Pink and Country

Book 1

Pub Date 1 Jun 2021 | Archive Date 2 Oct 2021

Talking about this book? Use #PinkandCountry #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

An Angsty and Emotional Drama Romance.

I thought hiding in the mountains, far from the spotlight, would do me good.

The moment I catch sight of the woman living next door, I can’t push her out of my mind.

With her pink hair and sassy attitude, she’s the perfect distraction.

And she has no idea who I am. This just makes the chase even more interesting.

No matter how irresistible she is, I won’t fall for her. I promised myself I wouldn’t put my heart out there ever again.

It’s been crushed enough already. Been there. Done that.

But April Simmons is my kryptonite.

How will I get closer without risking another heartbreak?

If you like Mariana Zapata or Mia Sheridan, you'll love Emmanuelle Snow's Pink and Country.

Grab your FREE copy of Carter, the introduction book to the series available on all major retailers.

*All books in the series are STANDALONE NOVELS that can be read in any order. For a better experience, read in the suggested order

*Due to mature subject, only suitable for people over 18 years of age.

An Angsty and Emotional Drama Romance.

I thought hiding in the mountains, far from the spotlight, would do me...

"Give me all the angst." Tanja (OMGReads blog)

"A little bit of Country and a whole lot of HOT. Angsty, fun, romance." Gina (Gina Rae Mitchell blog)

"It is absolutely brilliant. The emotions, the banter, the love, the chemistry - it all just works!!" Shalini G (Shalini's Books and Reviews)

"This book had so much heat and sizzle that I am surprised my kindle didn't melt." Carla (Carla Loves to Read blog)

"Emmanuelle delivered what she promised. A love story with sass and steam. And a rollercoaster of emotion." Jacynthe

"This story had just the right mix of angst, sweetness and heat." Nina (The Cozy Pages blog)

"Pink and Country really did make my world pink while I'm reading it." Lili (Lili's Blissful Pages blog)

"Love this book! Love how the author builds an unpredictable aura of romantic and sensual tension between the character." Catou

"Blushing pink!" Farshana SA (Rain'n Books blog)

"I loved Pink and Country. I can’t really give you anything negative because I loved every minute of it." Jessica (Jessica Belmont blog)

"This was a wonderfully complex, powerful and deeply romantic book with leads perfectly crafted, flaws and gifts and all. A totally believable fantasy that sucked me in, emotionally drained me, and kept me addictively engaged through to its HEA." The Mysterious Reader

"A series of wonderfully crafted scenes brings this book alive." Deb

"I love that the chemistry was pretty immediate, but the romance was built up and slightly drawn out. It made me feel like it was a realistic time line while also being fast enough to keep me drawn in." Marissa

"I really enjoyed Pink and Country! I laughed and cried so much during this book. I haven’t enjoyed a book like this in a while. Carter’s progress in character had me falling for him." Miriam

"Carter is a book boyfriend for the ages! Hot and sweet with dirty talking alpha essence! A winner!!" Cristina

"Give me all the angst." Tanja (OMGReads blog)

"It is absolutely brilliant. The emotions, the...

Links

Send To Kindle (MOBI)

Pink and Country is a beautiful, eloquently written, tender story about love lost and love redeemed. This is the story of April and Carter.Two flawed but believable characters that really, really got to me. If you want to read something dramatic that pulls at your heart strings, then you should pick up Pink and Country. ARC kindly provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

what a delightful read. I really enjoyed this. Carter and April were so good together. I really liked both of them, with their complexities and vulnerabilities. and I couldn't give this one 5 stars because I did have some minor issues with it, but it doesn't take from my love of this book!

A great plot, told well with some twists and turns as April and Carter work out what they mean to each other and whether they can fit into each other’s worlds. Spoiler alert - they don’t think it’ll be easy! The tale goes on with a few extra twists that don’t necessarily add a lot to the book, a few extra arguments and a few extra events that don’t develop our couple or the story. Each protagonist gets a voice which is a good way to get the emotion across, however there are small jumps in time as some events are told twice from each point of view - this came across a little clunky sometimes.

