Mammy Banter

The Secret Life of an Uncool Mum

Pub Date 3 Mar 2022 | Archive Date Not set

From the creator of viral Tiktok sensation, Mammy Banter, comes a hilarious warts-and-all novel about modern motherhood – and how having it all sometimes isn’t what you think it might be.

She used to want it all.
Now she just wants a nap.

Tara Gallagher is knackered. She used to dream of being Beyoncé but suddenly she’s thirty-six – with three kids, a loving husband, a very boring job – and instead of headlining Coachella, she’s in her pyjamas on a Friday night, watching Gogglebox.

It’s time for a mammy makeover. She’s going to show her teenage daughter she’s still cool. She’s going to show her husband she’s still an absolute ride. She’s going to show her colleagues she’s still a Boss Bish.

But most of all, she’s going to prove to herself that she can still be a mum, still work full time, and still be Beyoncé…

The debut novel from viral TikTok star, Mammy Banter

...

EDITION Ebook

Send to Kindle (MOBI)

I follow Serena on social media and I absolutely love her content. She is very authentic which I love and the content is really relatable for everyone, often having me in stitches. I was therefore keen to read her book. It pains me to say, that authenticity and humour didn't translate to paper in the same way for me. It's a very simple book, super easy read, but the characters don't hold much depth and i felt the themes were laid on a bit too think, getting repetitive at times. Granted, if you are just looking for something easy, then this is the one. I imagine it will appeal to mums who will relate most with the main character.

This is a light-hearted, hilarious look at modern parenting and especially that of a teenager & toddlers. If you know of Mammy banter on tiktok and Instagram this book is written exactly in her style of talking and it's chaotic, crazy, fun & intense but with a big heart! Yes, there's some repetition and predictable situations, but if you want a fun read you can pick up and put down whenever suits then this is great for that