Flinch

Pub Date 28 Oct 2021 | Archive Date 17 Feb 2022

A selection of twenty-five poems that traverse the line between personal mythologies, fairytale, and brutal fact.

"By turns playful, astute, and moving." - Jen Campbell

"By turns playful, astute, and moving." - Jen Campbell

EDITION Paperback

Send to Kindle (MOBI)

This is a very well done book of poetry. The poems are beautiful and relatable and I found myself wanting to share some of them with friends. I would enjoy more poetry from this poet and will keep an eye out for future collections.

This is a lovely beautifully written collection of poems that I really enjoyed. Some of the ones I particularly enjoyed were Land Mammal, The Moor, and Shadow Puppets. I really enjoyed this book of poems and will definitely be looking out for more from the writer in the future.

I always love this author's work, and in this collection her talent for sharing moments and making them lyrical once again shines.

There's something really powerful in the way she writes, and this collection is again proof of that - particularly in moments such as 'Shadow Puppets' 'Elowen' and poignantly 'Slabs' which is just so striking when it comes to those moments poetically that just hit you.

A fantastic collection!

a beautiful poetry collection. thoughtful and emotional. ellie uses gorgeous descriptions which allow the reader to recall visualize the words on paper in a sensory way. highly recommend Flinch to anyone who wants to read a short collection of meaningful and well written poems.