This one ended up being quite a long book. A few times I thought it could have been wound up nicely but then something else happened. I wondered if this could have made an interesting sequel or series as there was enough happening. I enjoyed the relationship between Carter and April but I wasn't a fan of the continuing use of HN or similar. It seemed a little juvenile and became irritating, Fairy was fine - and I did notice the use of Carter's name before he had been introduced but it may have been corrected in the final version. In all lots of angst between these two characters. Very little writing on April's part for a person so bent on writing. It was as if she became subsumed into Carter's world pretty quickly despite her assertions she didn't want this to happen. And the writing whereas it didn't really start off as being significant, didn't play a role in most of the book. Thank you to netgalley and the publisher for an opportunity to read this book. 3.5 to 4 stars

Sweet, spicy and full of angst! Carter and April are both victims of their troubled pasts. Instead of facing their problems head on, they have both pushed everything to the side and tried to get on with their lives. Just when they both realise something has to give, their lives are tangled together when they both spend time at a secluded mountain resort. The connection and chemistry between the two was instant! You could feel the sizzle of attraction immediately, and their need for one another quickly becomes all consuming. Carter and April both have some inner turmoil that they need to overcome in order to truly accept that the connection they share is so much more than just a physical one. They are both learning to let go of things in their past that they can’t change, to trust in one another by giving them all that they are, and trying to keep out of the limelight and chaos that follows with Carter’s every move. I was hooked from the start and really loved watching these two grow into their own, relinquish the pain of the past, and fall not-so-effortlessly in love with one another. They fought hard for their relationship and deserve that happily ever after! I will admit I had some trouble immersing myself in the story at certain points because of the dual POV flashbacks. A lot of them were set in the past and it wasn’t always clear when things were occurring. I found myself having to double back to clarify certain moments or to confirm that a scene had happened. All in all I did enjoy reading this story about Carter and his fairy, April. It was a beautiful journey about overcoming emotional scarring and reaching for that second chance at love. I look forward to more work from Emannuelle Snow. I’d like to thank NetGalley for my digital copy of Pink and Country.

Pink and Country is my first book by Emmanuelle Snow and if her other books are anywhere close to this one, she is on her way to being one of my favorite authors! This book is longer than most, but it was so good I was sorry when it ended! To the story. The H is Carter who is complicated but oh, so sexy, country music star. The books starts as he has just ended a long term (awful) relationship. He also has a lot of trama/drama in his past. Our h is April, sweet and quirky, the perfect fit for Carter-although it does take a while to get there, in the best of ways. April has had drama in her life as well. Most of the time I think to myself when reading romance novels, if only they would communicate this angst would be over already. This isn't one of those books. You understand why they don't want to open up. You really get into the minds of the characters and they are fully fleshed out. I felt like I really knew them and understood why both of them made the choices they did. To conclude, this book is just really, really good! Thank you NetGalley for an advanced copy. This author is now on my TBR list!

Thank you for allowing me to review this book. This is my first story I’ve read by Emmanuelle Snow and it won’t be last. What an absolute beautiful story filled with different emotions. I laughed, I cried. I enjoyed it.

This is was a sweet read. That's the word I'd use to describe it. There were some parts that didn't seem right at the start but it got better. Much better. They both had amazing character developments, their background stories were mindblowing, so developed that I could feel the emotions through the pages. When they were using their nicknames, so immersed in them, even I forgot their real names. The pacing was just nice. I definitely want the new band's and lyricist's story. I can just feel that I'm going to love that one as well as I did this one.

I really fell into this head first knowing nothing about it but I enjoyed it immensely. It was a breath of fresh air. I highly recommend.

First of all, thank you NetGalley for my ARC. Now let's talk about the book! I was very intrigued by the synopses of this book and by all the things I heard about it! I've never been exposed to the world of country singers so I was pretty excited. Getting to know that environment was really cool! I loved the romance and how it developed. Everything just felt very real between Carter and April. I also loved the fact that April's a writer! Overall, the only thing that I didn't like was Jack in the beginning, he just seemed so random and his phrases weren't child like, if that makes any sense. Some of Carter's actions in the beginning of the book annoyed me. I still don't understand why he didn't just clear out everything with April about not being married! It seemed like he actually was in a relationship and was trying to lie about it. Anyways, I enjoyed this a lot and totally recommended it! My review on GoodReads: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/4229545902

4/5 STARS The angst. The sexual tension. The dirty talk !! THIS WAS EVERYTHING AAAHH!!! Honestly, I did not expect to enjoy this book as much as I did. Pink & Country absolutely stole my heart from the word go ! The sexual tension in this book came as a total surprise- probably because the cover is so cute ! ( I know, don't judge a book by its cover) The interactions between April and Carter had be smiling at my kindle the entire time , I honestly could not put it down. I will definitely be reading more from this author! Thank you Netgalley for the book.

This is a story about two very flawed individuals, April and Carter, who find each other when they need them the most. It is dramatic, angsty but real. A story to read when you want drama and serious plots. I did find a couple of time slips that I really didn't understand, but that did not detract from my enjoyment of this book. I look forward to reading the next book! Thank you NetGalley for providing this copy in exchange for my unpaid, honest review.

