Mothers and Daughters

Pub Date 17 Mar 2022 | Archive Date Not set

Talking about this book? Use #MothersandDaughters #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Even happy families have their secrets…

‘Captivating and vivid, beautiful and authentic’ Miranda Dickinson

Since the sudden death of her husband, Naomi has steadily rebuilt the life they shared in the village of Tilsham by the sea.

Her eldest daughter, Martha, is sensible and determined – just like her father was – and very much in control of where her life is going. If she could just get pregnant with her husband, life would be perfect.

Willow, the youngest, was always more sunny and easy-going, yet drifted through life, much to her father’s frustration. But now, with charming new boyfriend, Rick, she has a very good reason to settle down.

The three women are as close as can be. But there are things Naomi has kept from her daughters. Like the arrival of Ellis, a long-lost friend from way back, now bringing the fun and spark back into her life. And she’s certainly never told them that her marriage to their father wasn’t quite what it seemed…

The Sunday Times bestselling author Erica James returns with this gloriously compelling tale of mothers and daughters, secrets and love.

Praise for Mothers and Daughters:

‘A brilliant read. A compelling family drama, full of twists and turns. Completely absorbing’ Sarah Morgan, Sunday Times bestselling author of The Christmas Escape

‘Wise and warm with plenty of twists and turns, you'll love this engrossing family story’ Rachel Hore, Sunday Times bestselling author of A Beautiful Spy

‘Reading Mothers and Daughters is like enjoying a brand-new conversation with a much loved friend. Erica James's new novel is a delight . . . surprising and reassuringly wise, captivating and vivid, beautiful and authentic . . . Achingly wonderful, peerless storytelling with heart, soul and gentle wisdom – I adored this book’ Miranda Dickinson, Sunday Times bestselling author of Our Story

Even happy families have their secrets…

‘Wise and warm...

EDITION Ebook

A great story from Erica James which does not disappoint. Mothers, daughters, secrets and relationships all blended together with a lovely ending. Having a daughter myself I can totally relate to this story.

Another brilliant read by Erica James. A story of her mother and two daughters . It covered some interesting topics. Controlling behaviour, motherhood and how we protect our children even as adults. Both Willow and Martha were interesting characters. Made you think as women we take the blame too often .A very good read.

Wow I’ve always loved Erica James books but mothers and daughters has surpassed them all and is now my favourite! A lovely read that highlights the love a mother has for her daughters and the lengths she will go to in order to protect them even to the detriment of herself! A gorgeous seaside setting,mother daughter relationships,pregnancy, and second chances at love are all effortlessly intermingled with less savoury topics such as gas lighting and coercive controlling behaviour. Naomi mother of Martha and Willow has been widowed for a few years and holds a secret re her marriage one that she is unwilling to voice! Her daughters are both settled and expecting babies and Naomi has recently rekindled her love for an old flame Ellis. Martha calls for a family meeting to discuss her mother’s relationship and to vet Ellis and from this point onwards family dynamics change, secrets are revealed and it appears history is repeating itself once more! A brilliantly told read of family dynamics, history and an underlying sense of home and belonging, would love to read a sequel to this book as I’m sure there’s lots more to come! Thank you netgalley for this early read.