The Hood

Pub Date 14 Oct 2021 | Archive Date 31 Oct 2021
Head of Zeus, Head of Zeus -- an AdAstra Book

Talking about this book? Use #TheHood #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

The Hood is the second book in Lavie Tidhar's ambitious Anti-Matter of Britain Quartet – a viscerally entertaining, ominously subversive and poetically profane remixing of the myths and legends that shaped our nation.

God bless you, England, on this glorious Year of Our Lord, 1145.

Don't cross the Templars. Everybody knows that. But Will Scarlet, back from the crusades, hopped up on khat and cider, did. Stabbed thrice in the belly but somehow still alive, he's heading home to Nottingham.

And things are not right in Nottingham.

It's the wood, you see. Sherwood. Ice-age ancient, impenetrable, hiding a dark and secret heart. As the ancient sages say, If you go into the woods today, you may not come out tomorrow, and the person who comes out may not be you...

The Hood is Lavie Tidhar's narcotic remix of an ancient English myth, a tale knotted from legends lost to time, shredded and restitched for each passing century. A tale for today.

'A wild, inventive tapestry of myth and magic, with a wry sense of humor. Tidhar's writing is wonderfully vibrant' Silvia Moreno-Garcia, bestselling author of Mexican Gothic

Send To Kindle (MOBI)

Subversive and profane ? I would rather say that the author uses his talent (and he really does have talent) to release an imagination I would dearly love to possess, I can see some purists being upset by this book, personally I loved it, more please