Under the Mistletoe

Pub Date 28 Oct 2021 | Archive Date 30 Oct 2021

Christmas. A time for family, friends – and rekindling old flames…

When Laurel returns to the village of Middledip, she’s looking for a quiet life. Adjusting to her recent divorce, she’s ready to spend some time getting back on her feet amidst the glorious snow-dusted countryside.

Yet, life in Middledip is far from straightforward. Coming to the aid of her sister, Rea, as she navigates her own troubles, Laurel barely has a moment to think about where her own life is going.

However, time stands still when she sees her old flame, Grady Cassidy – and it’s soon as if they’ve never been apart. But through her happiness, Laurel remembers why she left the village all those years ago, as she recalls a dark night and Grady’s once-wayward brother, Mac…

Can Laurel learn to forgive and forget? Or will her chances of Christmas under the mistletoe with Grady remain a dream?

An enchanting, festive read, perfect for fans of Sarah Morgan and Carole Matthews.

PRAISE FOR SUE MOORCROFT:

‘This book is a tapestry of all the feels and emotions – loved it!’ Milly Johnson

‘Evocative, engaging and gloriously romantic.’ Cathy Bramley

‘A glorious adventure… perfect escapism to brighten the greyest of days.’ Fiona Gibson

‘Full of sunshine and secrets.’ Heidi Swain

‘It whisked me off to sun-drenched Italy…I could feel the heat on my face and taste the wine!' Phillipa Ashley

‘Sue’s novels are the perfect escape. You’re guaranteed a warm and cosy read whatever the weather.’ Bella Osborne

‘A magical escape with all the ingredients of a perfect romance.’ Helen Rolfe

’An absolute gem – I just couldn’t put it down!’ Christina Courtenay

Christmas. A time for family, friends – and rekindling old flames…

EDITION Ebook
PRICE A$9.99 (AUD)

Gorgeous, just gorgeous!! I love Christmas books anyway but Sue Moorcroft knows who to write em!! What a fantastic festive story

A story that made you think.. Could you forgive some one who had hurt you mentally and physically. You had the love element with Lauren and Grady and the pain of the x husband . Also bullying at school and Rea with her agoraphobia. A brilliant read. Loved it.Another ace book by Sue Moorcroft

I was so excited to be able to read this as part of my Christmas in July readathon absolutely love this authors books and this one was no exception. It was a real treat to be transported back to middledip which has featured in some of her other books. Under the mistletoe was so much more than just a Christmas story and had lots of very strong characters who were all dealing with their own demons. Laurel who is coming to terms with her divorce is transported back to the painful events of what happened in her youth when she returns to middledip to help her sister Rea who is suffering from Agra phobia and her niece Daisy who has been at the mercy of bullying at school. The author raised awareness of these issues and lots of others which I won’t go into for fear of spoilers whilst dealing with them in a very sensitive way. The other story running parallel in this book is the romance blossoming between Laurel and Grady will they get a second chance at love after his brother Macs actions all those year ago came between them and will they overcome all of the difficulties that are being put in their way now and in the past to be able to move forwards in their lives and be together.

Very strange to be reading a Christmasy book in the summer but considering the summer we’ve had perhaps not that strange! A lovely love story about Laurel who moved back to her home village after her marriage fails. But should she have come back? Bad things happened when she was a schoolgirl but her sister needs her. She falls in love again with her old boyfriend. Her paintings are a joy. Little things keep cropping up that could spoil her happiness but she fights in through.

I have enjoyed reading this author’s previous books and this one doesn’t disappoint. Laurel left the village of Middledip as a traumatised teenager; she’s now back to help her sister Rea who is suffering from agoraphobia. But the villain of those teenage years still lives in the village and although years have passed, she is finding it difficult to forgive and forget. With feelings for her nemesis brother added into the mix, will Laurel be able put the past behind her? Lovely story. Good characters. An easy and enjoyable read.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book, it’s definitely a great wintery/festive read. I always find myself sinking into the books by this author and feeing like I’m part of the story.

