You Again?

Pub Date 17 Aug 2021 | Archive Date 31 Aug 2021
Amazon Publishing UK, Lake Union Publishing

Talking about this book? Use #YouAgain #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

From the bestselling author of Dumped, Actually comes a hilarious, heartfelt story about marriage, divorce and what the hell happens next.

Amy and Joel’s honeymoon in the Maldives was the perfect week of love, sun, sex and a free minibar…but unfortunately, it was also the high point of a marriage that quickly descended into an absolute disaster zone.

Eight years on, they’re back in paradise, trying to recreate the magic with new partners. What a crying shame they’ve picked the same week to do it…

Trapped together on an island small enough to spit across with the wind behind you, Amy and Joel pick up right where they left off: at total loggerheads. And so begins a hideous week of rivalry, one-upmanship and score-settling—as each tries to prove they’ve now comprehensively won at life.

The thing is, hurt and pain are strongest where there was once love. And what if being back in this island paradise, with all its wonderful memories, sets sparks flying in more ways than one?

Amy and Joel’s honeymoon in the Maldives was the perfect week...

A Note From the Publisher

Nick Spalding is the bestselling author of sixteen novels, two novellas and two memoirs. Nick worked in media and marketing for most of his life before turning his energy to his genre-spanning humorous writing. He lives in the south of England with his wife.

ISBN 9781542032087

Send To Kindle (MOBI)

This book was not my favorite. Having read and enjoyed enemies-to-lovers and even lovers-to-enemies-to-lovers, I was very disappointed by this book. To be completely fair, I did not finish it. That being said, I read 60% of the book and just didn’t enjoy it at all. Joel and Amy were both so petty but in a vicious way that didn’t make their “pranks” funny. I didn’t like any of the characters either.

A funny story about an ex couple who happens to be in Malvides the same time with their new partners . After two years of their divorce they meet again . They both hate each other and at the end we discover the real reason for their divorce . They see they both been wrong and realise that they will start again as friends . I received this book from net galley and the publisher as an ARC. Thank you! All thoughts and opinions are my own.

You Again? tells the story of a divorced couple still very bitter two years after the split who end up going to the same vacation spot with their new partners. You think this will be a book about recaptured love and it is after a fashion, just not at all predictable. The book is humorous as the two exes keep trying to escape seeing one another or become intent on revenge. It’s also quite revealing and somewhat angsty as the plot advances toward an unexpected conclusion. This new to me British author does a fine job keeping readers engaged and entertained. I voluntarily reviewed an advance copy of this book from NetGalley. Highly recommend.

What a fun and surprising read. I enjoyed the setting and I am sure this is the closest I will ever get to a resort in the Maldives. So that was fun. I think the biggest surprise was how much I laughed out loud.( sometimes uncontrollably. The situations Joel and Amy found themselves in were hilarious. My favorite character was Joel with his self deprecating humor. Now, I must say I was expecting a typical rom-com and this wasn’t that. But there was plenty of comedy and a happy ending, The ending seemed a bit abrupt but I was happy with how everything turned out. Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for the ARC.

You Again? By Nick Spalding Published: August 17, 2021 Lake Union Publishing I received a copy of this book for free, and I leave my review voluntarily. Nick Spalding is the bestselling author of fifteen novels, two novellas, and two memoirs. Nick worked in media and marketing for most of his life before turning his energy to his genre-spanning humorous writing. He lives in the south of England with his wife. “I bet reef sharks don’t have to worry about this kind of stuff.” Joel is excited to be going on vacation with his girlfriend, Cara, to an island in the Maldives. As they are waiting to print their luggage tags, Joel catches a glimpse of his ex-wife and a man. Mild panic takes over, but they wouldn’t be going to the same vacation destination- right? Joel and Amy come face to face as they are boarding their plane to the Maldives for the first time in two years. Now they have the next eleven hours sitting on the same flight, in the same row, to marinate in what went wrong between them. Anger, frustration, and witty humor are about to arrive for an all-inclusive vacation. I applied for this arc on Netgalley because there were sharks on the cover. I had never read Nick Spalding before, and the blurb sounded interesting, so I applied for it and was approved. I am so glad. I enjoyed this book so much. There were several scenes that had me literally laughing out loud. Spalding did such a brilliant job writing from two perspectives, and he infused so much humor throughout, I could not put the book down. The characters are so charming. I appreciate it when an author creates characters that are very human. Their flaws, insecurities, and internal dialogue reflect the thoughts and feelings we actually have. Joel was such a fun character. A tad neurotic, insecure, and infallibly funny- he captivated your heart from the first page. Amy was so fierce, bold, and passionate. She was also stubborn, angry, and outspoken. Ray was such a voice of reason in a span of chaos. Cara appeared to be doting and highly compassionate, but she had issues of her own. The resort was stunning; the descriptions of the island were so vibrant and lifelike it was easy to visualize paradise. You almost feel the warm, salty breeze on your face. There is so much wit, sass, humor, and shenanigans in this novel. But it is so much deeper than a romantic comedy. There is so much heart packed within this story. The realization of the complexity of relationships is so defined. Everything about this story is a win. I strongly recommend giving this book a read. You will laugh, scoff, get angry, and swoon. This novel is charming, funny, and a breath of fresh air. Original and emotional, the complications are so relevant. This story is so refreshing and an absolute must-read!

