Acoustics

Portland Symphony, Book 1

Pub Date 29 Oct 2021 | Archive Date 15 Jan 2022
Joyful Trans Romance, Independent Book Publishers Association (IBPA), Members' Titles

Talking about this book? Use #Acoustics #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

My sister told me to stay away from her roommate. I promised I would.

But I didn’t.

I didn’t mean for this to happen...I mean, yeah, maybe it was predictable when I started asking about his AI research and finding reasons to hang out, even when my sister wasn’t home. Looking back, we never should've slow danced alone like that. But with Chance, goofing around melted into messing around easier than butter on hot bread. It’s not fair to keep our relationship a secret, but how can I tell my sister I betrayed her trust?

And when the truth comes out, how can I keep both the people I care about most?

Acoustics is the first book in the Portland Symphony series, a steamy trans romance series set in Oregon. It contains robot talk, found family, and a happily ever after. It’s not intended for readers under eighteen or readers who don’t want to read explicit LGBTQ sex scenes. CW for the death of a fish.

My sister told me to stay away from her roommate. I promised I would.

But I didn’t.

A Note From the Publisher

Ebook (9781952172236)

Ebook (9781952172236)

EDITION Paperback
ISBN 9781952172243

Send To Kindle (MOBI)

THE. MOST. RELATABLE. LOVE. INTEREST. “My sweet, dominant, anxious love.” “My resonance. My matching wave.” ~ Tropes ~ - Sister’s roommate - Single POV - Trans love-interest - HEA guarantee - Low-angst - Secret relationship - bi/pan MC - Insta-lust - Himbo x Nerd A delightful story of a young queer man who falls in love with his sister’s roommate. I really enjoyed this book. I couldn’t put it down. The romance was very sweet and the sex scene were quite hot; I really liked that Chance — very unique name, by the way — was both the top and dominant in the relationship. He’s very relatable too: he’s shy, a computer nerd and a bookworm, but in bed he becomes this very confident and sexy person, and I loved that. Whenever I read a book with a trans MC/love-interest, they are always portrayed as very submissive and not knowing what they what — not that there’s anything wrong with that, but I wanted to read something new and fresh — but Chance is totally different from that. And yes, he still has insecurities and is very shy, but who isn’t. Then there’s Colby, the nicest and most confident person ever; he’s also a flirt who is afraid of robots… yeah, robots. I loved how he did research on trans people because he wasn’t very educated about it and didn’t want to make Chance uncomfortable, i also loved how he would always ask Chance about certain things so he wouldn’t say something hurtful or make him feel uncomfortable or undesired. I also liked the found family that formed between Chance and Colby’s friends/housemates, although I would have liked the author to expand more on that. Also the author implied that Hillary - Colby’s sister - has a bad relationship with her parents, even Colby mentioned it a bit, but the author never expanded on that. I hope the author do so in the next books in the series. Another thing I didn’t like was the use of parenthesis in the book because they make me feel disjointed from the story, but that’s just a personal preference. Besides the book is very well-written and the pacing is great, so you won’t even notice it. Overall, great book and I can’t wait to read the other books in the series.

Delightful. Poignant. Cheerful. Worth the time and pages. An exciting and strong read that offers much enjoyment. Fast-paced and edgy. The transgender theme is brilliant and done quite well. A caring and supportive book that is socially right for our times. A sweet and enjoyable love story with a few fun twists and turns. Remarkable dialogue. Strong setting. A promising build-up with an enchanting ending. A suitable read for all. Highly memorable and recommended.

