Her Perfect Twin

Pub Date 20 Jan 2022 | Archive Date 20 Jan 2022
Hodder & Stoughton, Hodder Studio

Talking about this book? Use #HerPerfectTwin #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

HER PERFECT TWIN. YOUR NEW OBSESSION.

'Sarah Bonner's debut novel made my jaw drop. There are so many twists in this story, I never knew what was coming next. You won't want to miss this one!' Samantha Downing, author of My Lovely Wife

When Megan discovers photographs of her estranged identical twin sister on her husband's phone, she wants answers.

The only way Megan can get away with killing her twin is to become her.

HER PERFECT TWIN IS THE MOST ADDICTIVE, TWISTY THRILLER YOU'LL READ IN 2022. DON'T MISS THIS WILD RIDE OF A NOVEL.

'A deliciously sticky web of a tale that snared me from the very first page and didn't let me go until the shocking end' C. L. Pattison, author of The Housemate

'Intense, sharp, and surprising. Everything I love in a thriller' Jo Jakeman, author of Safe House

'A perfect storm of sly revenge and rivalry' LV Matthews, author of The Prank

'Twisty, compelling and clever, this is a fabulous debut with a heroine you'll root for' Penny Batchelor, author of Her New Best Friend

Real readers love Her Perfect Twin:

'An outstanding debut from Sarah Bonner. I have never read anything quite like it'

'Cleverly plotted with great characters . . . A top notch thriller!'

'This book definitely had me hooked. It's one of those that gets under your skin'

'A devious, twisty story laced with dark humour, with characters you'll love and love to hate . . . Echoes of Hitchcock and du Maurier, but also more contemporary thrillers like Gone Girl and The Girl on the Train. Brilliant'

'Absolutely amazing'

HER PERFECT TWIN. YOUR NEW OBSESSION.

#HerPerfectTwin #NetGalley Loved this creepy book. Megan discovers photographs of her estranged identical twin sister on her husband's phone, she wants answers. Leah already has everything Megan has ever wanted. Fame, fortune, freedom to do what she wants. And when Megan confronts Leah, an argument turns to murder. The only way Megan can get away with killing her twin is to become her. But then lockdown hits. How can she continue living two lives? And what happens if someone else knows her secret too? I think it's one of the best novels I've ever read in my lifetime. Thanks to NetGalley and Hodder Straughten for giving me an advance copy.

Wow oh wow!! Where do I start with this absolute gem? This is a book that has completely blown me away and been a rollercoaster read. This is absolute genius, I have found myself pulled in and unwilling to put this down. We meet Megan and Leah in this one. Identical twins who really don’t have a close bond. I have been on the edge of my seat. I have devoured this book in one sitting and it is definitely one that has converted me as a HUGE fan of this author. This is a book that hasn’t even been published yet and I can’t wait to find out what is coming next. Unpredictable ✅ Unique ✅ Well-written ✅ Tense ✅ This is a book that literally has it all. A definite five star read and one that definitely should be on the TBR. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Her Perfect Twin hinges on a brilliant premise - to get away with murder, you must live a double life, but then March 2020 happens and you're in lockdown, what then? This is the perfect page turner thriller, and centre stage is the fantastic anti-hero Megan who kills her twin Leah and then must pretend to be her, navigating life as a famous writer and influencer and juggling her affairs. To be in Megan's head is great fun and there's just something about her that makes you want to get away with it all! Sarah Bonner has a great skill in characterisation and the character voices are sharp and distinct. I won't spoil any of the twists but needless to say you'll be absorbed by all the book's revelations. The lockdown and COVID mentions are subtle and the plot doesn't become a pandemic novel but knowing that lockdown awaits there is a sense of foreboding about Megan's fate which adds to the delicious tension. If you're after a fun, gripping thriller you'll romp through Her Perfect Twin and maybe wish you were half as cunning as these characters. Thanks to Netgalley and Hodder Studio for this ARC in exchange for a fair review.

I love the fact that this new to me author was able to encapsulate the COVID days so perfectly in this frighteningly devious thriller! The best possible use of the “evil twin” trope is how I would categorize this crazy story.