Thanks Netgalley for allowing me to read this book. Laurel returns to families hometown after getting a divorce. While there she meets Grant who was her old boyfriend many years ago. I enjoyed the different characters in this book and the chemistry between Laurel and Grant

A festive, feel good treat! It’s lovely to be back in Middledip again for this gorgeous, heartwarming book from Sue Moorcroft. This time we meet Laurel and Grady who are back together in Middledip years after Laurel fled following a nasty bullying incident involving Grady’s brother Mac. Grady never found out what happened all those years ago, but can Laurel move on and put the past behind her? A wonderful treat for the Christmas holidays which I happily devoured in one sitting! Relax, grab a Baileys and a piece of shortbread and enjoy……

Laurel returns to Middledip to help her sister Rea. She's not been back since a traumatic experience when a teenager. She then bumps into her old boyfriend Grady. Love Sue Moorcroft books and this is no exception

At first, I would like to thank Netgalley and Avon Books for allowing me to review this book. Keep in mind that my review, however, is my true opinion on this book. “Under the mistletoe” is another beautiful story by Sue Moorcroft. Perfect for your holiday! This book is all about Christmas. Here you've got it! Laurel returns to Middledip to have a slow and more relaxed life. She has just been divorced, so life has definitely not been easy for her. But nothing is like she remembered in Middledip. Or maybe it is just as hurtful as she thought. This book gives you a perspective on life that you might need to take sometimes. You have to remember, what is important to you, and what you prefer to prioritize in life. And this book will get you thinking. “Bad things always seemed worse at Christmas”. What a line! I guess I can kind of agree with it, though. When you think about it, it might be true. And I feel like this line explains everything about this story. I usually enjoy Sue Moorcrofts books. They always make you feel good, and they are uplifting as well as enjoyable to read. And this one is certainly a good one as well. This is such a beautiful and wonderful book! If you were not already thinking about Christmas, this book sure will get you thinking and longing for Christmas to be here.

Oh I do love a trip to Middledip! In her latest festive fiction Under the Mistletoe, Sue Moorcroft takes us back to this lovely village for a story that has everything that I love - likeable, relatable characters,,damaged characters, a pretty village full of community spirit, snow, Christmas trees, love, loss, hot romance, and horses! This gorgeous tale wrapped me in a warm and comforting hug from the first to the last page, and I feel slightly bereft at having to leave! There is a darker side to this story that is sensitively written, and really engaged my emotions. The story shimmered with glorious colours - phthalo blue, cadmium red, Indian yellow to name a few, that really leapt off the pages,,allowing me to visualise them in all their beauty, and I loved that. This is a story that needs to be on my shelf, as it is already in my heart. I absolutely loved it.

Another feel good festive treat from sue moorcroft, Christmas wouldn’t be Christmas without one of her Christmas reads! Lovely to be back in middledip and meet new, interesting characters whilst being in a snowy festive village setting, I felt as if I should be sampling a mince pie washed down with a baileys as I devoured under the mistletoe! Under the mistletoe is a Christmas read with a strong sense of community, family loyalties and a sense of belonging/coming home, but underlying it all difficult subjects such as assault, bullying and agoraphobia are sensitively tackled with an underlying message that in order to live again,move on and be happy you need to let go of the past in order to progress to a happier more fulfilled future. A lovely thought provoking Christmas read that will get you into the festive spirit, perfect for those pre Christmas dark wintery nights! Thank you netgalley for this early read.