Let me just start by saying… this book isn’t even officially out yet, and I already can’t wait for the rest of the series. Colby’s sister Hilary has a new roommate, and he’s specifically promised her that he would not make a move on him. But it’s not breaking the promise if Chance makes the first move…right? Acoustics is less than 200 pages, but it's stuffed full of so much sweetness. Colby and Chance have an instant connection and their new relationship is sneaky, sexy, and fun. Chance is shy, nerdy, and sweet—and he’s surpassingly confident and dominant in bed, which was so enjoyable to read. Colby is outgoing, energetic, and incredibly considerate. He cares so much for Chance and puts thought and consideration into educating himself about transgender people so that he doesn’t make Chance uncomfortable. The connection and heat between them is passionate and undeniable, and the sex scenes are incredibly well written and very hot. They both really bring out the best in each other, and it’s impossible to not be fall in love with them and the way they love each other.
The entire story is short and sweet. All of the supporting characters are well written and the dialogue flows nicely. This book is flirty, fun, sexy, and has well written LGBTQ+ representation in the main and supporting characters. It’s a relatively low drama, high love, high heat book that I’d reread any day.

Acoustics is a trans M/M romance and the start of the Portland Symphony series. It may also be London Price’s debut book but I’m not 100% sure on that. I believe that this may be the first trans-masc romance that I’ve read, or at least the first one I’ve read in a very long time, and I was blown away. The book itself is short (about 100ish pages) and therefore the story moves quickly and kept things engaging. Colby and Chance are our two heroes. Colby is bi or pan and his sister is roommates with Colby who is trans masculine. Colby’s sister makes him promise not to get involved with Chance which means they have to hide their relationship. I really really really liked both Colby and Chance. I felt like Chance’s character as a trans man was treated with a lot of dignity and respect. I liked that he actually got to masculine. I especially loved that Chance was the more dominant person in the relationship. Their relationship was super steamy and also deeply emotional. I really enjoyed the book as a whole and am looking forward to reading the next book in the series. Thank you to NetGalley and Joyful Trans Romance for the ARC.

This had so much potential! It is a trans MM romance and it's totally my favorite genre of contemporary adult romance, but this one is just too short to really give you any sort of character development. It kind of just throws you into the deep end and expects you to know all these people are except you don't. Now our main character, Colby, is super extroverted and flirty and fun and he has a bad habit of sleeping with his sisters friends and roommates and so when his sister gets a new roommate, she makes him promise that he won't try and flirt with him. Except her new roommate is just too intriguing for Colby. Chance is quiet and introverted and super nerdy yet also very dominant when it comes to physical and sexual encounters. It was a great dichotomy for a character and I really loved him. I wish we had more of Colby and Chance's interactions before they jumped into sex. We kind of lose the part where they get to know each other because instead of actually allowing the reader to experience that, the author does a time jump where all of a sudden now they know each other better and are friends. Don't get me wrong, I still really enjoy this one and I'll probably be the next one in the series. I was extra pleasantly surprised that the trans character was the dominant one in the sexual aspect of the relationship because a lot of the time and trans adult romance, the trans character is either shy or insecure or just generally submissive. There is nothing inherently better about either one of those traits, it is just more uncommon to have dominant trans characters and it was great. Bi/pan MC, trans gay MC

I really enjoyed this! I don’t often see adult novels with trans characters so it was really refreshing. The characters were enjoyable and the plot was easy to follow.

I enjoyed every page of this book. There was steam, there was goofiness, it was so cute, and made me feel so cosy. The reason I gave it 4/5 was mostly due to the conflict. It felt like the story’s conflict was just written in because of the ‘books need drama’ idea? It’s not that it was bad because it was a brilliant plot line, but I really felt a disconnect between that section and the rest. But the rest of it was adorable. Even the side characters (minus the Boss!) were great, and I would love to read their stories too! It was just a fluffy book, and I definitely enjoyed reading it! Also, I have to mention how much I appreciated the top trans man representation!! It’s a thing we so rarely see, and I just loved that Chance was shown to be comfortable as a dominant top because we need that rep. In summary: adorable m/m romance, great trans rep, warm fuzzy feeling inside!

Review copy obtained through NetGalley. Thank you for the chance! . I really liked reading Acoustics by London Price, A really nice reading experience to begin the day with! I hadn't read before a novel in which the main character gets involved with their sibling's roommate, but I loved it! Also, it always beautiful to get the chance to read books with trans representation!