I've been looking forward to this book since I first heard about it several months ago, and was delighted to be granted an early read on NetGalley. I wasn't disappointed. I'm a sucker for anything tackling sibling rivalry and this took that theme to a new level, against a backdrop of the Covid lockdown, betrayal, domestic abuse and gaslighting, and the long-term impact of not knowing exactly who you are. There were so many different threads to this book, not least the encapsulation of the terror of being locked down with the wrong person, the ultimate tests of 'twin bonds', and the mental torture of being betrayed by those you are closest to. I read it quickly - in about two days, which is always a sure sign I'm enjoying something.

"Her Perfect Twin" hooked me in right away with its intriguing premise, but I would be the first to admit that I went in with more than a little trepidation - I have read SO many novels that utilise the identical twin / mistaken identity trope, and very few of them have actually done anything original with it. Thank god then for authors like Sarah Bonner, who take what could be a tired cliche and use it absolutely brilliantly, subverting everything you think you know and manipulating your preconceptions to her own ends. Not only is the book beautifully written with engaging and realistic characters, it's genuinely surprising, with twists that come out of left field (and then keep on coming!). I don't want to say too much for fear of giving anything away, but I was absolutely glued to this novel - it's crafty, dark, and genuinely thrilling. I'll be thinknig about this one for a long time. I cannot wait to read whatever this author writes next, and in the meantime, I'm going to be recommending "Her Perfect Twin" to every reader I know. Thank you to NetGalley and to the publisher, who granted me a free ARC copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I couldn’t put Her Perfect Twin down until I’d finished it. A devious, twisty story laced with dark humour, with characters you’ll love and love to hate. I think this novel would appeal to any fan of raw psychological suspense. Echoes of Hitchcock and du Maurier, but also more contemporary thrillers like Gone Girl and The Girl on the Train. Brilliant.

Absolutely amazing book with so many twists, I loved the way the story changed viewpoints at times. It made it so much more then it was already. EPIC!

An outstanding debut from Sarah Bonner. I have never read anything quite like it. Its about the intriguing life of twin sisters Leah and Megan, whose father had another secret family. I loved the style of writing, which drew me in straightaway and made me wonder what would happen next. Its full of suspense, drama and surprises and written in four significant, exciting parts for maximum impact. Highly recommended.

If you murder your twin sister, can you steal her life and get away with it? Megan and Leah are twins, they look exactly the same, yet they are not close. They possibly hate each other. Leah was always taking away from Megan, no matter if clothes, cosmetics or boyfriends. She even took their family story, writing a book and earning millions on it. Now it's time for Megan to take everything back. When Megan discovers on her husband's phone a picture of her twin, she decides to confront her sister. A short conversation turns into an argument and that follows with a murder. We learn who's the killer from the very beginning and then we see how the story unravels... This fantastic story is told from different point of views, it has many twists and dark secrets. It's cleverly plotted, with great characters and interestingly it fits perfectly to the lockdown theme. I didn't think I can enjoy any book placed during the pandemic, but this one was terrific! A top notch thriller! I want to read more books from Sarah and I hope she has many ideas to put into pages!

What a wonderful, crazy ride! The first book I've read that covers lockdown - which was handled really well, background rather than central. But what a story! I gasped, I hid my eyes behind my hands, I bit my lip, I laughed out loud. I'm not sure a book that includes murder, torture, gaslighting, rough sex, and revenge should be quite this much fun - but Sarah Bonner has managed it. The perfect escapist holiday read - I gobbled it up in two sittings. I am really glad I don't have an identical twin!

This is an incredibly great read, I loved every page and as Megan takes the 1st ½ of the story if your like me you will be hooked I was well into the night. It's the tale of 2 very identical twins, one of them Leah has an affair with her twins husband after doing some pretty bad things before this takes the full pack of custard creams. Well Megan goes to confront her twin and things don't go too well, or you could say rather too well depending on how your outlook on life is. So Leah ends up in the freezer (a bit of a clue she won't feel the cold). Can Megan get away with it time will tell the quicker you buy it and read it the sooner you can find out. The husband Chris obviously is a total hmmmm how do you say? Well I guess you don't need to say if he's mixing it with her twin and yes he does know who she is obviously. they are very identical. He's playing a sick and dangerous game and the deeper you get in to the story the worse he gets but it's not his tale it's Megan's although he gets to tell his story in part 2. I loved Megan from the start (not in the unfaithful way, relax, ) she's great and one of the few that you can fall in love with and still be normal in my point of view yours may vary, I can recommend some good doctors if it does. Actually Chris's Mum is good but she doesn't feature as much as Tom who is "Leahs" new boyfriend, and a good sort if truth is told. I think this would make an excellent audio as well the tension is superbly built up. So for me 5 starts is the least this Thriller should get I promise I loved every page I know that expression is over used at times in reviews but I hope you will agree that this is the genuine case when you read "Her Perfect Twin". 🥰 there are a number of lesser parts with come great characters and just a forwarning the ending is great it's a book that gets better the deeper yiu go and it starts at a high point so is an incredible achievement for Sarah to pull of.

