hamish, where all her friends from the village dance group, the Falford Flingers, are meeting up. Bo adores the music of the fifties, and is an enthusiastic dancer of the dances of the fifties, which the Flingers do. She also wears a lot of fifties type clothes. Hamish is not terribly impressed, he laughs and makes fun of it all, and Bo assumes he is joking. There is an air of doom in the writing of the first couple of chapters, you are just waiting for Bo’s world to collapse, there is something about Hamish …. And bang! It happens. Bo tells Hamish she loves him, and he runs away back to Scotland! Never to be seen in Falford again! Bo maintains a stiff upper lip to the world at large, but she is never going to trust a man again. If it wasn’t for the support of her friends Angel and Ran her world would have crumbled. At a local charity fair the three of them visit the fortune teller in turn - it is for charity after all. Even though she gives them all the usual platitudes - “by Christmas you will meet the person of your dreams, etc.”, Madame Odette says something to each of them that rattles them. Ran is a bit of a mystery man, he works as a diving instructor in the village and sorts out the music for the Flingers, nobody knows anything of his background, or where he comes from, so the others are bemused when he stalks off in a temper after his reading. Angel has been married to Tommy for thirty years, but he spends a lot of time at sea as a trawler-man, and a lot of time in the pub when he is at home, the others cannot see what Angel sees in him as he often puts her down. The year progresses and there are changes to all their lives, some of which have a huge impact. Angel in particular needs the support of her friends and family. Ran and Bo become very close during the year, but as Christmas approaches everything seems to fall apart, is Bo going to have a repeat of last year’s fiasco? We do get a happy ending for each of the friends, as they each realise that Madame Odette spoke the truth - even though the truth is very different to each of their expectations. A lovely, reasonably gentle story, perfect for a relaxed afternoon before or just after Christmas.

I do love a good Christmas book, and this was a great Christmas book! I loved the previous book set in Falford so it was a delight to come across some familiar characters and places. I absolutely loved the dancing element, it really added some fun and flair to the story and the characters, and I enjoyed imagining them filling the dance floor with such joy. As always with Phillipa Ashley's books, the romance is sweet, and the fortune teller added an element of mystery that I appreciated. I will definitely revisit this for future festive reading! .

After finishing this book I want to go out and buy one of Angel's vintage inspired dresses and learn to jive, lindy hop, swing and do all the other rock n roll dances. Although there are some thought provoking and sad moments in the book on the whole this is a very upbeat and joyful read. The stories of Bo, Ran and Angel all intertwine through their love of rock n roll, and the flingers dance group. After a visit to the fortune teller at the summer fete they become more aware of life around them and identify parts of their lives which need to change. Madam Odette says that they will be with the love of their life by Christmas , this seems truly impossible. The description of the different places they visit in Cornwall is beautiful and I loved that the story is set in Falford again at the boat yard (where we met Bo before at her café in 'an endless Cornish summer'.) so we can catch up on old friends. .

A lovely Cornish story as a follow up to an Endless Cornish Summer, but this concentrates on new characters, so is a perfect stand-alone. There is heartbreak, romance and hope all combined with rockn’roll , songs from the 60’s and a vintage feel. Such a warm, cosy read to curl up with in the winter months surrounding Christmas. I recommend all of Phillips Ashley’s books, well written, loveable characters and knowing Cornwall well, beautifully described. Thanks to Avon Books and NetGalley for an ARC in return for an honest review.

This was a lovely festive tale that really gave me all the Christmas vibes! I enjoyed the main character Bo and the rock n roll dancing! Think this is the perfect read for a cosy night in 😍

This book is set in the beautiful Cornish, village Falford, the setting of the previous book. We fleetingly meet up with some characters we have previously met, but this is Bo's story. We follow her through the ups and downs that life has thrown her way. This book is a perfect feel good, festive read that will have you tapping your toes to the beat of the tunes picked out for the Flingers dance group that Bo and her lovely friends are part of.

What a gorgeous read- from the warmth of a summer fete to the nights drawing in and the festive season approaching. This was a great story and lovely to see Angel find her feet & change things in a most dramatic way. Bo and Ran were great characters- very likeable and I spent the whole book hoping they would finally get together. The descriptions of rock and roll dancing were fun and there was a lovely community feel to the whole story. Would definitely recommend.

