The Truth about Her

Pub Date 19 Aug 2021 | Archive Date 1 Apr 2022

'Electrifying, deeply unsettling and so, so satisfying' Meg Mason, author of Sorrow and Bliss

‘I raced through this compelling tale about shame, single motherhood, and the lies we tell ourselves and other people’ Daily Mail

How can you write other people's stories, when you won't admit the truth of your own?

Journalist and single mother Suzy Hamilton gets a shocking phone call one morning: the subject of one of her investigative exposés, 25-year-old wellness blogger Tracey Doran, has killed herself overnight.

Horrified by this news, she copes in the only way she knows how – throwing herself into work, looking after her young daughter and carrying on with two ill-advised affairs.

But no one can make their own story disappear, and soon Suzy’s life is spiralling into chaos: will it end in violence or redemption?

EDITION Ebook