Wow! This was a great story - I am also an identical twin and the author got parts of this so right, it’s a relationship like no other and your twin was literally the other half of you so this story was weirdly fitting for me ( tho my life is not as not as extreme!) I liked the way COVID was bought into this - the lockdown and how scary it all was at the beginning. Lots of twists and turns in the story and up to the last chapter I did not know who it was. I really enjoyed this and would recommend. Thanks to net galley too.

This is the first novel I’ve read with a COVID context, and it has an excellent premise. Contemporary wisdom is right: it was a terrible time to be living a double life, and yet for someone trying to get away with murder, perhaps it made the cover-up just a tiny bit easier? This debut is creepily believable and very timely. I can really imagine it hitting the screens. Its structure is perfect for adaptation. Megan’s voice is deliciously sweary and strikes the right balance between jaded and judicious. She’s both a victim and a badass. I really enjoyed turning the pages of this cleverly-plotted thriller. It’s funny and insightful in places, harrowing in others. Sarah Bonner has clearly done her homework. Megan’s 'schoolmarm' inner voice would be impressed!

Couldn't put this down at all! Got abit confused after the chapter from Chris but think I got back on track! Definitely a best seller and what a big for a debut!!!!

Wow what a wild ride ,I could not put it down..So many twists and turns really dark and then humor would sneak in .So well written an author to follow will be recommending.#netgalley #Herperfecttwin

Her Perfect Twin A super-slick, page turning thriller. Megan has always had a difficult relationship with her identical twin sister, Leah. From stolen boyfriends to a betrayal over a book they wrote together, there seems no end to Leah's duplicity, so Megan has cut her out of her life But when Megan discovers that her husband Chris has been having an affair with Leah, she confronts her sister and in a moment of madness commits a terrible act. Now, with Leah's body hidden in the freezer of her lakeside cabin, Megan must hide her crime by living two lives at once. So far, so good. But then COVID strikes and the country is plunged into lockdown. How can Megan carry on living both her life and Leah's life when she can't even leave the house? And how much does Chris know about what's been going on? I don't tend to read a huge number of thrillers and perhaps that's my loss, because I couldn't put this book down. I read it over a weekend, staying up to the wee early hours to get to the end. It's a twisty story, never going in the direction you expect, but with careful characterisation also keeping the reader firmly on Megan's side. Perhaps the most impressive thing about this debut novel is that it manages a completely fresh take on the identical twins trope, which is something I'd previously thought had been done to death. I'm very happy to be proved wrong and look forward to more from Sarah Bonner.

Holy cow! At first I’m thinking oh another twin trope, but omg this one is so twisty & unexpected! Megan Hardcastle thinks she’s losing her mind when she comes across naughty photos of her twin sister, Leah, on her husband’s phone! Identical twins Leah and Megan are each other’s worse enemy, so when Megan confronts Leah they fight and one dies! Her Perfect Twin is a wonderful debut, it’s fresh and suspenseful! Thank you to @netgalley and @hodderbooks for a gifted copy!

I find a lot of psychological thrillers to be a bit samey samey, which when it comes to basic premise isn't a problem. After all there are only so many ways to do this. Execution is key to rising above the crowd and thats where Sarah Bonner has come into her own here in my opinion. Yes its Twins. Yes its a husband who isn't terribly lovely. But the characterisation here is beautifully done and the story is as twisty and compelling as you would want from this genre. It isn't at all obvious where everyone will end up and the twin element, often now a cliche, is handled refreshingly with more than surface level depth to it. I was hook line and sinkered and enjoyed it very much. A kind of twisted Freaky Friday. Recommended.