I've not ready any of Sue Moorcroft's works and I came upon this book by pure chance. And unexpectedly, I liked it a lot. This book deals with heavy topics and can be triggering for some, so a fair warning before you read this book. I have to remark that Moorcroft doesn't shy away from showing how these situations affect someone and continue to affect them even after many years after the incident. Laurel is a truly wonderful character and I loved reading from her perspective. And Grady is also a lovely guy and so supportive of Laurel. My only qualm with this book is the number of characters; there were quite a few and each had some minor subplot attached with them, so things did become hard to follow sometimes. But overall, this was a pretty nice Christmas read (which I'm reading in August lol)

Such an emotive subject handled with great care and attention. Laurel returns to her home town to look after her agoraphobic sister and neice but having run away 14 years ago after a traumatic incident can she cope with all the feelings coming back brings. A brilliant story about the long term affects of bullying and more. Superbly written with characters you want to envelope in a big hug. Totally recommend

You can never go wrong with Sue Moorcroft and Under the Mistletoe didn't disappoint, great read for Christmas

Another winner by Sue Moorcroft. Although I read this preview copy in the summer, it put me straight into festive mode. A story full of twists and turns, characters with issues past and present who work through them and a strong moral compass underpin this book. Most enjoyable.

I love Sue Moorcroft books they are full of love, loyalty and new beginnings. I got fully involved in Christmas with the wreaths, Christmas trees and a whole village embracing the Christmas spirit. I loved all the characters, all with a story to tell from the effects of bullying to a family member with agoraphobia plus two very different horses but both loved for different reasons. Sue Moorcroft paints pictures with words and this is a book I am so happy to have read

I enjoy reading Sue Moorcroft’s stories taking place in Middledip. While there are few intersections of characters the readers know from other books, we are still experiencing the same town vibe and getting to meet other villagers. The story focuses on Laurel, who had an appalling, unforgettable situation one dark night when she was in her late teens. She moved away from Middledip soon afterwards and now is moving back (temporally) to help her sister, and is confronted with the dark past. A good part of that past is her teenage boyfriend Grady, and their sparks still are ignited, unfortunately, it is complicated. The story is about bullying, guilt, forgiveness, family ties and community. As difficult as forgiveness can be, can a person truly move on and live a full emotional life, with the past hurt weighing like a 100-pound weight on their mind? Sue Moorcroft did an amazing job of writing a book about a difficult subject and did it with grace and understanding. I definitely recommend this book. I will add that I love the book cover! Laurel, the main female character is an artist and the descriptions of her paintings are so beautiful, I wish I could actually see them. I want to thank Avon Books UK, and NetGalley for giving me the pleasure of reading the advance reader copy, with no obligation to write a review. My review is written freely as a hobby, and is totally my own opinion, not influenced by receiving the ARC.

Loved how descriptive this book was, we follow laurel who has returned to the village she grew up in to help her sister and her niece, as her sister suffers from agoraphobia and it's effecting her niece, she bumps into an old flame Grady and slowly falls for him again despite what his brother had done to laurel when she was a teenager, can she get past what's happened and learn to slowly forgive, a book I couldn't put down, loved the storyline and the characters were brilliant Well written and would highly recommend

I love Sue Moorcrofts books and this book was no different. A book filled with romance and set at Christmas, I could not ask for more in a book. Its well written and thoroughly enjoyable. The relationships and dramas in this book are brilliant and I wanted to know what was going to happen with Laurel and Grady. Loved this book, will definitely recommend.

Under the Mistletoe by Sue Moorcroft is a wonderful, contemporary romance that takes place in a small village full of second chances and festive spirit. I loved it! I have been a fan of Ms. Moorcroft for some time now, so I was excited to read her newest book. Such a beautifully described quaint English village with all the hustle and bustle of the Christmas season and holiday cheer. Those activities paired nicely to the heavier content included and created a nice balance. Yes it is an adorable village, however small towns have their own troubles. Laurel returns to her childhood home to help out her sister (whom helped her out growing up) and her niece just when they need it the most. She doesn’t want to return. It is full of bad past experiences and a traumatic event. But, she faces the task full on. She encounters a past significant other, Grady, whom a miscommunication and associated past events led to their separation. Can Laurel and Grady, and his brother Mac as well, find a way to acknowledge, accept, forgive, and move forward? Is there still a spark hidden that could be encouraged for Laurel and Grady? Can Laurel help her family move towards a positive future? A little Christmas magic and hope will be needed to make this all come true. I truly enjoyed the journey to find this positive and uplifting ending. 5/5 stars. I highly recommend! Thank you NG and Avon Books UK for this wonderful arc and in return I am submitting my unbiased and voluntary review and opinion. I am posting this review to my GR and Bookbub accounts immediately and will post it to my Amazon, Instagram, and B&N accounts upon publication.