I found myself laughing (as well as cringing) along with Amy, Ray, Joel and Cara. Their escapades on a tropical getaway keep you entertained. Although I suspected a pertinent aspect to the story, not relayed until much later, I totally enjoyed reading this book and will definitely recommend it. Thank you Nick Spalding, Amazon Publishing UK and NetGalley for allowing me an advance copy for my honest feedback.

Fun yet insightful story that deals with the animosity that once-married Joel and Amy have for each other. They find themselves heading for the same vacation destination in Maldives that they visited before, but this time, each one is with someone else. Both of them do things to sabotage the other’s trip but eventually find out that they really aren’t the enemies they thought they were. More humorous than heavy, I found myself rooting for both of them!

Ex’s on the same vacation sounds like a nightmare, and in a way, for Amy & Joel both, this was definitely the case. Things I enjoyed included the hijinks they both got up to. These had me laughing quite a bit. I really enjoyed Ray’s character. Things I didn’t enjoy included the other characters. Each of them came off a little petty and it made it hard to like. By the time any of them showed any redemption, it was a little too late for me. I did enjoy the story, and I really didn’t see the twist coming.

5 stars! Omg! I loved Ray so much. He is hands down my favorite character in this novel. The guy is too good to be true. And, I'm so happy the book ended the way it is. The ending was absolutely perfect. This book made me laugh so much. I loved the setting. I've never been to Maldives, but I do plan to visit it. The pranks were stupid indeed, but at the same time I enjoyed it so much. I loved the writing style of this author and finished the book in one sitting. Lastly, though I feel bad for Joel. Not gonna lie, the guy was kinda dumb and I didn't like him at the beginning heck even in the middle, but at the end when things were revealed I truly felt sorry for him. Overall, I loved this book. I've never read this author before, but now I will definitely check out the author's other works.

I'll start by saying that I've never read a romance book from a man's perspective before. This was a lot of fun. Joel Sinclair and Amy Caddick are both headed to the Maldives for a week of sunsets, Sin Cities, blue waters, and relaxation. But they're not together. They used to be, but now they're not. However, they are on the same holiday, and the two exes are not having it. At all. I really liked the alternating POVs here between Joel and Amy. Seeing their present, and the events in the past that led to their divorce through their eyes was interesting, and made me care more about the two of them as characters. At the beginning they both seem unlikeable, but as I got deeper into the story, I began to understand who they were, and appreciated their growth more. What I loved best in this story was the ending, which I won't spoil here, but I will say that it's very satisfying for any reader who loves a bit of romance but is also grounded in reality. I highly recommend this for summer reading, as a beach read, as a comfort book, or just as a book to read in between heavier stuff. I give this 4 stars. Thank you for the digital copy, NetGalley, Lake Union Publishing, and Amazon Publishing UK!

It was a cute story. Characters development is hit and miss. Joel and Cara's characters never developed. He and Cara are immature for their age. The story is predictable. It was an easy read. Thank you to Amazon Publishing UK and NetGalley for letting me read this ARC in exchange for an honest review.

