How to Develop Resilience in your Children
5 Strategies for raising children to have GRIT
by Daniel Alexander
This title was previously available on NetGalley and is now archived.
Send NetGalley books directly to your Kindle or Kindle app
To read on a Kindle or Kindle app, please add firstname.lastname@example.org as an approved email address to receive files in your Amazon account. Click here for step-by-step instructions.
Also find your Kindle email address within your Amazon account, and enter it here.
Pub Date 21 May 2022 | Archive Date 9 Jul 2022
Do you fear seeing your child feeling like a failure because they can’t handle frustrations?
Do you want them to grow up strong and be able to persevere despite disappointments?
Do you want them to be good at dealing with challenges and rise up after they’ve been knocked down by problems?
These desires are normal… because as a parent or guardian, you want the best for your child.
This is where grit comes in – it’s more important than talent. It’s even more crucial than intelligence. Forbes reports that the secret ingredient to success is grit.
So, equip yourself with the strategies that will allow you to empower your child so they can succeed in life… and be forever thankful for what you’ve done.
In How to Develop Your Children to Be Resilient, you will discover:
- 5 characteristics of grit — and why your child needs it
- How to help your kid overcome the fear of failure
- Why overprotecting your kid can hinder them from developing mental strength
- What the predictor of success is — and how you can help them nurture this ability
- How to cultivate a growth mindset so your child will keep pursuing their dreams, even if they’re not sure whether they can do it
- An age-by-age guide on how to help your child manage emotions
- How to motivate your child after they make mistakes
- What you can do if your child is highly emotional to help them cope with intense feelings
- Why praising your child for their accomplishments can sometimes be bad — and what you should do instead
- How to encourage perseverance in your child without pressuring them
- How grit can help your child overcome a mental health crisis
- And much more.
This guide will teach you how to help them stand on their own without involving yourself too much.
In the end, the goal is to help your child become an independent, strong adult. Set them up for a lifetime of success by helping them build up their grit – starting today! So
This book is written with incredible wisdom, intelligence and insight. It is a really valuable tool for any parent as they navigate the frustrations and challenges of helping their child grow into a resilient and happy individual.
Average rating from 4 members
An excellent read, with some useful information, tips and strategies and great ideas to use both at home and at school
In such a cruel world, I’ve been looking for some help on how to navigate my children through society. Thank you for the arc. This was helpful.
Great book. Lots of insights, tips, ideas, and great information. I got a lot out of this book I will not only use in parenting but in my own life.
Readers who liked this book also liked:
J P Pomare
Taylor Jenkins Reid
Helen Monks Takhar