This is the first book I read from this genre and from this author, but in December you can count on me to be in front of my TV, eating sweets and drinking a coffee while watching a christmas movie. This is how I knew I HAD to give a chance to this book and, oh my I was not disappointed. This story brought so much more than just a nice and cosy Christmas read. Laurel's story is, unfortunately, not as rare as one can think, and needs to be widely discussed. By tackling different types of traumas and anxiety issues, this book is so much more than just a Christmas romance, it gives perspectives by observing traumas through different set of eyes. I certainly am going to read other books by the same author. Again, thank you netgalley for providing me with a copy of this gem.

Another great book from Sue! Longing for those cold festive nights now. Great read to curl up with this winter

Absolutely love a Christmas themed book. Perfect reading for a winter's night. Fast paced, easy to read.

Christmas themed books are my favourite and this was a great addition to that genre. Makes you feel all festive!

Let The Festivities Begin… In Middledip for the Festive season. Laurel has returned looking for a new start but life in Middledip throws up its own brand of stresses and strains. Will things be straightened out in time for a perfect Christmas? Unashamedly full of the festive spirit with a colourful cast of characters and an entertaining storyline. Ideal holiday reading for some guaranteed escapism.

Just lovely. Gentle romance that brews over the whole book. The book doesn’t shy away from some hard issues and deals with emotional issues, sexual attack and agoraphobia really sensitively. The book is tense and whilst the happy ending is always assumed it could come in so many guises that the ending is always in doubt. Real tender relationships are explored along with the notions of forgiveness and forgetting all very well written. The exploration of art and its many ways of being produced is interesting and done delicately. Incredibly moving and cute.

Whats not to love about a Sue Moorcroft book! This one will not disappoint & it also comes with wise words about moving on. Laurel moves bck to Middledip to move in with her sister Rea, who has agraphobia and her neice Daisy. Laurel is recently divorced & is looking for a new begining & hopefully moving to Cornwall to continue her career as an artist. There are bad memories in Middledip which are never far from Laurels thoughts & are exacerbated by seeing the Cassidy brothers. Difficult time ahead for her but will it get better? A lovely Christmas story thats highly recommended.

So much more than a Christmas read! Always a delight to return to Middledip too, cant deny a little heart flutter at the mention of Ratty and a delight to pop into the Three Fishes too! This is a story full of hope, love, friendship, family and community spirit. Mixed with the delicate magic of how Sue explores topics such as Agraphobia, Infertility, Assault and the wonders of art in its many forms from gourd, painting and wreath making (which I'm certainly going to try this year). All of this is why I love reading Sue's books, she transports you, makes you feel for characters and educates. Another smashing 5* read!

I absolutely love a Christmas book. I mean what's not to love, the festiveness, the love, the warmth, the joy, the happiness, the Christmas cheer. All this and great characters, great storyline and a big hug in book form. Will be found within the pages of this amazing festive book. Loved it.

I want to fist say thank you to the author and NetGalley for giving me the eARC. I want to say that she handle the emotional subjects amazingly, this book talks about bullying, forgiveness, guilt, and more. The book it’s about Lauren going back to middledip temporarily to help her sister that is suffering from Agra phobia, and her nice daisy is also suffering from bullying at school. The author raised awareness about this issues. Lauren is also returning to a place where she had a bad experience when she was young and she is also reunited with her ex boyfriend but things between them are complicated. The book is good and I really like the the authors way of writing.

Oh this book was just perfection and has gotten me really excited for the Christmas season already! Sue Moorcroft knows how to write a perfect festive story!

This is one of my favourite authors. Set against the chocolate box setting of a small English village at Christmas this is a charming second-chance romance. Love love loved it! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

While apart of a series, this can really be a stand alone. I love the village she takes us to and the characters! I loved the mystery aspect and overall thought it was a great Christmas book!