I enjoyed reading this book. I thought the characters were well developed and the plot moved at a pace that felt appropriate. I would like to read other books by this author in the future.

Thank you Amazon Publishing UK and NetGalley for this cute new ebook. You Again? By Nick was a relaxing, enjoyable, cute story. I liked how this book made me laugh. The writing flowed great. These characters were such a great group. If you're looking for a book to escape into this is it. Again thank you again for the opportunity to dive into book.

This was my first book by Nick Spalding and I am so happy to see he has a large collection of other titles for me to also enjoy. His humor throughout the story made this a fast and enjoyable read. Will definitely pick up more books by Nick.

"You Again?" a new read by Nick Spalding a new author to this reader. What do you get when ex's meet up on vacation at the same resort in Maldives where they honeymooned in marriage...disaster or is it?. I thought this story was funny and comical. It was a quick read for me and as mentioned found myself smiling and laughing out loud throughout the story. However, I thought slow going in the beginning as it took me some time to get by the angst between Amy and Joel but chalked it up to laying out the background of how they got to where they were as a divorced couple. Way too funny. This was a true rom-com and not the typical I've been used to reading. The situations the main characters and subs found themselves in were hilarious and adventuresome. I really enjoyed Ray's character and memorable, but didn't particularly like Cara's pettiness as she didn't stick out....close to invisible. I love happy endings and enjoyed how this one turned out although the ending was a bit unexpected for how endings go. Nice comfy read and highly recommend. Thank you NetGalley and Amazon Publishing UK for this ARC in exchange for my fair and honest review. All opinions are my own.

" You Again?" by Nick Spaulding is a smoothly written tale of two couples mixed up on vacation together. Lots of ribald humor and potty references for laughs. A romp through what it means to be in close quarters with someone you really dislike.

I really enjoyed some of Nick Spalding’s previous novels but I just didn’t get into this in the same way. It’s a good premise with estranged divorced couple Joel and Amy both ending up on holiday at the same destination with their new partners and there’s plenty of humour in it however I just didn’t like the characters somehow. If you want an easygoing read it’s great and I think plenty will have no issue with the characters it’s just a personal thing.

I so wanted to enjoy this story, but I found the characters to be petty to the point that I didn't enjoy their jokes or anything. They acted like they hated each other so much but their hate was like children playing pranks on a playground. This just was not for me.

I loved this book. I laughed through so much of it and it was well written and I could actually see all of these things being played out. Great book. Joel and his girlfriend Cara aka bosses granddaughter and 10 years younger are heading out for a holiday to Maldives. Joel has been stressed out at work and so looking forward to this holiday. Joel hasn't been back to Maldives for 6 years when he was there for his honeymoon. Amy and Ray are also on there way to Maldives for a holiday. Amy hasn't been in 6 years and Ray has never been. They are engaged and work together. Amy is high maintenance and Ray is just an all around nice guy. Unbeknownst to each other Joel and Amy, now divorced are heading to the exact same place that they honeymooned but have spent the past 2 years hating one another. The hostility and craziness runs rampant between the 2 couples.

Amy and Joel had the perfect honeymoon. It was everything you'd want out of honeymoon but that was where their marriage peaked. They didn't make it after that, they could never capture the magic of that trip again. Eight years later they are back on the island chasing that magic with new partners at the same time! This book has a great plot, and setting. I really enjoyed reading it for the most part but I had a problem connecting with the characters. I didn't really enjoy them and found them to be a bit immature. Overall, it's a fun, sweet and quick read!

A Great book about an Ex couple that meets up again unique story with great thought out characters. However this is not my favorite Nick Spalding

I have a strange relationship with this authors books, I either love them or don’t BUT always just HAVE to read the next one I see by him because even the ones I don’t love I kinda like And this is funny, it didn’t have me cackling with mirth but it did have me smiling pretty much all the way through it, his matey style of writing really worked in this one and the situations the divorced couple found themselves in when both turned up with their new partners at the airport for the same flight to the same place were unimaginably yet imaginably horrific He also pulled off an emotive slant as well that worked and showed a real human side to all involved, well most but will leave that there So if you want to relax in the Maldives, have fun and a few, well a lot of grimaces and keep thinking ‘thank goodness that’s not me’ and occasionally be irritated by it all but ultimately feel better for reading something, this is for you 9/10 5 Stars