I really enjoyed this title and highly recommend. I feel this will make an excellent addition to anyone’s book collection. Please be sure to go and pick this one up

Another return to Falford and the great community there. This time round the focus is on Bo, the cafe owner from the first book. Last Christmas she had her heart broken and swore never to fall in love again. However, a trip to a fortune teller at the local fete gives her (and her two friends) the prediction that they will find love by Christmas. Is it all nonsense or will the predictions come true? Loved Bo’s story and romance but not as much as Angie’s story. Her journey, supported by Bo, was the real story for me. There was also real intrigue about the identity of the mysterious fortune teller that kept me gripped. Great story, great characters and I’m so hoping there will be a return to Falford to focus on Orial.

What a wonderful feel good read. Phillipa is my absolute favourite author. It was a delight to be back in Falford and catching up with all the wonderful characters. This story focuses on Bo who runs the Boatyard Cafe and offers her delightful culinary food to the local and tourists. Bo is nursing a heart break and decide that men are not worth it. She finds comfort in the Falford Flingers who are a group of locals who love Rock and Roll. WIthin her group they form strong friendships including Ran, who has a mysterious side to him and Bo is drawn to him. The book leads through all the wonderful characters and how they overcome their emotional baggage and provide support for the group but mainly the importance of friendships. in the community. A delightful read and can be read as a standalone.

What another cozy and wonderful book from Ashley! Brew yourself a cup of tea and read this book in front of a roaring fire! You will not regret it :)

As a fan of Phillipa Ashley I was looking forward to this book, especially as it was a sequel to An Endless Cornish Summer, which I loved. However I was slightly disappointed as it did not have the same appeal and emotion as the previous book. It seemed to lack the tenderness and depth of feeling that Phillipa is so good at portraying. It started well with Bo’s heartbreak over Hamish but I felt it lost momentum after that. It was an easy read but I didn’t engage with the characters and I got quite frustrated with Ryan’s constant indecision! The pace of the story was rather slow and not helped by the long descriptions of Bo’s dresses, Angel’s designs and the “music “ conversations, which added nothing to the story and seemed irrelevant to the plot. The best part of the book was the developing romance between Bo and Ran, although this was a slow burner. I didn’t really get a Christmas vibe from the book, this was overshadowed by the constant references and descriptions of the clothes and music. I’m sure fans of Phillipa Ashley will enjoy the book, especially if they love the fashion and music of the 50’s and 60’s. Unfortunately for me it didn’t live up to the previous book An Endless Cornish Summer. Sorry Phillipa. Thanks to NetGalley and Avon books for allowing me to read this book.

When Bo’s boyfriend ends their relationship on Christmas Eve,she feels that Christmas is an unlucky time for her. The following August, a fortune teller tells her that she is going to be with the love of her life at Christmas.Bo doesn’t believe this and is convinced that her love life is doomed.Growing closer to a newcomer to Falford,will the predictions come true and will she be with the love of her life on Christmas Day? Phillipa Ashley is on of my ‘go to’ authors and she has pulled it out of the bag again!This book has definetly got me in the mood for Christmas.

If you are needing an escape to a kinder, cosy place; inhabited by friendly, caring people, Falford is definitely a place you need to be. Albeit through the pages of a book. I read An Endless Cornish Summer, the first in the Falford series by Phillipa Ashley, a few months ago. I loved the pretty shore community, set in the heart of Cornwall, and was thrilled to be heading back there for this book, A Special Cornish Christmas. In this book, we get to know some of the other residents, while still having passing glimpses in to the lives of the Morvah family. Bo, our central character, runs the Boatyard Cafe, an idyllic spot on the river, in the heart of the quaint town. While her business is thriving, her love life has not been smooth sailing. At the same time, her close friend Angel is also having a very hard time too. The story is closely based around the members of a local retro dance group, The Falford Flingers. The Rock ‘n’ Roll music, and the vintage clothes give a lovely back drop to the book, which further enhances the lovely, warm feel of the plot. As with Phillipa’s books I previously read, this a gentle read, where you feel safe in the knowledge that nothing too awful will happen. You will be wrapped in the warmth of these pages, as if you were curled up under a cosy blanket, in your favourite chair. 4* from me.