Under The Mistletoe Sue Moorcroft Avon Under The Mistletoe sends us on a trip to Middledip, a gorgeous village filled with community spirit. Newly single Laurel returns reluctantly to the place which holds some bad memories due to an attack on her while she was a teenager. Laurel is needed as her sister Rea has agoraphobia and it is affecting 14 year old Daisy, Rea's daughter, as she is skipping school and clearly having a hard time. Although Laurel is dealing with her own demons especially when she comes face to face with her attackers she is set on getting her family back on track by supporting them both. Laurel has a huge quandary when a spark is re-ignited with her old boyfriend Grady. This story is full of festive fun with the decorated homes of the residents, Christmas fairs, snowy weather and of course the mistletoe. It certainly put me in the Christmas mood even in August! My thanks to Net Galley and Avon Books for this lovely story that warmed my heart.

wow! such an amazing story, never normally go for Christmassy books but this one has made me fall in love with them! Can't wait to re-read this at Christmas time, 5/5!!!

A fabulous festive read, quite gritty and emotional at times, Sue always likes to take her readers on a emotional journey with her characters! Uplifting and exciting, this lovely book captured my imagination and interest throughout.

Such a wonderful warm story, full of Christmas and community spirit, I thoroughly enjoyed every moment of visiting Middledip and all the lovely people who live there, I feel very christmassy now

Chick lit? Romcom? Oh, so much more depth. Sue Moorcroft is one of my favourite authors. She brings characters alive and paints magical descriptions of the village, thee season and Christmas. She also tackles issues with sensitivity - assault, agoraphobia, infertility and bullying and how they can be helped with no quick fixes. She also shows in this book glimpses of what it is like to be an artist and how they see their creations. This all becomes a homogeneous whole that draws you in and keeps you reading to the very last page with a satisfying twist at the end. If you are looking for a Christmas book, you couldn’t do better than this. It is a lovely book and I recommend it. Thanks to Avon Books and NetGalley for a ARC in return for my honest opinion.

Laurel has to return to the family home in the little village of Middledip to help her sister, who is suffering from agoraphobia. Whilst there, she finds herself having to face up to a long ago trauma and her teenage past. Will she be able to get beyond her history to settle once again? Under The Mistletoe is a romance story, but it also tackles some hard hitting emotional issues, bullying and sexual assault. I did find some parts uncomfortable to read, but they were certainly thought provoking. A great set of believable characters, I loved Lauren's niece Daisy and grumpy Gabe. A good read, definitely won't be my last by this author.

Review of Under the Mistletoe by Sue Moorcroft Divorcee Laurel returns home to Middledip to help her sister with her acrophobia and her nieces truancy. Also running into her old boyfriend along the way. I always enjoy Sue Moorcrofts books and this one was no different. An enjoyable read that tackled some difficult subjects. Recommended

A lovely Christmas book which has many characters facing demons. Laurel returns to Middledip and is the main character, but there is so much else going on. A very Christmassy setting and will not disappoint.

When her marriage ends after years battling infertility, Laurel temporarily moves back to the village of Middledip to help her sister and niece. She lived in Middledip until she was 16, when she fled after being assaulted. Laurel's sister, Rea, suffers from agoraphobia and hasn't left the house in a year which has led to Laurel's14 year old niece, Daisy, being bullied at school. Laurel plans to help Rea to go outside and to begin to move past the garden gate, so she can begin to get her life back and help Daisy be a teenager. Laurel has no plan to rekindle her romance with Grady Cassidy, the boyfriend she left behind without a word 19 years ago, but the more they see each other the more the feelings she had at 16 intensify. Under the Mistletoe has everything I want in a book. The characters are great, the conversations are witty, the problems the characters have seem real and the reader routes for solutions. I really wanted Rea to go for a walk down the lane to feed the horse, Daisy to confront her bullies, and Laurel to let go of the bad things that happened to her before she left the village. I completely recommend this Christmas themed book which I got from NetGalley. #NetGalley #SueMoorcroft #HarperCollinsPublishers #HarperCollinsUK #agoraphobia #bullying #infertility #Christmas #ARC

