ANGEL TOWN

Pub Date 16 Jun 2022 | Archive Date 8 Aug 2022

Talking about this book? Use #ANGELTOWN #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

A doomsday cult. A stolen innocence. A reckoning.

What if you were born into a doomsday cult and knew nothing of the outside world?

What if everything you’d been told was a lie?

The clock is ticking …

Wayward teenager, Lola, is stunned when, out of the blue, she is summoned by her leader. Oblivious to the resentment her promotion has whipped up and determined to shine, she enters Michael’s inner sanctum.

Single mother and activist, Donna’s search for her son takes her from Brighton to Edenville, a once-peaceful commune in the Colorado desert. Trouble is brewing. The guards on the gate are armed. No one can leave; no visitors allowed.

But who is Michael? And what exactly is his agenda? As the line between what's true and what is not grows increasingly blurred, time is fast running out …

The inspiration behind Angel Town:

“I was a teenager in the eighties and wanted to travel the world, but my mother wouldn’t allow it. She was convinced I would fall in love and join a cult. ‘It’s what girls did in those days,’ she is fond of telling me. She had a point, cults such as The People’s Temple, The Branch Davidians, The Children of God, and The Bagwan Shree Rajneesh, were grabbing global headlines at the time. But having read Philosophy at university, where my religious beliefs were actively drummed out of me, I was convinced I could never be taken in by the nonsense spouted by a superficially charming person and give up everything – family, wealth, possessions – to blindly follow. However, during my research I discovered that under the right conditions, plenty of sane, intelligent people do. No one, it seems, is immune.”

A doomsday cult. A stolen innocence. A reckoning.

What if everything you’d been told was a lie?

The clock is...

‘A dark story of manipulation, misdirection and misplaced faith that reminds us that the only devils are the ones who walk among us.’

B S Casey

‘Absolutely loved it. What a rollercoaster read. Hooked from start to finish.’

Dreda Say Mitchell.

‘There’s nothing I like better than a story about a religious cult and they don’t come much better than Angel Town. I read this in two sittings, it was that exciting ...’

Veronika Jordan

‘This book will win the author a whole new audience for her writing.’

Anne Williams

‘Damn this book left me in tears.’

Zelda Featz

‘Look out for this one, it's going to be a popular book!’

Melissa Butler

‘A flawlessly mysterious story about a cult … outstanding.’

Intriga

‘By the end, I was holding my breath waiting to see what was going to happen next! Get ahold of a copy of this and you won’t be disappointed!’

2manybooks2littletime

B S Casey

‘Absolutely loved it. What a rollercoaster read...

Send to Kindle (EPUB)