A welcome return to Falford in this uplifting Christmas tale. Cafe owner Bo and diving instructor Ran meet while carrying a lot of emotional baggage. . Both are on the rebound and are unsure about their true feelings for each other. Set in beautiful Cornwall, they are trying to pass betrayal and loneliness with the help of wonderful friends in the community, and a joint love of music and dancing. A spirited. book full of hope and compassion. .A gem of a read..

Read this whilst in Cornwall when the sun was shining, but it didn’t detract from the lovely story. Nice to see some of the characters in the village reappear. It’s a recommend from me

A lovely festive read which had me gripped from the beginning and I found it incredibly difficult to put down. Beautifully written with very likeable characters.. Highly recommended and definitely a 5 star from me.

Bo runs the Boatyard Cafe in the Cornish village of Falford. She, along with her two friends Angel and Ran, visits a fortune teller at a summer fair, who tells all 3 that they will find their true love by Christmas? Will that prediction come true? A beautifully set book, with great characters that you hope get their happy endings. My first story by the author, I'll definitely be looking out for more - a fantastic Christmassy read.

This is my first festive book for 2021 and it got me in the festive spirit. Bo and her friends meet the fortune teller Madame Odette, and they are each given a prediction that they all received - - - - - : You will meet the love of your life by Christmas Day. The question is will they??? Thanks to#NetGalley for the advance copy in return for an honest review.

Phillipa Ashley never ever fails to deliver! In this book she has everything you need for the perfect Cornish story alongside everything you could desire for your perfect Christmas story and she mixes it all up to create a heartwarming, romantic story. She has wonderful characters, some of whom you'll love and wish the best for and others you'll want to hiss and boo at! Of course the outcome is obvious but the journey to that conclusion is just magical. My thanks to Netgalley for my early copy.

What a great feel good book. Love this and really got into the Christmas spirit. Love all Phillips Ashley books about the Cornish people and this book was no different . Highly recommended

Waht's not to like in a Christmasy novel set in Cornwall and written by Phillipa Ashley. The novel starts with the the central character looking forward to a wonderful Christmas with her new man, Hamish and then we learn about her involvement with the Falford Flingers a team of people who put on demonstration shows of roke and roll dances. She is close to Angel who is married to a fisherman called Tommy who seems to spend his nights in the pub rather than at home and a new member of the group Ran, a quiet man who lives outside the village but enjoys setting up the records for the Team. The story then jumps forward to a summer fete where Bo, Angel and Ran separtly go to consult a mystic, Madam Odette who tells each of the three some disturbing news. It is ironic that a lot of what the woman says has an impact on their lives. I loved the idea of Bo's cafe and the Christmasy magic that Phillipa weaves into her tale as well as how each of the main characters resolve their problems whilst still involved with their beloved group of dancers. Cornwall comes alive in the pages of the novel and makes me long for a trip back in the future. A lovely novel for the Christmas stocking.

Phillippa Ashley never disappoints and this is a lovely, warm and festive book, perfect for the lead up to the Christmas season. I loved the main characters, Bo and Ran and the setting of the fictional village of Falford. The addition of a rock and roll dancing club and the many great songs referenced is a bonus. Did I work out the ending? Of course, but isn't that part of the enjoyment in this genre.

With thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for an early copy in return for an honest review. A cozy Christmas read! I definitely felt transported to Cornwall and by the end of the book I wanted to research dancing. I should have looked up the various songs mentioned in the book so I could have those playing while I read the book :)

A Special Cornish Christmas is another story in the Falford series and features many of the characters that readers of Phillipa Ashley will be familiar with. This book focuses on Bo, who owns the boatyard cafe and is an avid fan of rock and roll dance! Bo's been unlucky in love so far, but will her future change this Christmas with the arrival of quiet DJ Ran? Bo's best friend Angel also needs a dose of good luck, and we get to follow their escapades in the book. A Special Cornish Christmas is a great book, at any time of year. The Christmas side of things is not too in your face, and just adds a nice back drop to the main narrative. It's a comforting easy read, perfect for chilly nights with a hot chocolate and a blanket!