I found this book difficult to get into I had to keep going back over the first few chapters to get all the names sorted to the characters there was so much information that I got lost and I was ready to give in. Once I got my head round it I really enjoyed it. I found it to be a very emotional story covering a lot of issues from bullies to love, family issues, medical problems, revenge, and forgiveness. The story line has been written extremely well and it certainly engaged me. The main character Laurel has her own problems and demonds to sort out but also has to help her sister who has agoraphobia. She left her home in a small village at the age of 16 but had to return 19 years later because her sister needed her help. It was a hard decision she had to make going back to a place where her memories were not good. I would definitely recommend this book. And I hope there will be another book to follow on the story.

A lovely festive tale with a twist on how the past can come back and find its way into your present. Likeable characters and you were rooting for them all even the ones who had done the bad deeds in the past!

Enjoyed this title very much. Would highly recommend reading and adding to your collection. Very interesting storyline

I really enjoyed this book. Laurel had left her childhood home several years ago after suffering a trauma she felt unable to tell anyone about. Her sister is suffering from agoraphobia and needs help not only with her illness but with her troubled teenage daughter. Laurel reluctantly returns but is expecting to move on after a few months. She has an encounter with an old flame who she had left all those years ago without an explanation. She had hoped to avoid this situation but it is in fact the core of the story. There are many issues covered throughout and at times I was not sure what the outcome could be. This book held my attention to the very last page and is one that I would recommend.

This book was such a lovely Christmas read. What set it apart from others of its kind was the plot addressing some important issues like moving past assault, infertility and Agra phobia. The characters were engaging and I read this book in one sitting. It’s a must read!!

I enjoyed reading Under the Mistletoe, it is a lovely, well-written story. Although it is a romance it does touch on a lot of issues too, which adds substance to the story. Set in the town of Middledip, where Sue Moorcroft other books have been set, this book has everything you want for a Christmas story, plenty of snow, village events and colourful characters. Add in some drama, misunderstanding and you have a very good read. The backstories for the characters are well developed and I had an instant connection with them. Laurel is an artist who is returning to the village following her divorce, to help out her agoraphobic sister and niece. I did like Laurel, though at times she was rather annoying and intransigent. I liked Grady, her long-ago boyfriend, he was lovely; very kind and patient too, There are some real personalities in Middledip and they are all involved in making this story come to life. This is a story of forgiveness and letting go of the past to be able to move on. This is a really good book and a very sweet romance, with a good Christmas vibe and one definitely worth a read.

I was given this copy of the book by netgalley for an honest review. The book is mainly about a sexual assualt that happens to the main character Laurel nineteen years ago and how it affects her and those around her when she has to return to her hometown. The book provides great detail about the Christmas festivities and there are some very interesting ideas being mentioned. However, I found it a bit too descriptive at times. Also, although thankfully I never experienced such a trauma, and probably cannot be the one to talk about this, the decisions which had to be made by the main character seemed to be too lengthy and unreasonable at times. All in all I enjoyed this book and could not wait to see how it will eventually end.

This was a very enjoyable Christmas read. Different and with more depth than the typical Christmas books. Under the Mistletoe tackles forgiveness, agoraphobia and sexual assault but with plenty of Christmassy fun and scenes to soften the tough subjects. Lauren is a successful artist who returns to Middledip to help her sister, who is suffering from agoraphobia. Coming back to the village means that Lauren has to face a traumatic event from her teens and learn how to move on. If you like Christmas, snow and romance but prefer strong storylines to predictability, this is worth a read.