Emotional, hot and full of angst. A story of two hurting people who are falling in love. I'm living for the sexual tension and banter between April and Carter😌💖. Pink & Country is a great book, but I feel that the book is far too long for me. Still an enjoyable read even though reading it feels like a never ending experience. I also noticed a lot of repetition which I'm not fond of. Despite that, the writing is easy to follow and wonderful. Nevertheless, this is the first book I've ever read that started with a song, it's amazing. I won't mind checking out other Emmanuelle Snow's work in the future.

I give this book a 3.5. I really enjoyed it, but it was a little fast paced for me and the drama was over the top. Both main characters are given a second chance at love. They both were quite relatable, which I really appreciate. The first half of the book was really good, and could've been a novella in my opinion.

I really liked this book! Very captivating and the author did a great job articulating the strong connection between the two main characters. I get annoyed at characters who self sabotage (so common in romance stories and it drives me nuts) and there is some of that here, but not that bad. I found myself looking for every spare moment to read a little more, and that's always a telltale sign of a great book.

The cover instantly caught my eye Premise An Angsty and Emotional Drama Romance. I have it all: money, success, and fame. But being at the top has never felt so lonely. I thought hiding in the mountains, far from the spotlight, would do me good. The moment I catch sight of the woman living next door, I can’t push her out of my mind I always love reading books about famous people who fall in love with regular folk and this was such a cute sweet romance! I heard it is part of a series so I really look forward to more from this author.

⭐ 4/5 ⭐ Thanks to NetGalley and Emmanuelle Snow for giving me this eARC in exchange for my honest opinion. I'm blessed! Pink and Country es mi primer libro de este autor y debo decir que me ha sorprendido gratamente. El género romántico no ha sido mi favorito durante todos mis años como lectora, pero últimamente me encanta adentrarme en historias de amor. Por eso decidí tirarme a la piscina con esta historia, esperando que me cautivara... Y lo ha conseguido. Carter y April son encantadores, sensibles y entrañables. Su historia está llena de conexión, química y amor. Este libro nos enseña que, aunque hayamos tenido muchas dificultades y problemas en la vida, nunca hay que perder la esperanza porque un día llega alguien que te hace entender que todo puede tener solución. Y si no tiene solución, no pasa nada si estás rodeada de personas que merezcan la pena. Nos adentramos en un amor apasionado y divertido, donde cada personalidad tiene que encajar con la del otro. Mis únicos contras tienen que ver con la longitud del libro: si bien es cierto que es una lectura dinámica (porque siempre están pasando cosas) sí creo que podría haberse reducido un poco. Muchas veces parecía que el final de la historia llegaba, pero, de repente, ocurría otro conflicto. A veces no he enganchado con la historia por esta razón. Y otra cosa menos me ha gustado, pero esto es muy subjetivo, es que April es quien más se amolda a él. Podría haber sido una buena enseñanza que, en una relación, ambas partes deben ceder. Pero aquí me daba la sensación que April ponía más de su parte, dejando de lado su vida y su sueño de la escritura. Lectura 100% recomendable si quieres una historia de amor adictiva.

This was such a great read. Carter and Aprils story was heartwarming. This ended up being quite a long book and was hard for me to get into at first but once I made it past the first few chapters I was stuck! The country star life that Carter was hiding in the beginning allowed him to be a normal person without all of the craziness if he would have been recognized. The relationship between the two seemed so real and relatable in a way even for a normal person. Their relationship had its ups and its downs but the found a way to make it work. I cannot wait to dive into the second book in this series!

This book was so good. Carter was a country music star hiding from a scandal from his last girlfriend. April needed a change of scenery to get back into her writing. She finds herself on Carter's property using one of his cabins and sparks fly. He's being a jerk protecting himself and she immediately gets onery with him and gives him a nickname. She has no idea who he is, but they get thrown togwther and slowly fall in love (without realizing it). I love April's inteaction with Jack and Bea - so cute.. The story had a slow build up of romance and very hot sex, drama and sleezy ex girlfriends. I can't wait to read the rest of the series.

Turns out it is hair and country music. Now I like pink hair - mine is often that colour... but country music, not so much, and I found the lyrics a bit - not so much.... I did like the general story-line and writing style though. And it was a really good length even if it should have been edited a bit I thought - at times it rambled and repeated previous concepts. Some real humour would have helped alleviate the angst that ran throughout the story - Country should have seen a psychologist and his team was delinquent in their duty to him not to get him to do this. He was self-harming in his routine when the 'black dogs' attacked him Pink on the other hand needed to do more than bake on a Saturday - lots of unresolved grief there after 3 years but .... I found it a somewhat strange device the way her marriage was revealed. As I cannot believe that just about everyone knew the truth of it and how and why it occurred before it was written about in the last chapters. So I did have a few issues with my critical hat on, which is why I am not giving the 5 stars other reviewers have.