Another fantastic read by Phillipa! Back in Falford Cornwall we are with Bo owner of the Boatyard Cafe after having her heart broken last Christmas she is hoping this one will be better. After a fortune teller says that she will be in love by this Chrismas, Bo is not looking for love at all. What a fab joyful read, great characters I loved Angel and Ran. This is a lovely Christmas read with a bit of rock and roll thrown in what's not to love. ⭐⭐⭐⭐

A wonderfully feel good story! I couldn’t put it down and read it in one evening. Would most heartily recommend!

Another amazing book by Phillipa Ashley and an amazing festive read that made me feel cosy and christmassy, well written, great characters and a really enjoyable read.

Slow start but stick with it, it's worth it. Different life stages of friends, centered around a dance group. Follow the challenges and changes that occur. A gentle roller-coaster with friends you care about. Christmas escapism, curl up and enjoy

I decided to read this book in the end and really enjoyed it. A typical Christmas love story based in a beautiful area of the country

This Christmas everything is about to change… When Bo Grayson and her friends meet a mysterious fortune teller, she gives each woman the same prediction: You will meet the love of your life by Christmas Day. But Bo quickly dismisses this as nonsense. And with the festive season in full swing, she has plenty to keep her busy: creating the seasonal menu for her Boatyard Café, getting her rock and roll dance group ready for their Christmas show – and avoiding thinking about last December, when her fortune took a turn for the worse… Besides, she definitely isn’t ready to open her heart again. But will fate – and perhaps a sprinkle of Christmas magic – change her mind? Thank you to Netgalley and the publishers for allowing me to read this book. Another smasher from Phillipa Ashley! Perfect for curling up in a chair with a huge mug of hot chocolate and a 'Do not Disturb' sign. Phillipa weaves a story with style, as part of a series the book touches on previous storylines whilst focusing on an individual characters story. Its quirky, indulgent, heart breaking and fabulous all at the same time. The characters are relatable and realistic. Warning: Do not pick up if you have somewhere to be/something to do because you WILL get lost in this tale of love, friendship and possibilities.

A cozy little Christmas story. Visit the coastal town of Falford to meet Bo and her friends. Bo Grayson loves Christmas and all the old Christmas music, that is until her heart is broken by Hamish, a man who was not whom he seemed to be. Bo is a dancer in a village dance group called the Falford Flingers along with her friend Angel and the quiet newcomeer Ran. Together they attend a summer fair where they visit the mysterious Madame Odette to have their future told and all become visibly shaken as they are told the same thing, that “next Christmas they will be with their true love.” They all dismiss this this as a lark and yet their lives begin to be driven by these predictions. Yet Angel’s life takes a detour as her husband of 30 years disappears. As Bo and Ran begin to develop feelings for each other, Ran’s soon to be ex-wife turns up. So is the mysterious Madame a fake? Will Bo, Angel, and Ran find that magic and have a second chance to be able to trust love again? Phillpa Ashley writes a delightful tale of mystery, love, holiday magic, and brings you into the Celtic countryside of England with her great descriptions. You can’t but help root for Bo, Angel, and Ran to find love and happiness given what they’ve all personally been through. I found that although this kept me reading on to find out and hoping for a great outcome, it was somewhat predictable. But that was okay with me because it’s what I wanted as a reader of this feel good book. It makes you believe that magic really does happen at Christmas. Many thanks to #netgalley #aspecialcornishchristmas # phillpaashley for the opportunity to read and review this book.

Bo runs the local café, and has been going out with Hamish. Looking forward to spending Christmas with him she is badly let down, leaving her distrustful of everyone. Madam Odette. a fortune teller foretells the future of the three main characters, Bo, Angel, and Ran, though neither believe a word she says some of her prophecies start to come true. Written in an easy, light-hearted style, with a friendly tone, the scenes are expertly set with beautiful descriptions of the scenery and boatyard on the Cornish coast where Bo’s café is placed. The plot runs at a steady space, with several characters who have hidden secrets. Ran, in particular, is mysterious and elusive about his hidden past, and all becomes clear as the story unfolds. I like the Christmas feel to the story, and descriptions of retro dancing Rock n’ Roll and jiving, also the 60s costumes and sense of fun, energy and enjoyment. There is a real sense of community, with strong, independent women helping each other when needed and determined to succeed when let down in the past. Characters are believable and develop as the story unfolds. However, I thought that the romance between Bo and Ran developed a little too slowly and lacked passion. But would definitely recommend.