Laura has to return to her childhood home of Middledip to help her sister Rea who is in the grips of Agrophobia. Rea cannot leave the house and her daughter Daisy is having problems at school but Rea cannot deal with them or give her daughter the life she needs, The last place Laura wants to go is back to her home village. Something dramatic and very hurtful happened to Laura there on her last year at school and she fled. Laura knows she is sure to come into contact with her first love Grady as well as his brother and it is a reunion she is not looking forward to. What a lovely story this is . It's about love and family. It's about fear and hope. It's about owning up to your mistakes but not expecting forgiveness. And finally it's about accepting that past mistakes can't be undone but they can be learned from and then you have to move on. Sue Moorcroft is becoming one of my favourite authors . I could feel Laura's pain and anguish and also that of her sister. Although two different types of pain to recover from both equally as difficult. They both have a lot to go through before they can find happiness on the other side. I just fall into Sue's books and immerse myself in other places and other lives. Love them.

So cute!! I really loved this one. I got the feeling I was right there. Christmas vibes in September are always welcome. What drew me in was the cover but the story didn't disappoint. I loved the relationship, it was so wholesome and heartwearming.

I’m really enjoying Sue Moorcroft books especially returning to Middledip, it feels like home. Laurel returns to Middledip to help her sister, Rea and niece, she is apprehensive but also comforted with familiar surroundings. Laurel bumps into Grady, her childhood sweetheart, and his brother Mac, helping them out but also not wanting to be near Mac because of something he did before she left. Typical village life everyone knows you and your business but equally are well meaning and mostly friendly, set around Christmas time with the Xmas lights, fair and family, will Laurel stay or go?

Welcome to a Middledip Christmas! As a fan of the author's work for a good while now, I was delighted to find this year's 2nd novel was set in her wonderful construction of, Middledip. All the characters she's populated this village with are back, and it feels like we're back home. This story contains all the usual humour we've come to expect from Ms Moorcroft, together with a healthy dish of mental and physical bullying to be conquered, as well as dealing with the issue of agoraphobia. This is a beautifully written read which effortlessly switches between laugh out loud moments to those where you find tears streaming down your face without realising it. Effortlessly drawing you in, this is a book you will find yourself coming back to time and again; and not just at Christmas. My thanks to Avon and Netgalley for the reading ARC.

Thank you to NetGalley and Avon Books UK for providing a free ARC in exchange for my honest review. This was a delightful read that will put you in the holiday spirit! The picturesque village setting was the perfect backdrop to this Christmas romance. The characters are unique and engaging, and I enjoyed the realistic struggles addressed in this story. It was both emotional and uplifting. I would recommend this for anyone wanting a cozy holiday read!

Four and a half Stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭒ Under the Mistletoe by Sue Moorcroft is a lovely, emotional holiday book. It’s not the light, fluffy read that the cover suggests, and is instead a book with flawed characters who deal with some tough issues that the author handles with care and compassion. After a tough divorce, Laurel heads back to her hometown of Middledip to help her sister Rae, her niece Daisy, and to rest and figure out the rest of her life after her divorce. She runs into her old friend, Grady, who she left suddenly when she left town many years ago. Laurel and Grady were fast becoming more than friends when she suddenly left, and Grady never could figure out why Laurel left town so fast. Laurel also runs into Grady’s brother Mac, who is now a teacher at Daisy’s school. However, Laurel can’t stand to be in the same room as Mac because of something that happened back when they were all in school together. Can Grady and Laurel rekindle something they had all those years ago? And will Laurel be able to spend time with Grady when she can’t even be in the same room with his brother Mac? This complex story deals with many deep issues to include sexual assault, agoraphobia, and bullying. The author takes these tough issues and deals with them with compassion and empathy. However, the book also has some lighthearted moments and is a heartwarming read all the way through the book. The village of Middledip is full of quaint characters and is a lovely setting for the book. The author brings the village to life with her vivid descriptions of this delightful place. I highly recommend Under The Mistletoe to anyone who loves a heartwarming Christmas book and doesn’t mind a book that takes on some tough issues. I received a complimentary copy of this book. The opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.

A feel good well written romantic story. There are lots of threads to the plot, none of which are dealt with in any great depth which add interest to the story. Thank you to NetGalley and Avon Books for an advance copy of this book in exchange for a review.