Capsule

Pub Date 10 Jul 2021 | Archive Date 3 Sep 2021
Lost Island Press, Independent Book Publishers Association (IBPA), Members' Titles

Talking about this book? Use #Capsule #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Two students from Brookwood High School mysteriously go missing on the same night.

The first is Peter Moon, a heartless pescatarian who bashes students from Brookwood on his blog, turning everyone against him. The second is the adored Kat Pike, an audacious girl desperate to boost her adrenaline. Three days pass. No leads.

Indifferent to the disappearances, sixteen-year-old Jackie Mendoza remains immersed in her virtual world of video games and online friends.

When a menacing app by the name of Capsule downloads itself onto Jackie's phone, she enters a game interlaced with reality. A game threatening to erase Peter and Kat forever. Only Jackie can save them now—but Capsule is the most ruthless game she's ever played.

Mel Torrefranca delivers a heart-wrenching thriller about unlikely friendships, bittersweet memories, and a never-ending search for answers best left forgotten.

A Note From the Publisher

HARDCOVER: 9781734174557

EBOOK: 9781734174540

HARDCOVER: 9781734174557

EBOOK: 9781734174540

READER REVIEWS

"With unique characters, highly emotional and thought provoking moments, and an uncanny writing style that immediately grabs your attention, it is already my #1 new release of the year."

"I was up till 3 AM last night reading this, I just couldn't put it down."

"This felt like reading books such as One of Us is Lying, A Good Girl's Guide to Murder, and similar YA books but with SUCH a creative sci-fi twist."

"This book may be my favorite book I've ever read; it was that good."

"In all honesty this was the first book to make me cry in a while."

"Torrefranca’s writing is poetic and beautiful...I would highly recommend reading this book at some point in your life."

"I've been in a horrid book slump for the past year, and this is exactly what I needed. It only took about 3 or 4 hours to read, it was incredibly enthralling, and I couldn't put it down for a second."

"I really didn’t want it to end! It made me feel ALIVE!"

"The book had me hooked the second I started reading and I read it all in a single sitting because it is JUST THAT GOOD."

READER REVIEWS