There are many Christmas romances published each year, and this stands out above the rest. It is a warm, cuddly hug of a book. The Cornish setting, with Bo’s harbour cafe, is delightful. The unusual addition of rock and roll dancing as a hobby for Bo adds interest. I thoroughly enjoyed this book.

Bo Grayson is fantastically happy with her man but things stop abruptly just before Christmas leaving her second guessing her decisions and deciding to remain single. She plows all her energy into making her seaside cafe into a success. Her other passion is rock and roll dancing where she can forget her troubles and eye their mysterious DJ, Ran. I loved this book, Phillipa Ashley really makes her characters real making you care about them and cheer them on.

Thank you NetGalley, Phillipa Ashley and Avon Books for the copy od A Special Cornish Christmas. This is my personal review. The lives of Bo, Ran and Angel are all friends and they all have had ups and downs in their lives. They go together to see Madame Odette, a fortune teller. When they are each given the same prediction – that each of them is going to meet the love of their lives by Christmas. They know that this cannot be something that will really happen to them all. This is a book you will want to read. The author has done a beautiful job making the readers really care about each person in this book.

An absolutely perfect Christmas read! I loved the cosy Christmassy setting, the storyline was pacy and the ending was very satisfying. I loved how fiery the main character, Bo, was and the developing love story. Thank you so much for this arc!

What a beautiful holiday story to lift my spirits and remind me of what is important in life! The story centers around the lives of Bo, Ran, and Angel - three friends involved in a dance club, the Flingers. They all have some emotional upheaval in their lives, and with the support of the group, find a way to move forward in the best possible way. The book has it all - friendship, love, forgiveness, and second chances. The story is predictable, but completely enjoyable and will leave you knowing that while life sometimes takes a different path than you once thought you wanted, you can still find happiness! I received an advance copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

My heart goes out to Bo! Can her heart be broken during Christmas time two years in roll despite the fortune-teller's predictions? I loved the small-town vibes and holidays festivities pouring out of the book. I'm not familiar with many of the classical artists mentioned in this novel. However, it was still easy to imagine the dancers preparing for their performances, making this cozy romance a delight. NetGalley gave an audio version which I thought the narrator was great. These thoughts are my own and I'm not obligated to provide a positive review.

Thanks to netgalley for this free read. I have enjoyed reading this book in the 'Cornish' series as much as I did the last one - it has been great getting to know the different characters living in 'Falford' and following their stories. There were lots of ups and downs and will they get together or won't they. You will have to read the book to find out if there was a good ending! I look forward to reading the next book in the series - I am hoping there will be another one! Thanks once again to netgalley.

Another hit from Phillipa Ashley, I always enjoy a storyline set in a seaside town & it’s community. Thoroughly enjoyed this

First off, thank you for letting me review this book! I really enjoyed the story and the characters of this book! The storyline kept me reading until I finished! I loved the characters and how well everyone connected

Another wonderful Christmas book by Philippa Ashley. I thoroughly enjoyed it, it was cosy and festive and easy to read once I got into it.

Back in the bubble of Falmouth and the friends and areas. Love this book. Was great to get someone else love story and great to read a little about a previous character which I always enjoy!

This is a lovely, well-written Christmas story. There is a definite feel of Cornwall about it, from the descriptions of the area to the way the characters speak. I really enjoyed it from start to finish.

I love these books! I enjoy the little refer to other people that have featured in past books and it makes you feel as if you are part of that community and they are your friends also. I was wishing for a happy ending and a Christmas that is the best ever for all Bo and Angel! I also loved how the young and the older people combined to create a joint rock and roll club with dancing and having fun. What a wonderful time they all are having! A truly wonderful read as always in Cornwall.

Having spent most of my Christmas' in Cornwall, and being denied that opportunity last year due to lockdowns, I am looking forward to returning home this year, This was the perfect pre reading to get me in the festive mood. Great characters with Bo and Angel. Just lovely.