Stress Less Living, Revised Edition

God- Centered Solutions When You're Stretched Too Thin

Pub Date 24 Aug 2021 | Archive Date Not set

Talking about this book? Use #StressLessLivingRevisedEdition #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Women have a desperate longing for a stress cure. Stress-Less Living offers life-changing, heart-renewing, long-lasting remedies that will bring peace, even when things feel out of control.

Life is tense and offers no easy answers or quick fixes. The good news is that in a world of unrest and stress, readers can find the peace for which they hunger. Tracie Miles, in this breakthrough book, helps women unload the pressure cooker of life and learn to rely on the peace that Christ promises to all those who come to him. Tracie maintains that the direction many women receive today is attached to temporary helps like meditation, relaxation strategies, breathing exercises, and support groups. Stress-Less Living unpacks the truth found in Scripture about how to overcome fear, anxiety, and uncertainty, and shows the stressed-out woman how she can not only survive stress but thrive in spite of it through faith in the promises of God.

Life is...

Send To Kindle (MOBI)

Thank you to the publisher and NetGalley for this ARC in exchange for an honest review! Stress Less Living, Revised Edition by Tracie Miles is a revised version of one of her earlier books that gives advice about how to deal with stress in a Christ-centered way. Chapters in this book include "Time for Change" and "Take Back Your Life." This book has been updated and now contains references to current events like the attack on the Capitol and the COVID-19 pandemic. I must admit that I am a huge fan of Tracie Miles. I own all of her books, and they've helped me through some rough times in my life. This book is no exception. I am so happy to be able to support this author. Thank you to the publisher for this opportunity! Here is an excerpt from the Introduction, which was updated for this edition: "Sitting alone on the couch in my den, laptop resting on my knees, mind racing with all the stressful thoughts that had sprouted life from the fertilization of the disturbing news blaring all day, I felt anxiety and stress threatening to engulf me, as had happened so many times before. But this time, I chose to respond differently... I could either let the stress of my world burn a hole in my soul, opening up a gap for anxiety, anger, and panic to seep in and steal my peace and joy, or I could recognize what was happening and take the reins of my thoughts and emotions rather than letting them run wild. I knew I needed to refocus on the peace Jesus offers if we remember to turn our attention back to him and off of the craziness and chaos around us." Overall, Stress Less Living is an absolute must-have for any person dealing with stress. Even if you are not a Christian, the author gives many pieces of advice that can apply to anyone. One of my favorite things about the author is that she has been through it in the trenches. You're not going to get lofty platitudes with no basis in reality. You name it, the author has been through it. She has known heartache, and she has known stress. That's what makes her writing most powerful. Even though I come from a different background than the author in almost every way, she is extremely relatable. One thing that I wish the author had kept in this edition was the list of self-care strategies. For example, taking a warm bubble bath is one of my go-to strategies when I'm stressed out. I would have liked to see more physical relaxation strategies, as opposed to just spiritual ones. If you're intrigued by the excerpt above, or if you're a fan of books about how to get rid of stress, I highly recommend checking out this book, which is available now!