The Maid

Pub Date 20 Jan 2022 | Archive Date 1 Mar 2022

Talking about this book? Use #TheMaid #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

POLISHED TO PERFECTION, THE HOTLY-ANTICIPATED & SUNDAY TIMES BESTSELLING DEBUT

*The instant Sunday Times Top 5 bestseller*

*The New York Times No.1 bestseller*

*One of Buzzfeed’s highly anticipated BookTok reads in 2022*

‘Delightful’GUARDIAN
‘An escapist pleasureSUNDAY TIMES
‘A true 21st century heroine’ JANICE HALLETT
‘Smart, riveting, and deliciously refreshing ’ LISA JEWELL
‘An instantly gripping and delightful whodunnit’ STYLIST

_________________________________________________________________

I am your maid.
I know about your secrets. Your dirty laundry.
But what do you know about me?

Molly the maid is all alone in the world. A nobody. She’s used to being invisible in her job at the Regency Grand Hotel, plumping pillows and wiping away the grime, dust and secrets of the guests passing through. She’s just a maid – why should anyone take notice?

But Molly is thrown into the spotlight when she discovers an infamous guest, Mr Black, very dead in his bed. This isn’t a mess that can be easily cleaned up. And as Molly becomes embroiled in the hunt for the truth, following the clues whispering in the hallways of the Regency Grand, she discovers a power she never knew was there. She’s just a maid – but what can she see that others overlook?

Escapist, charming and introducing a truly original heroine, The Maid is a story about how the truth isn’t always black and white – it’s found in the dirtier, grey areas in between . . .

*RIGHTS SOLD IN 29 TERRITORIES*

‘Gripping, deftly written, and led by a truly unforgettable protagonist in Molly. I'm recommending it to everyone I know' EMMA STONEX

‘Beautiful writing, an intriguing mystery, and a colourful cast of friends and sleuths ensure The Maid sparkles with wit and tension’ LUCY CLARKE

‘Fresh, fiendish and darkly beguiling. The Maid is so thrillingly original, and clever, and joyous. I just adored every page’ CHRIS WHITAKER

A Sunday Times No.4 bestseller for w/c 24/01/2022

A New York Times No.1 bestseller for w/c 31/01/2022

POLISHED TO PERFECTION, THE HOTLY-ANTICIPATED & SUNDAY TIMES BESTSELLING DEBUT

*The instant Sunday Times Top 5 bestseller*

*The New York...

EDITION Ebook

Send to Kindle (MOBI)

#TheMaid #NetGalley
This is phenomenal thriller.
Maid or murderer or victim? Find out in the book.
Molly the Maid is all alone in the world. A nobody. She’s used to being invisible in her job at the Regency Grand Hotel, plumping pillows and wiping away the grime, dust and secrets of the guests who pass through. She’s just a maid – why should anyone take notice? But Molly is thrown into the spotlight when she discovers an infamous guest, Mr Black, very dead in his bed. This isn’t a mess that can be easily cleaned up. And so Molly becomes embroiled in a hunt for the truth, learning who to trust as she navigates the secret underbelly of the Regency Grand Hotel.
It started slow but after two chapters, I was hooked in the story.
Excellent.
Thanks to NetGalley and Harper Collins UK Harper Fiction for giving me an advanced copy of this book.

Ooh I absolutely loved this! Molly Maid is an old soul in a young persons body and I kept forgetting that she was only mid twenties. Due to the influence of her gran, she's quirky, and a bit lonely- she sort of reminded me of Elinor Oliphant but less tragic.
Very polite, and very very clean she gets embroiled at a scandal at the hotel and events unfold.
Love the names of the book- felt very Cluedo with Mr Black and Miss Grey. Also the minor characters are fab too.
Also a small pancreatic cancer storyline which is not in books enough in my opinion. (Not a spoiler as this is early on.)
Couldn't put this down, very addictive.
Definitely a hit for me. And Columbo references, what more could you need?
Clever, witty, everything you want in one book.

I couldn't wait to read this intense and intriguing thriller. It is such a original plot about Molly the maid. You wouldn't expect a story about a maid to be thrilling but it really is. Molly is invisible to most people while she cleans the rooms and dusts, she can be as quiet as a mouse and hear and see everything and anything. When one of the guests is found dead, Molly is on the hunt to find out the truth of what happened to the guest, as she steps into the limelight this is her big entrance. I found I just wanted to keep reading and was sad when it came to the end as it was just so good I want to read it all over again incase I missed out of anything. It shows you how everyone deserves to be seen whatever job they do. I thought it was a well thought out and researched plot and having the main characters job as a maid certainly hit the nail on the head as I haven't read a book before with a maid being the main character. A very good story, one I think will be turned into a film and I just can't wait.