Writings on the Wall: Arlissa's Story

Pub Date 1 Oct 2021 | Archive Date 15 Feb 2022

If you had the chance to recall every event that led you to your biggest regret–– would you take it?

In Carson City, Nevada, Arlissa Benson has been playing the cards that life has dealt her, but not intelligently. Her dead sister's voice acts as her conscience, constantly nudging her to be more interesting; to be just like the movies they used to watch together.

When her best friend Alejandra Garcia decides to drag her to Los Angeles to start a music career–– Arlissa’s test begins now. Who am I? What do I want to be when I grow up? What will I do when I find my dead boyfriend in bed? Questions she never asked herself, but probably should have. Impressionable and unworldly, Arlissa is thrown into a life she never asked for.

But, when she meets professional boxer Xavier Amari, maybe things aren’t so dreadful after all. What could be so bad about the man who only shows up in the middle of the night and is obsessed with chasing sunrises and sunsets? Surely he has no inner demons–– right?

What Arlissa doesn’t realize is the truth has always been written in red ink right in front of her, this game called life isn’t a movie. And no one is playing fair.

EDITION Ebook

Send To Kindle (MOBI)

I adored this! The eloquent prose, the angst, and of course the characters. I did not think it would be so good from the first chap, but a couple more later I was sucked in.

Writings on the Wall: Arlissa's Story by Goddess A. Brouette is a tour de force and not at all what I expected. I had anticipated that the story would follow the usual love story narrative as the typical elements were in place. However, this story was anything but typical; joltingly. the story begins and ends in the same place. Arlissa Benson and Xavier Amari form a toxic bond which fuels this story. I thought that the author would compromise the ending for our comfort. I was wrong. The emotional roller-coaster dizzying ride of this story will leave you reeling! I voluntarily read a copy of this book from Netgalley and this review is of my honest opinion.

This is not your typical romance novel. “Writings on the Wall” is such an engrossing and powerful book from the beginning to the end. The prologue is dramatic and powerful, and lays the groundwork for what’s to come. The characters are well written and engaging. I read this in one sitting, and I can say that I didn’t see the ending coming. If you want a powerful story, this is the book for you. Goddess A. Brouette is an amazing author and I look forward to more of her future work. I would like to thank Goddess A. Brouette and Netgalley for this ARC in exchange for my honest review!

Happiness usually hides from us between all the diversions this world has and keeps us fooling around in the wrong directions.  Happiness likes to be right in front of us but we keep looking, struggling because we see through it. If we are lucky we may finally get it into our life. This book got me thinking about it since page one. The way is written is so captivating and easy to keep you up all night until you find your way to the end and make your conclusions. Absolutely astonishing!!! You can find me here: https://www.instagram.com/i_am_a_slow_reader/ https://www.facebook.com/TheSlowReadersPage/ https://twitter.com/Elliemas6

Writings on the Wall- Arlissa's Story by Goddess A. Brouette, is indeed a story where teenagers do not know what they want from life. In this dilemma, they commit some grave mistakes which they regret for life. The plot is slow for first few chapters. But, after that it picks up pace with vital turning points. Although, I was disappointed with the climax. The only fact which I liked about the book is that it has portrayed teenagers and their problems in a good manner. I literally felt myself saying why the hell Arlissa doing this? So, I would give the book only 4 stars. Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC.

I’m speechless, I don’t even know where to start. This book is full of emotions, peer pressure and living your dreams. This coming of age story of Arlissa is powerful and very moving too. I love how Arlissa’s story feels so real and personal. I also, love that the characters are so innocent to start their journey then change, due to society and the demands of their chosen careers. I must say that my heart goes out to Arlissa. Above of all I love this book because Arlissa deals with real life situations that no one likes to talk about or sometimes keep them as secrets. I would recommend this book to everyone who wants to become famous.

Absolutely adored this story and following the main characters Arlissa and Xavier. I loved the way they met and how they interact with each other. Definitely rereading.

I really enjoyed this story! The plot was thoroughly enjoyable and it dealt with peer pressure whilst trying to follow your dreams. I loved how Xavier and Arlissa met and the plot of this story. It was a bit of a slow start but keep going and it picks up the pace and becomes so much better!!!!!