Wild Imperfections

An Anthology of Womanist Poems

Pub Date 22 Feb 2022 | Archive Date 24 Oct 2021
Cassava Republic, Cassava Republic Press

Talking about this book? Use #WildImperfections #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Featuring the work of Black women poets from Botswana to Brazil, in this collection, we encounter ancestors who made love, just for the sake of love, and women who die with each orgasm while attempting to mark the extent of their own humanities.

This is for the nuns, the singers, the clowns, the diviners and the conjurers who reject the constant attempt to clean up history. The wildly imperfect women of slick braids, shiny skin and succulent lips, building new homes from clouds for future legions.

Here congregate the women, womxn and womyn who do not believe in tough love that disguises hurt just to prove a point. They dance with the dead with exquisite feet, cheekbones high, reflecting their mothers' smiles.

Because no one claps for martyrs, these dirty/pretty women learn to walk cities like they own them, choosing the battles of their hearts.

If this collection teaches anything, it is that love is always messy, that our sacrament requires wet wipes and that we are just flesh and bone honing practice.

"puts Black women [womyn, womxn] where we know we belong, not at the margins of other people’s art … but at the helm of our own creative practice."

- Bernadine Evaristo, Booker Prize Winner, 2019

- Bernadine Evaristo, Booker Prize Winner, 2019

Marketing Plan

Preorder campaign that allows purchasers have their name included in their copy as well as signed A5 poster of cover image.

Dedicated preorder landing page www.wildimperfections.com

Press release to key press, bookstores and bloggers across all markets

Paid socials on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for awareness and conversion

Paid pushes on Amazon.

Prelaunch at Africa Writes Festival 2021.

Dedicated preorder landing page www.wildimperfections.com