Mike Nero and The Superhero School

Pub Date 1 Feb 2022 | Archive Date 15 Feb 2022
Purple Butterfly Press, Independent Book Publishers Association (IBPA), Members' Titles

Talking about this book? Use #MikeNeroandTheSuperheroSchool #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Mike's new at school and worried about being different. He meets a diverse group of new friends with disabilities and learns that being different gives us each "super" powers.

A Note From the Publisher

Paperback 978-1-955119-03-0

Ebook 978-1-955119-04-7

EDITION Hardcover
ISBN 9781955119023

Mike is anxious about his new school, but he meets some new kids with all sorts of disabilities, blindness, deafness, Autism, ADHD, and sees that they've all really got superpowers. Mike, who has CP, isn't sure how he'll fit in amongst all the superhero kids but is assured that he will fit in just fine. This book does a nice job explaining what disabilities look like and what kind of behaviors and accommodations accompany them. A great book for helping young children understand kids with disabilities.

Such a wonderful book! As a reader it was well written, succinct and a heartwarming topic. This is a book I will be getting for our library and recommending it to our P-6 teachers. We live in a world where we need more open dialogue about what each other go through even when it isn't visible. This book find a way to bring that out and highlight the importance of acknowledging individual circumstances while remaining kind and welcoming to others. The illustrations in this book are just as beautiful as the story itself.