I really wanted to like this since it was recommended to me on Netgalley, however this was a miss. It had some strong elements like strong characters and a good story, but the dialogue was not great and the ending. Just not for me and just ok. Disappointing. Still recommended. Thanks to Netgalley, Nick Spalding and Amazon Publishing UK for an ARC in exchange for an honest review. Available: 8/17/21

Joel and Amy honeymooned in the Maldives and now, years after their divorce, they're back with their new partners Cara and Ray. You know this isn't going to go well, The story switches between past and present to tell the story of how they fell in love and then fell apart and how they deal with each other now. To be honest, their problem was not that big but it's only with perspective that they realize it. Unfortunately for Cara and Ray, they make the present day week in the sun less than fun, at least for. a while. This is a lovers to enemies to friends novel- quite trope=y in spots- in a terrific setting. Thanks to netgalley for the ARC. There are a few LOL spots and a few cringeworthy moments.

This was my first Nick Spaulding, and having heard great things was super excited. Unfortunately, I wasn’t a fan. Don’t get me wrong the characters are great, it’s well written if not a bit predictable, and Joel and Amy’s entire situation is equal parts cringe & hilarious, but it just didn’t click for me.

I thought it was a bit odd that I hadn't discovered Nick Spalding before as I'm a sucker for humorous prose, the author delivering that and much more besides. And for the joy of raucous laughter, it was either pinching myself or finding another place to read where I wouldn't disturb my folk. I have to mention the book cover, too. I'm not that keen on the graphic art look, but the bold font, bright colours and fitting illustration are easy on the eye. The story's premise is strong, if not preposterous; however, I’m a staunch believer in coincidences. And no pun intended, but when fate comes out to play the funniest trick on Amy Caddick and Joel Sinclair, they don’t know where to put themselves. I mean, who would ever expect to bump into your ex on the same plane destined to go to the same idyllic island where you’d spent your honeymoon years back! So, the fun begins! The one-liners and quick-witted comebacks that go beyond sarcasm are cleverly thought-out; nonetheless, Joel and Amy’s intrusive thoughts felt a tad repetitive. But what I liked one helluva of a lot was observing them cope with the now. And the author’s masterful show-don’t-tell-all technique not only kept me on my toes but also had me wondering how the story would pan out. I didn’t connect to Amy straightaway. She came across as bloody-minded, vengeful and to be quite honest, some of her actions angered me. But my opinion of her slowly changed as I got more into the book. Joel’s a likeable chap and doesn’t sit on his laurels either. I adored Ray, the calming force in a storm of animosity and Amy’s love interest. In contrast, Joe’s girlfriend, Cara, didn’t knock the socks off me. I’m very partial to present-tense narratives combined with dual perspectives, the author hitting the mark. And I have to say that his descriptive writing and play with words was inch-perfect. Although the unexpected twist was a pleasant surprise, the ending felt a little sudden for my liking. That said, You Again? is an enjoyable summer read that I would hesitate to recommend. Bravo, Spalding! ARC kindly received from Lake Union Publishing via NetGalley for an honest review.

Received an ARC from Netgalley for an honest opinion. Well that was a total hoot! I really enjoyed this one, the characters were a blast. There were some boggy bits in the middle that made it a little slow, but once you get past those and you get to the final chapter it all makes up for it. If you get a chance, give this one a read, you'll laugh your butt off.

Thank you so much for this arc. A perfect holiday read, this setting had me longing to be in the Maldives, or anywhere hot and by the sea with free drink on tap! Joel and Amy have been divorced for 2 years when coincidence sees them revisiting their honeymoon destination with their new partners. A series of funny events and paybacks occur which had me giggling aloud. I will say I preferred Amy to Joel throughout and did get a little irritated by his behaviour at times, but the ending was satisfying and I very much enjoyed this read. Recommend for an easy summer read.

A quick, hilarious and fun rom-com. The scenarios in which the main protagonists and subs found themselves were amusing and exciting. Ray's character was distinctive, but I didn't care for Cara's pettiness since she didn't stand out....she was almost invisible. I adore happy endings and was pleased with how this one ended out, even if the ending was a little surprising in terms of endings. It's a nice, relaxing book that I strongly suggest.

