Small Gods

Pub Date 4 Mar 2013 | Archive Date 1 Feb 2022

Talking about this book? Use #PickUpAPratchett #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

'Deftly weaves themes of forgiveness, belief and spiritual regeneration' The Times

The Discworld is very much like our own - if our own were to consist of a flat planet balanced on the back of four elephants which stand on the back of a giant turtle, that is . . .

'Just because you can't explain it, doesn't mean it's a miracle.'

In the beginning was the Word. And the Word was: 'Hey, you!' This is the Discworld, after all, and religion is a controversial business.

Everyone has their own opinion, and indeed their own gods, of every shape and size, and all elbowing for space at the top. In such a competitive environment, shape and size can be pretty crucial to make one's presence felt.

So it's certainly not helpful to be reduced to appearing in the form of a tortoise, a manifestation far below god-like status in anyone's book.

In such instances, you need an acolyte, and fast: for the Great God Om, Brutha the novice is the Chosen One – or at least the only One available. He wants peace and justice and brotherly love. He also wants the Inquisition to stop torturing him now, please . . .
___________________

The Discworld novels can be read in any order but Small Gods is a standalone novel.

PRICE CA$21.95 (CAD)