Oh … my … word - this book is amazing! Usually it takes at least a chapter or two before my interest is sparked in a new book (if at all), but with this story I was totally immersed after the very first paragraph. What a thrilling read. I know a lot of reviewers say ‘I couldn’t put it down’, but I really couldn’t put it down. It’s one of those where your heart is in your mouth and you just HAVE to know what happens at the end. I read somewhere that an author has failed if the reader doesn’t care what happens to the characters. Well, this author certainly hasn’t failed – she has been an outstanding success. I never repeat the story in a book, and I won’t here because it just has to be read. I felt such empathy for Megan, and was on the edge of my seat all the way through with fingers crossed for a positive ending. I loved the way the story was told from 3 different points of view, and the writing throughout was pure brilliance. So clever, gritty, and believable, with such vivid descriptions of everything. The plot was unique, and the ending was pure genius. I rarely read a book twice, but this one will be an exception. Is this really a debut novel? Wow – give that woman a star! Thanks so much to the publishers for inviting me to read this brilliant story in return for an honest review.

It’s rare that I sit down to read a new book and don’t stop until I’ve finished it, but this is the case for Sarah’s debut (which reads very much like an author with plenty of finished novels in her CV). Twin Megan finds photographs of herself in a sexy lingerie on her husband’s phone but doesn’t remember wearing it. Knowing it is her twin Leah – a woman who has taken whatever she wanted from her sister’s life since they were teenagers – Megan sets out to ensure Leah will pay (permanently) for her latest action. But if she’s to get away with this successfully, Megan needs to embody Leah and the lavish, social media involved lifestyle she enjoys. And what about her husband? And a certain event that takes place in March 2020 when lockdown brings her plan awry. Can she pretend to be both sisters when she can’t leave her home? There are so many twists and turns to this that your perspective is constantly changing, and the enjoyment is all the more because of it. Clever and breathtaking (really).

Oh this was different from I expected. I thought it would be a straightforward thriller but no, not at all. I must admit my heart sank when I realised we were heading into lockdown in the book. I’ve lived it and I seriously don’t want to read or watch anything about it. I’ve dumped so many tv programmes because of that. But thankfully it was cleverly used. There are so many twists in this book. Some you’ll see others you won’t. Thourough,y enjoyed this and highly recommended.

What a fabulous book - complete head-spinner from start to finish, where nothing is as it seems. Starting from a opening where Megan discovers some pics on her husband's phone of her in some gorgeous but unrecognisable underwear, we know that she's confused, potentially vulnerable, having problems with her memory and sense of self. Then we find out about her identical twin sister, who has taken everything that Megan ever wanted in life and ruined her family in the process. Its really hard to write a review without giving anything away, but within the first few chapters, the story is moving at such a pace that its hard to hold on to who is saying what, when, how and why. But believe me, everything you think you know us turned on its head again and again til you have no idea which way is up. Absolute triumph of writing

Wow! What a brilliant book, the best debut I have read for years. The premise of the story, the evil twin, is not new but this was handled perfectly. It’s tense, suspenseful, creepy and downright good! Right from the start I was hooked, couldn’t put it down. It’s not a light read, concentration is needed to keep track of events, but well worth it. Right up to the end I wasn’t sure what the outcome would be. Megan and Leah are identical twins, but looks are the only thing they share, they have very different personalities and characters. Through a series of unfortunate events they have become estranged. Their mother is unwell and in a nursing home, where she is very confused, thinking Megan is Leah when she visits. Megan is married to Chris, who is very coercive and she is not happy. Leah has everything, but still wants more. She is an influencer and has written a book on the twins early life, which has sold well. Her social media accounts are full of her escapades and celebrity status. She is also very savvy and, due to clever investments, etc., she has become rich. This displeases Megan as the book was jointly written by them before their falling out, and Megan feels she should have profited from sales too. After seeing a picture of Leah which Chris has on his phone, Megan loses her cool a decides to confront Leah about her involvement with Chris. Inevitably the outcome of the confrontation is unexpected! All this and Covid rearing it’s ugly head, wow! Loved this book, would totally recommend. Thank you NetGalley.

Oh my god, what a read! I was gripped the entire way through, This book was in four parts and each one was fast paced, evil and thrilling If you love dark, twisty books - this is for you

