Dogs

Understanding Your Very Best Friend

Pub Date 7 Oct 2021 | Archive Date 30 Sep 2021

Talking about this book? Use #Dogs #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Learn about the secret life of dogs from pet expert Dr John Bradshaw.

Join Rusty, the terrier, as he goes about his day with his family. Discover how Rusty sees and mostly smells the world around him. Rusty uses his amazing nose to recognise his friends – human and dog! – it tells him where to find something tasty to eat and how to get back to his owner.

Find out how Rusty’s family make him feel loved and safe, when he meets new people and other dogs, or is left at home alone.

After a day with Rusty, you’ll know exactly how to be your dog’s best friend.

Learn about the secret life of dogs from pet expert Dr John Bradshaw.

Send To Kindle (MOBI)

Insightful, informative and entertaining. Perfect for children to share or read alone (I’m sure some reluctant readers who struggle with fiction will embrace this fun, scientifically based fact book). Great to encourage children’s understanding of dogs and their needs, in fact lots of tips for the whole family to benefit.

I had never had a dog until I moved out of my parents home, and this book would have been helpful for me. Any child wanting a dog should have to read this book. It explains life from the dogs view really well - including the fact that they live in a "World of Smells". The dog in this story was adopted from a rescue centre and the book covers the fact that these dogs may not have had the best start in life, but that Rescue Centres give really good advice. Children will learn about dogs, and how to train them in a way that is funny and informative. The discussion about whether to buy or adopt is also important and is covered by this book.