This book was provided to me via Kindle by Amazon Publishing, UK and #NetGalley for my honest opinion. You Again by Nick Spalding was an enjoyable, funny, love you hate you love you story.

I laughed my way through this breezy summer read. Joel and Amy, ex-spouses ,and their significant others, find themselves together at the secluded beach resort where Amy and Joel honeymooned, six years before. Their sophomoric antics to make each other miserable are hilarious. Potty humor abounds. The underlying theme of acceptance and new beginnings is a sweet bonus to this “ rollicking read”.

Not my favourite Nick Spalding, but still a laugh out loud, hilarious book, with greatly thought out characters and an engaging story. I'm a sucker for a good present tense narrative, and Spalding's is definetly top notch. I found the dialogues, though great fun, a bit repetitive. All in all a very pleasant read, that I would certainly recommend, but also have a look at other titles by the same author, because I'm sure they won't disappoint. Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for providing me with an arc in exchange for an honest review.

After a bitter divorce Ex Husband and Ex Wife, Joel and Amy, and their new partners, Cara and Ray, somehow all find themselves on the same small island vacation at the same time. Ex’s Joel and Amy immediately start trying to one up each other consisting of several pranks played against each other. Yes there were some funny moments, but I wasn’t sure if I should be laughing or feel slightly horrified at what they were doing to each other, lol. It was all a little too immature and childish for me honestly. The Author then throws in a major plot twist. It goes from a lighthearted story with immature pranks intended to make you laugh to a very intense drama. The plot twist was okay, but by this point my opinion was already formed on these characters and it was impossible to make the shift midway to start really relating to them in any way. I really didn’t like any of them particularly much. After I finished the book I walked away feeling sorry for all of them and feeling pity for them, especially Joel. This was not what I was expecting. The characters lacked development and immaturity to make the ending impactful enough for me. ✨Thank you to @netgalley and @amazonpublish for this ARC in exchange for my honest review.✨

It was an offer they could not let go by: one week on the Maldives for an unbeatable price, the perfect island for a couple. Joel has been there before, for the honeymoon with his ex-wife Amy, but now he is with Cara and wants to relive the happy time on the sandy beach. Yet, when they arrive at the airport, he spots Amy with her new boyfriend Ray. This can only be a coincidence. But it isn’t. Amy, too, has seen the offer and wanted to go there again. Thus, the two of them find each other on the same plane heading to the same destination after two years of hateful ignorance. Trapped on a small island, they cannot get out of each other’s way and therefore, quite some complicated days lie ahead of the former couple. Nick Spalding’s novel fulfilled all my expectations of a hilariously funny summer read: a great surrounding with beautiful nature, characters who easy fall prey to their own shortcomings and over and over again find themselves victim of their own doings - but in a comical and not too hurtful way. Even though it is clear from the start what is going to happen, I enjoyed following the alternating accounts of Joel and Amy offering their respective views which are filled with unattended to emotions. Underneath the hatred, you sense that there is still something that binds them and that makes them matter to each other. If it wasn’t, they could easily ignore the ex-partner. Both of them are totally predictable and too much caught in their maelstrom of negative emotions to stand above what happened in the past. Yet, just the fact that they know each other so well allows them to play really foul tricks. It is totally hilarious to see how they get worked up in trying to outplay each other. A light and entertaining read, perfect for the summer holiday on the beach.

I really wanted to love You Again? but it just fell flat for me. None of the characters were likable, and none of their interactions with one another were humorous. Everything felt a little childish and unbelievable.

While I am a big fan of the enemies-to-lovers and lovers-to-enemies tropes, this one was not for me. I found the characters to be somewhat immature and mostly petty, making the antics they got up to seem... well spiteful more than anything else. There were parts of the book I did enjoy. First of all, this is not your average romance book, it's really more humorous than that. Secondly, while the characters were not really for me, Ray's character brings a morsel of hope to this read. I loved his good-naturedness and his voice of reason. The descriptions of the island made me want to hop on the first plane to a tropical island and I will say I did not expect the twist (which is rare). While not for me, I can see a lot of people loving this book. If you are looking for a breezy romance read, enjoy a beach/island holiday setting with two characters trying their utmost to avoid/hamper one another and like a happy ending... this might well be yours to enjoy.