An outstanding debut with a unique and fascinating premise. How can you live a double life as a murderer when you are trapped in lockdown? With sharp snappy prose and twisty narrative, this book had me snared in its pages until the early hours of the morning. It just wouldn't let go. I had to discover everything, reading faster and faster to reach its conclusion. Megan, Leah and Chris are fascinating characters. I loved each of them for very different reasons. They swept me up into their world of dark secrets and suspense. Each twist a further revelation to add to my growing list of suspicions about them. Not that my suspicions were ever proven because each time I thought I had it sussed - Sarah flipped the story again. The use of the pandemic and the approaching lockdown is incredibly clever. We the reader know what is about to happen but Megan doesn't and this creates a tension of its own. How was she going to get away with it? And as the threat of lockdown grows nearer our fears grow stronger for her. Of course by this point, Sarah has created a claustrophobic cage around us - everywhere is dangerous. How can there be a way out? Echoes' of Gone Girl and Sleeping with the Enemy - Her Perfect Twin has been expertly crafted and beautifully written. Full of dark humour and suspense this thriller will be a huge hit in 2022

OMG I was up til 2am finishing this as I could not put it down. A rare occasion where a covid/lockdown mention doesn't spoil a narrative but absolutely enhances it. A great love triangle in which you get all angles (literally). Its tense, twists are shocking, and its very hard hitting. The ending is clever and does not disappoint. The different points of view add an extra dimension and alter perceptions. Pacey, surprising, intricate.

First off I have to say for a debut novel this was brilliant. I felt as though it was a little bit different to other thrillers but in a good way. It grabbed me from the first page and I didn't want to put it down. Megan has a twin sister that she has not seen for a long time, we discover later into the story why. When she finds a picture of her sister on her husband's phone she wants to know why. After an argument someone comes worse off and how can you get away with killing your sister is to be her. How can she be two people and live a life? it was an interesting mix of what was going to happen, there are many twists and turns that are unexpected and some expected. It was a very cleverly written story and the ending was dramatic. This is an author I will be looking out for in the future. For a debut novel this was a spectacular read.

this is a great thriller which is set in the current time of lock down, it is brilliantly executed and i enjoyed it. Its a love triangle with great twists and shocks and has a great ending

This book is so good! I really found myself getting involved and confused all at the same time. A very clever plot and good use of the main characters. The "lockdown" added an extra plot twist as well.

Thanks to Netgalley for this ARC in exchange for an honest review. Wow this book was unputdownable! Its definitely a top 2021 read! The story follows Leah and Megan twins who are so alike no one can tell them apart. So when Megan kills her perfect twin she starts leading a double life until March 2020 and the covid lockdown, what then? I won't spoil the story as I would recommend anyone to read this book. But I would say it does contain quite detailed descriptions of domestic abuse which I think is worth warning readers about.

The way this book was written made me think I was on a rollercoaster! The twists and turns about which twin was who had me totally engrossed. I loved the way the characters and storyline went so well together. Loved this book so much, definitely a book of the year. Thank you NetGalley.

What a clever plot. Kept me reading well into the night. Absolutely gripping ! Secret upon secret coming to light on every page

Wow! What a thrilling, page-turning debut – guaranteed to keep you guessing till the end! The story revolves around Megan who decides to confront her identical twin after discovering she has been having an affair with Megan’s husband, Chris. But when their argument ends in murder, Megan has an unusual advantage when it comes to getting away with the crime – she can live both her own and her sister’s lives so no one even finds out her perfect twin Leah is even dead. Since I already knew the incredibly hooky premise of this book from the blurb, I had a few ideas of how the plot might play out. How wrong I was. Her Perfect Twin was an absolutely wild ride, so much fun to read and kept me gripped right to the very end. Although most of the characters end up doing fairly terrible things, they are all absolutely compelling and Bonner is able to inject some dark humour along the way which I really enjoyed.

There was a lot of buzz on Twitter about this one alread, so I was so thrilled that I got approved to read this so early on. I went in totally blind. And let me tell you. I read A LOT of thrillers. But this one was PHENOMENAL. Each part left me reeling even more than the previous one. It was so clever and well executed, so well thought of and mapped out. I am still struggling to find words that will make this book justice. First of all, something which rarely happens to me, the story starts straight from the get go. It doesn't take 50 or 100 pages to get into it, not even 10 pages. It starts from page 1. And that for me was a remarkable thing to do. To have the ability to immerse and engage your reader from page one. All the way through, I felt I was having heart puplipations, because just when I thought I had everything figured out, there was another plot twist I didn't see coming. One more thing that truly made a tremendous impression, was the fact that the author blended the pandemic (Covid-19) with the storyline so very well, it made me feel I could relate more to what was happening. I know that some books have already started doing this, but I haven't come across with such a relatable depiction of what happened during the lockdowns. So well done and the execution of it was truly superb. And can we please give a round of applause to the author for making me question everything till the very last page please? Such a clever ending, and such a ingenious way to keep the reader on their toes, till the last few sentences even. It ended just as it begun; intense. And I loved EVERY SINGLE MINUTE of it. This is how a well written thriller should be. I can't wait to read more from this author. Thank you to the publisher for an early approval.

