Utterly Dark and the Face of the Deep

Pub Date 2 Sep 2021 | Archive Date Not set

Talking about this book? Use #UtterlyDarkandtheFaceoftheDeep #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

‘Utterly,’ the waves were whispering. ‘Utterly. . . ‘

Utterly Dark is a foundling, washed up on the shores of the Autumn Isles and taken in by Andrewe Dark, the mysterious Watcher of Wildsea. When her guardian walks into the ocean one day and drowns, Utterly is thrust into the role of Watcher… can she keep the island safe from the threat of the terrifying Gorm?

Unforeseen mysteries lie beneath the ocean’s surface. Adventure beckons, and Utterly will unearth astonishing secrets about the sea, her parents and life itself. Wildsea will never be the same again…

As the entrancing, unfathomable power of the sea fills Utterly Dark’s dreams, so it will seep into your heart as you read this thrilling, magical story.

‘Utterly,’ the waves were whispering. ‘Utterly. . . ‘

‘An absorbing, brilliant book. A glorious read. I loved my journey to Wildsea.’ Lisa Thompson (The Goldfish Boy)

'Absolutely extraordinary writing, like Charles Dickens writing Ursula K Le Guin... I can't think of anyone who does worldbuilding the way Philip Reeve does.' Ross Montgomery (The Midnight Guardians)...