What His Wife Knew

Pub Date 17 Feb 2022 | Archive Date 19 Mar 2022

Talking about this book? Use #WhatHisWifeKnew #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Sorry.

What His Wife Knew is an enthralling, page-turning mystery concerned with what it means to love, and the importance of female friendship in the face of the darkest situations life can throw at us.

Sorry.

'I raced through this dark, tightly-plotted and satisfying thriller. Loved it!'

Roz Watkins, author of The Devil's Dice

PRAISE FOR JO JAKEMAN

'You'll be gripped!'

HEAT

'A twisty tale of gaslighting, revenge, and redemption that will be a hit with everyone who relishes an abuser getting his comeuppance'

Booklist

'Reads like a darker Big Little Lies with all the female rage of Sharp Objects'

bustle.com

'I raced through this dark, tightly-plotted and satisfying thriller. Loved it!'

Roz Watkins, author of The Devil's Dice

PRAISE FOR JO JAKEMAN

'You'll be gripped!'

HEAT

'A twisty tale of gaslighting...

EDITION Paperback

this was such a gripping read I couldnt put it down, it was so well paced and so tense with dark and disturbing undertones that made it a perfect thriller to read as the nights are getting darker. It was twisty and vengeful and I loved it.

#WhatHisWifeKnew #NetGalley Jo Jakeman has written an awesome psychological thriller. Beth Lomas thought she knew her late husband. But this one small word, written on the back of a discarded envelope and left on their kitchen table convinces the police that Oscar took his own life. As the police announce they are not seeking anyone else in connection with Oscar's death, Beth is convinced that there is more to the story. As she sets out to discover what really happened, Beth uncovers shocking truths about the man she thought she knew better than anyone. In their small town it seems like every stone she turns hides an ugly secret and it's not long before her own dark past begins to rise to the surface. I really liked the way the author has created the characters and reveals the suspense. Thanks to NetGalley and Random House UK Vintage for giving me an advance copy of this book.

Tense, Tightly Woven Suspense… How well do you really know those you love? One of the many themes explored in this tense and tightly woven suspense. With a wholly credible and well drawn cast of characters, a compelling and unpredictable narrative and sensitive issues dealt with sleight of hand, the reader is taken along Beth’s journey where not everything is as it seems. An often dark and compelling read.

I very much enjoyed reading this novel and trying to solve the mystery of Beth’s husband’s untimely death. There was definitely more than meets the eye to this mystery and I absolutely recommend it to those readers that enjoy a red herring or two!

Definitely one of the best books I've read recently. It's so well written, the characters are so complex and real and there are just constantly new secrets and lies coming to light which I loved. It wasn't too predictable, it was all just "what if?!" enough to really make you feel uneasy about it and to make it all seem quite believable!!I just loved it, it really did keep me completely hooked and kept up the pace without having any filler chapters or bit dragging on just to add to the word count or having things thrown in that are then never mentioned again. I would definitely recommend giving this one a go if thrillers and domestic noir are your thing

Jo Jakeman has done it again! Another phenomenal title from one of my favourite authors. Well-paced, tense and had me questioning until the end. Fantastic.

Gripping, well written and completely unpredictable. This book has pulled me in and been completely impossible to put down.

A fantastic story with so much emotion invoved, yet so many twists and turns still to come. One that is impossible to put down while you wait for what is to come...

I really enjoyed this book and was gripped from page 1. I’ve not been able to put it down all day and had to finish it. The plot is unique and intriguing. The story is emotional and the characters interesting. There are so many twists and turns throughout which makes for the perfect thriller. I’d definitely recommend it and it’s certainly worthy of 5 stars.