Covid has a lot to answer for. When you’re isolated with someone and you just snap it’s almost no surprise. But I don’t want to give too much away other than it’s a very twisty story right up to the end.

4.5 Stars I read this book in a day. This book has such unique characters and surprising twists and I loved it so much the pages basically turned themselves. I really enjoyed that lockdown was added to the plot without it being a "RONA" book. The tension was palpable and there are characters you love to hate (my favourite kind). Sarah Bonner writes this as though the narrator is speaking directly to the reader and I found that gave the book an intimate feel. What an amazing debut, this was one hell of a read I tell you...pick this book up!

It is hard to believe this is a debut novel, as the unique idea behind this thriller is so superbly executed. Sarah Bonner’s novel explores the relationship between identical twins Megan and Leah whose lives have turned out very differently after Leah turned their family story into a best-selling novel that established her as a famous writer and influencer. Having been bitterly estranged for many years, Megan decides to confront her sister, but their meeting ends with Leah’s murder. In a desperate attempt to avoid detection, Megan embarks on a double life, pretending to continue her life as normal whilst also assuming her sister’s famous persona. But will her husband Chris, her mother-in-law and Leah’s boyfriend Tom, all equally distinctly developed characters, follow her game plan? I would like to thank the publishers and NetGalley for the free ARC I received in exchange for this unbiased review of what must be one of the best forthcoming thriller releases this year.

4.5 rounded up To describe Megan’s husband Chris’s standards as exacting is an understatement and he’s most certainly messing with her head. Megan has plenty of baggage as her delightful husband never ceases to remind her. It’s fair to describe her life growing up as dysfunctional and as for her relationship with her twin Leah, it’s very twisted sister. Megan has had enough and decides to confront Leah and it sure is one heck of a confrontation and Megan needs a perfect plan for her perfect twin. ‘Perfect’ is being used with frequency in titles some of which are imperfect, NOT this one! This is just a bit different, it’s a clever psychological thriller that is well written and keeps you constantly in your toes. It’s certainly an exercise in dysfunction, the deliciously dark and devious kind with dastardly discoveries and deepening despair but with devilish developments! I especially like the dark humour which pops up greatly adding to the entertainment value. There are some jaw dropping plot turns that are far from predictable which actually blow your mind keeping you transfixed on the pages. You have no idea who is messing with who but trust me it’s a very juicy game on! Payback really is a (insert as appropriate) bit of a thing! There’s suspense and tension by the truckload. Lockdown of March 2020 is used very cleverly but I hasten to add this is not a Covid story - definitely not. It’s woven into the fabric of the story with its chaos and uncertainty perfectly matching the chaos of ?? whose ?? world, I’m not saying!!! The characterisation is excellent, they’re far from likeable but that’s what makes this such a tasty book! Am I convinced the plot is possible? Do I care? I’m far too engrossed to be remotely bothered! Overall, what a debut! If you like a jump on a rollercoaster read with as many loop the loops as possible then climb on board this one! With thanks to NetGalley and especially to Hodder and Stoughton for the much appreciated arc in return for an honest review.

Wow! It's been a long time since I've been properly shocked by a thriller, but the twists and turns in Her Perfect Twin did just that. I won't say more as not to spoil, but I loved these characters and finished this in one very greedy gulp!