You Again? follows divorced Amy and Joel on a trip to the Maldives with their current partners. What luck that they are travelling to the exact same place at the same time! Needless to say, emotions run high as the couples are constantly thrown together and unresolved issues are brought to the surface. You Again? is a good book for one main reason: it is laugh out loud funny. Seriously, the antics that Amy and Joel get caught up in are ridiculous and hilarious to read. I enjoyed reading the backstory in Amy and Joel's marriage, and had the will they or won't they feelings throughout the book. And I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in finding Ray to be such a lovable character (and in not loving Cara so much). You Again? is a good pick for readers looking for travel fiction with some heavy handed humor. Thanks to Netgalley and Amazon Publishing UK for this ARC; this is my honest and voluntary review.

Nick Spalding remains truly funny and I will forever devour his book. You Again was a fun rom-com but centered around a divorced couple who decide to go on Vacation at the same place *gasp* but with different partners. They both have moved on right!? They can't possibly still harbour feelings towards each other right? Well you have to read it to find out. Not only did this book make me want to go to Maldives asap *long sighhh* ,I never want to be this unfortunate couple who got the short end of the stick. It was an enjoyable read although Joel does have moments he will drive you nuts. The plot was great and the story fast moving. A huge thanks to Amazon Publishing and NetGalley for my e-ARC in exchange for an honest review.

I love Nick Spalding's books and always await them eagerly. One of the many things I like about him is that he writes just as well from a female perspective as a male one, and while his most recent book was narrated entirely from a woman's point of view, I really enjoy his 'alternating' style in books such as Dry Hard, Fat Chance and the ...From Both Sides series, which covers the misadventures of Jamie and Laura Newman. I'm very fond of the accident-prone Newmans, so this book was very much up my street and I looked forward to reading about divorced couple Amy and Joel who find themselves on the same luxury all-inclusive holiday in the Maldives. I originally thought this was going to be a Private Lives-style plot in which romance is rekindled between an ex-wife and ex-husband, and while the book looked as though it was going in that direction for a while, I realised about two thirds of the way through that Amy's new man, Ray (the Pierce Brosnan to Jamie's Robin Williams) was much better for her, and I didn't want them to split up. No more spoilers, but the conclusion was satisfying for everyone (with the caveat that I could see what was up with Jamie's new girlfriend from miles off) and results in another sweary, exclamation-mark-filled beach read. I also appreciate Nick Spalding's emotional intelligence - a tough balancing act to pull off, particularly when your characters fall over, collide with large objects and soil themselves quite as often as his do.

Two couples are off to vacation at a resort in the Maldives. Two of the people used to be married and honeymooned there. Now they're back with other people trying to recreate the magic.

****The ARC copy of this book was provided by NetGalley and Amazon Publishing UK in exchange of an honest review**** Joel, the ex-husband's monologue was hilarious. But boy the man was a dumb idiot. Anyway, I felt bad for him at the end. Ray. Swoon! I mean who wouldn't want a guy like that. My first time reading from this author. It was not bad actually. I enjoyed it. The writing was entertaining as well. Overall, it was a good book.

Not for me, too over the top annoying. The first 12% of the book behind me, yet I wonder why I read that far. A couple is at the airport about to leave for a romantic weekend when he spots his ex and behaves like an idiot. Seriously, beyond dumb, so I will read no further. Thank you NetGalley for an advance reader copy in exchange for an honest opinion.

I adore Nick Spalding's novels as they are hilarious and snarky. This one didn't disappoint as the premise is two exes coincidentally meet again when they are with their new loves--on the way to a week's vacation in the Maldives. Joel and Cara are off to a luxury tropical vacation as are Ray and Amy, but there's so much bad blood between Joel and Amy that things get off to a bad start when they can't seem to get away from each other! I love how Spalding can write from both a man and a woman's perspective with such humor (and I have to remind myself not to sit next to my husband while I'm reading as I usually laugh out loud)! Spalding's books also carry a message; in this case it's about love and marriage, blame, deceit, and ultimately redemption. Really, he's worth reading!

Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for providing me an ARC of this book; I appreciate it. You Again? was a quick read with a lot of moments that made me laugh. However, the immaturity and pettiness of 3 of the 4 main characters were quite annoying to me and took away from the story. The descriptions of the resort, sunsets and ocean were quite vivid (and made me want to go on vacation!). The dual POV added a lot and the ending was satisfying and a bit unexpected. Overall, 3.5 stars.

Nick Spalding returns with another laugh out loud, light hearted summer read. The book’s premise is based on a man taking his new girlfriend on a romantic holiday to the Maldives, only to discover that his ex-wife and new fiancé are also in the same break. As ever, his witty episodes shine through as the characters interact in some unlikely scenarios. I loved the story, it was an easy read (one sitting!) as I read on to find out what would happen next. It’s definitely one to be read on a hot beach, you can almost smell the sun cream. in fact I’ve just googled Maldives holidays! (I wish…) Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for the ARC in exchange for my honest review.

The story of exes who find themselves and their current partners on the same vacation. I read the story while on vacation myself and found myself laughing out loud more than once. Really clever and fun read.

Joel is set for a romantic vacation in Maldives with his new girlfriend, returning to the same place where he has memories of his honeymoon. But what is his ex-wife doing in the airport? And why is she in the plane with her new fiancé? Is it possible that she also decided to return to their honeymoon spot with her new fiancé? This starts a hilarious page turner of ex- against ex- as hijinks ensue at the resort. On such a small island there is no place to escape each other, or the guerrilla warfare that only someone who knows and loves you can dish out. And this former couple plays dirty! As hurt and anger start to fly, so do the sparks. Is it possible for them to rekindle their past romance? Or are there things in the past that are impossible to get over? I absolutely enjoyed this fun page turner, and finished it in 2 days. At 80% read, I couldn’t put it down—I had to see what happened next! It was such a fun read. Definitely one to pick up!

I had high hopes for this book and, while parts were hilarious and quite enjoyable, there were some parts that made me cringe. I immediately hated the main characters Amy and Joel, particularly Amy. Through the whole story, I adored Ray and thought he was was charming and sweet. Amy and Joel grew on me and I like how they reconciled they’re past. I couldn’t get a good read on Cara until the very end, I loved the setting and my favorite scene was as the movie scene…I laughed out loud for that whole part. It was super petty but SO funny! Overall it’s a decent abs quick read. Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for an advanced copy in exchange for an honest review.

I was disappointed in this one. From the blurb and cover I expected a light-hearted, funny, snarky divorce story. I was looking for laughs and revenge pranks and pratfalls but what I got instead felt like a rumination on all the things that go wrong in a relationship and how divorce can compound them into an ever more bitter stew with time and distance. It mostly just felt sad and the characters felt lost in their bitterness in a way that was difficult to read. I couldn't sympathize or empathize with either of them - or either of their new partners - and found everybody distasteful and childish and over-dramatically convinced that their own pain and drama were the only experiences in the world worth noting... It was not enjoyable to read or particularly entertaining and I couldn't finish as a result.

What an absolutely hilarious book. I laughed out loud the whole way though as Nick tells the story of arch enemies and divorcees Amy and Joel. The book is written in such a witty way, it is easy for the reader to picture the events as they happen. It really is side splitting. I have recommended this to a few friends long before I finished it. Fantastic read...... Highly highly recommended. Therapy in book form. Loved it.

Very well written, intriguing story. Seems petty at times, but who hasn’t ended a ‘bad’ relationship and wasn’t petty? Weird turn of events that just keep getting weirder and stranger. Unexpected (?) ending, not sure, you tell me. I would love to go to the Maldives, though. The descriptions are entrancing and made me envious.

The premise of You Again? by Nick Spalding is amazing, a divorce couple unexpectedly stuck on a luxurious island with their new partners, but something just doesn't quite work for me. Amy and Joel are both deplorable characters, their behaviour is immature and their lingering argument about a calendar mix up is ridiculous. They do redeem themselves, but it is too little, too late by that point. Ray was the only saving grace, someone with an ounce of common sense! The plot is predictable but makes up for it by being funny with some hilariously cringe-worthy moments. Not my favourite ever read, but lighthearted and easy to power through by the pool or at the beach in a couple of hours. Thank you to Netgalley and Amazon for my advance copy in exchange for my honest review