In this Foreign Land

A romantic and page-turning WW1 saga

Pub Date 25 Nov 2021 | Archive Date Not set

Talking about this book? Use #InthisForeignLand #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

'I beg of you this one thing – that if I should perish here, in this foreign land, that you will look after her.'

March, 1914. When talented artist Isobel embarks on a journey to Egypt, it's to reunite her best friend Alice with her husband, Wilfred - and to use the stunning sights of Cairo as inspiration for her own paintings.

A whirlwind romance was the last thing she expected, but when Isobel meets Wilfred's handsome brother, Edward, neither can deny the strong connection between them - especially when unexpected tragedy strikes, leaving them all reeling.

Just as they get to grips with their grief, WW1 erupts, and the lovers are forced to separate. They promise to meet again in London. But when Edward is listed as 'missing - presumed dead' just weeks after landing in France, Isobel is devastated, unmarried and on the brink of ruin. She has only one way to save her honour... but it means betraying the love she holds so dear.

A heartrending and thrilling WW1 romance, In This Foreign Land is the stunning new debut from Suzie Hull, for fans of Kate Hewitt, Shirley Dickson and Kate Eastham.

EDITION Ebook

Send to Kindle (MOBI)

A heart wrenchingly good read, this epic love story is masterfully handled by the author.

Beautiful light touch description that sets the scenes and locations perfectly, whilst not impacting the pace. The dialogue adds to the richness and the credibility of the characters and the depiction of family relationships is superbly executed.

Most of all though this is a cracking good story and an excellent read. I devoured it in three sittings and found myself racing to the end, whilst also not wanting it to finish. I absolutely loved it and can't wait to read more from the author.

Highly recommend.