Her Perfect Twin is a brilliantly twisty tale that will leave your jaw-dropping as you turn the pages. I could not drag myself away from this lockdown thriller. When the lockdown was first imposed, we all found ourselves sitting at home wondering how other people were coping. This book tells a lockdown story that will have you reeling. Sarah Bonner has delivered a truly mind-blowing debut novel with Her Perfect Twin. She tells her story in various parts, from different characters perspectives allowing one to experience events from different angles. I could not put this book down. I cannot wait to see who this author comes up with next. I will eagerly be waiting for her next novel. Megan grew up with an identical twin who wanted and took everything she had. When she finds a picture of her sister on her husband’s phone Megan is furious. In search of answers, she visits her estranged sister. When Leah confirms that she has been having an affair with Chris, the ensuing argument turns to murder. The only way Megan can get away with murder is to become Leah. Her new double life proves challenging, but when lockdown hits, she has no idea how to live two lives. Discovering that someone knows her secret is the last thing she needs. This is an incredibly twisty tale that had me hooked from start to finish. The author weaves a complex web as she gives you various characters perspectives, never allowing the reader to see what is coming. I loved the twists and turns. Megan is a wonderfully crafted character that left me loving her while I questioned some of her actions. The author created this complex woman with remarkable detail allowing you to bond with her and support even her worst choices. My heart broke for this insecure, damaged woman and just like that she turns around and shows remarkable strength that left me in awe. There is not a single thing you can fault about the creation of this character. I loved this story and I gladly gave this book a five-star rating. Her Perfect Twin is one of the best debut novels I have read. I found myself fully engrossed in this book from start to finish. I cannot wait to see what Sarah Bonner send our way next. Thriller fans are in for a treat when they reach for this book. While it is a lockdown story, it does not focus on the pandemic. It is incredibly twisty and beautifully wrapped up leaving you fully engrossed from start to finish. If you are looking for a complex, twisty tale that will have you reading late into the night – Then I cannot recommend this book highly enough.

Megan has always lived in the shadow of her twin Leah. What Leah wants, Leah takes. When she finds photos of Leah on her husband's phone, she has to have it out with her. But things go badly wrong. So Megan tries to lead a double life as she pretends to be both of them. Except lockdown happens. Totally fantastic read the author drew me in from the start. I was a little worried when I realised it was set during the pandemic but its not really about it, just the lockdown. Its got a fun side as well as a dark side. Lots of twists and tension. I really enjoyed this book.

LOVED this book. So incredibly twisty, it kept me captivated throughout. I had no idea where the plot was going and the twists and turns were very well executed. An easy 5 stars.

Suspend your disbelief and enjoy the ride!!! Totally brilliant book that would make great TV series. My thanks to Netgalley for my Kindle copy of Her Perfect Twin, this book has everything!

Sibling Rivalry… A sibling argument descends into murder in this genuinely tense, gripping suspense. To get away with this murder Megan must become her twin sister. But, nobody could have anticipated a lockdown. How can Megan continue to live this seemingly double life? Cleverly done, immersive and edge of seat creepy this is a delicious, one sitting read.

What a fantastic book. I didn’t particularly like any of the characters or their behaviours but this book was literally jaw dropping. It has suspense in spades and more twists than a country lane. Great for whiling away a rainy afternoon and once you pick up this book you won’t be able to put it down. Looking forward to reading more by this author,

What a ride! This book captured my attention from the opening page. Twins that aren’t close and don’t even like each other. One ends up murdered by the other. Megan and Leah had a rivalry which was more than just the usual sibling disagreements. Megan is married to Chris. Chris is sleeping with Leah. In the beginning of the novel we learn that Megan discovers that her husband and twin have been having an affair. They’ve also been messing with her head. When Megan approaches Leah and murders her, she’s got some things to sort out to get away with murder but when you’ve got a nasty husband with a mean evil streak and a virus on the rise, things start getting a little tricky. This is the first novel that I’ve read that takes place during covid. The pandemic is there in the background and adds to the complexities of getting away with murder but this isn’t a story about covid. This is a rollercoaster of a ride with all sorts of twists and the whole time reading it you’re wonder right until the very end what’s going to happen. This was a great read and I’m grateful for the advanced copy granted to me by Netgalley and Hodder & Stoughton.

Twins Megan and leah have never really got along. Leah has always done and got what she wanted no matter who it might hurt and has got very rich in the process. But now she's gone a step too far when Megan finds out that includes sleeping with her husband! Megan goes to confront Leah, an argument ensues and Leah ends up dead! Megan has 2 choices-admit to murder or try to live both lives simultaneously. How can she keep up the pretence? Especially now the country is in lockdown. Before long things start to unravel and she can no longer keep her secret safe. This was a fabulous debut novel. So many twists and turns I doubted myself and my judgement through to the very end! What a superb read! Highly recommend!

WOW! What a gripping read! Fast paced, exciting and easy to read. I was hooked from the beginning!

Dark and compelling, Her Perfect Twin is the perfect thriller. Sharp as a knife and so twisty, it hooked me from the very first page. My head is still spinning!

Wow! What a book. How can this be a debut novel? This is fast paced, clever with plenty of twists and turns that kept me guessing. One of my favourite books this year and it’s definitely worthy of 5 stars. I loved this book.