Star Revelations

Pub Date 6 Nov 2021 | Archive Date 26 Feb 2022

Talking about this book? Use #StarRevelations #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Get their attention before it's too late... The Quiet War has begun...

Acclaimed journalist and media celebrity Diana Willis can snag the inside scoop and truth on any story. But when her helicopter mysteriously malfunctions and plummets to the ground, everything changes, sending Diana down a maze of murderous intrigue and confusion. Waking up from a coma 8 weeks after the crash, she struggles with the recurring dreams that reveal an extraordinary past life. Now, Diana's hellbent on uncovering the secrets about those past memories.

Delving into a world of mind control and past lives, the truth is more terrifying than she ever imagined as she travels back in time to face the perpetrators of America's most confidential and sinister projects. Teaming up with an unlikely ally, an elusive interdimensional mentor from her other life, Diana is able to restore her psychic and telepathic powers. Suddenly, they're in more danger than ever before as their enemies seek world domination through mind control and media manipulation. Can Diana expose the truth and save the world before it's too late?

Get their attention before it's too late... The Quiet War has begun...

Send to Kindle (MOBI)

Thank you Steven Paul Terry, Netgalley and Hero Acts LLC for this free copy in exchange for a review.

This novel focuses on controversial stuff that a lot of people aren't aware of. I wonder how many people read it and have no idea how much it is based on reality.

The book gets 4 stars from me because of the importance of the story and because it kept my attention. I removed one star because of the lack of characterization.

This was a good enough read that I plan to continue with the series.

Picked Star Revelations up to read whilst taking a break from reading a heavy-duty Sci-Fi novel. I found Star Revelations a surprisingly intelligent, fascinating and suspenseful read. You can add to that atmospheric, eerie and tense.
Why wasn't this pushed more by the publishers on its release? Perhaps it was in America, and I am being unfair. Needless to say, I thought this was a cracking read, a totally unexpected gem of a book, straight out of the X-files cabinet. Terms such as Stargate, Teleportation, Time-Travel all figure within the narrative, as does DARPA and a comic reference to Men in Black. So this gives you a clue just what to expect from this gripping Sci-Fi thriller.
The description doesn't do the book justice, but I am not going to begin to start dishing out spoilers here. The book is captivating enough before the helicopter crash. What happens after that sets off a phenomenal chain of events that make for a spellbinding story.
I like novels involving supernatural and mysterious circumstances, with slightly more plausible reasons than just the usual paranoia, and Star Revelations certainly fits the bill. The book is insightful, visionary and full of engaging characters. The book explores some dark themes but incredibly absorbing ones, illustrating the uniqueness of the narrative.
Everything about the narrative feels so realistic and not so far-fetched. Government domination through mind control and media manipulation is no longer paranoia. Social media manipulation of public opinion is a growing threat to democracies around the world, according to the 2020 media manipulation survey from a University of Oxford institute. This comes after it found evidence in each of the 81 countries surveyed.
Big businesses are more or less already telling us what to buy (thanks, Amazon). Okay, psychic and telepathic powers may be beyond our remit as yet, but in the future, who knows.
I found Star Revelations quite sobering, revealing and thrilling. I look forward to the next instalment.
Thank you, NetGalley and BooksGoSocial, for the ARC.

A solid sci-fi tale. Well-written and well-plotted. Good stuff. I hope this author writes more like this.

Thanks very much for the free review copy!!

This was a solid sci-fi book, one i could really enjoy.
The writing style is amazing, it has really flown effortlessly. Loved the build up of suspense, looking forward to seeing more from the writer!