The Living Mountain
A Fable of Our Times
by Amitav Ghosh
Send NetGalley books directly to your Kindle or Kindle app
To read on a Kindle or Kindle app, please add firstname.lastname@example.org as an approved email address to receive files in your Amazon account. Click here for step-by-step instructions.
Also find your Kindle email address within your Amazon account, and enter it here.
Pub Date 25 Apr 2022 | Archive Date Not set
HarperCollins Publishers India, 4th estate
A new story from internationally renowned author Amitav Ghosh, The Living Mountain is a cautionary tale of how we have systematically exploited nature, leading to an environmental collapse.
Recounted as a dream, this is a fable about Mahaparbat, the Living Mountain; the indigenous valley dwellers who live and prosper in its shelter; the assault on the mountain for commercial benefit by the Anthropoi, humans whose sole aim is to reap the bounty of nature; and the disaster that unfolds as a result.
The Living Mountain is especially relevant today when we have been battling a pandemic and are facing a climate catastrophe: both of which are products of our insufficient understanding of mankind’s relationship with nature, and our sustained appropriation and abuse of natural resources. This is a book of our times, for our times, and it will resonate strongly with readers of all ages.
• The first book to ever publish from 4th estate simultaneously in Hindi, English and Audio
• The Living Mountain is a cautionary tale of how we have systematically exploited nature, leading to an environmental collapse.
• This is a book of our times, for our times, and it will resonate strongly with readers of all ages.
• A modern fable from an internationally renowned writer on climate change and environment
• A book written during the pandemic, on how mankind has interfered with nature, which in turn has rebounded on us with disastrous consequences
Available on NetGalley
Average rating from 7 members
Readers who liked this book also liked:
Cary J Hansson
Michael G. Long