The Book Swap

Pub Date 26 Aug 2022 | Archive Date 26 Aug 2022

Talking about this book? Use #TheBookSwap #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Newly-separated Laura is back home living with her mum. She spends her days reading and escaping from the realities of her new life alone - until that life suddenly becomes more complicated than she could ever have imagined.

When a novel received from an online book swap contains a chilling note, Laura has to overcome her own fears to help a stranger.

First, she must uncover just exactly who is it that needs to be saved, and from what.

Send to Kindle (EPUB)

Good book! This book was definitely a light read! It did have some suspense, intrigue, mystery, and some what the heck is going on?! Lol it was a quick good read! I will recommend reading this book as it was well worth reading! Thank you Netgalley and the publisher for sharing this book with me!

what a fantastic read, thank you Netgalley and the publisher for the opportunity to review this book. I could not put it down.

JE Rowney has written a wonderful emotional mystery. Laura is lost and feeling the pain of a marriage breakdown. Then a disturbing note falls from the book she received from an internet book swap club. Laura finds the strength to team with new friend Carley and track down the person who wrote the note. The novel is full of drama and intrigue that leads to a rewarding ending. Great writing and excellent story worthy of five stars.

I had never heard of this author before but the cover and the description were definitely my thing, and I couldn't wait to start. I was not disappointed. I finished this book in two days and found it hard to put it down. I was curious where the story was going and had many theories - which none turned out to be true.

The story was fast paced and was straight in with the action, which is something I love with thriller books. Laura, the main character was believable and like her, I suffer with depression and use books as an escape. When she started trying to find out where the note came from, I wondered where it would lead and the trouble that could be caused. And I wasn't wrong.

When the plot started to come out I was surprised and it definitely wasn't what I expected, but I did enjoy it and found that the author kept me hooked and thrilled to the very last page. I would highly recommend for a quick read that will keep you on the edge of your seat.

I received a copy of this from netgalley for an honest review.

I enjoyed this book. Laura participates in a book swap with a member of her online book swap group and it comes with a mysterious and worrying note - help me. And so she sets out to find out who sent it and why.
I can see why others might not connect with Laura, but actually I thought she was quite real, with genuine emotional response to her life situation.

This book is a quick, easy read. A bit like cosy crime in the thriller genre. I zipped through it, keen to find out what was going to happen. I would definitely read more by this author.

Thanks to the author, publishers and NetGalley for an ARC of this book in exchange for review.

Heat book! Fast paced and interesting, it is more than a thriller/mystery as it explores deep emotion and personal change. I really liked the writing style and found the characterisation and dialogue very convincing.

If you found a note saying "help me" in a second-hand book, what would you do?

With thanks to #NetGalley for an advanced copy of this book for an honest review.

The book started off slightly slow, the part that held my attention was the book swap, as I am part of a book swap group. Smiling along at little similarities until the twist hits, a note in the book Laura has been sent. From there the book gripped me and I found it very enjoyable.

A quick, easy and suspenseful read with a good amount of twists to make me wuestion what was going on. An enjoyable read.

In The Book Swap by J.E. Rowney, the reader meets Laura, who is on leave from work for depression after separating from her husband. She is back living with her mother and doing a lot of reading. A two-worded note found in her book swap exchange sets her life on a self-discovery course and helps her reevaluate what she wants out of her life.

Laura mets a new friend, and they set off to find answers and get more than they bargained for. Laura eventually discovers how confident and competent she was all along and what was truly important to her.

I liked the ending and her forming the book club. The story held my interest, and once you got passed the first third, it began to pick up and become fast-paced.

I would recommend this book. It's a quick and pleasant story.

#TheBookSwap #NetGalley @LPOBryan

A story that is both entertaining and engrossing. The writing was fantastic and kept me on the edge of my seat. This was thrilling read.

Really enjoyed this book read in one sitting totally recommend
Thank You NetGalley and BooksGoSocial
I just reviewed The Book Swap by J.E. Rowney. #TheBookSwap #NetGalley

This was such a fun book to read. It is a fairly short book, but a delightful cast of characters with some mystery thrown in.
It is the characters that really make this story enjoyable.. Catherine who handles her struggling daughter with kid gloves. Laura whose separation and pending divorce has caused her to lose herself and confidence that she was usually able to muster for “at work” Laura has deserted her.
Carly who runs her own business and lives alone, and is lonely and aimless.
and the other characters that are woven into the mystery. A light hearted read but a gem of a book

I am writing this review for Net Galley.

What would you do if you received a book from a stranger one day, a note fell out of the book and all it said was Help Me?

In this story we are following Laura who is in the midst of a divorce and living with her mom. While trying to get over her divorce, Laura signed on to a book swap club. One day she received a parcel from one of the members of the book club and a note fell out that said Help Me. Laura's first instinct was to call the person in charge of the book club swap to get the name of the person who mailed it to her. Little did a quiet shy woman like Laura know her life was about to change.

I do not read a lot of books in this Genre. The title and description caught my eye. I really enjoyed reading about Laura's character and how she found her love of books. I also was very into the story whilst watching her go on this journey to try to help someone that she had never met. I highly recommend if you are looking for kind of a cozy thriller/mystery to read. The author did a good job adding a little bit of thriller into Laura's life when her favorite genre to read were thrillers. It made it even more fun to read.

Oh this was such a fun and easy read. Just devoured it with the morning coffees, well I am on holiday. Such a perfect read for the occasion. The author always delivers. Pure escapism

I was given an advance copy by netgalley and the publishers but the review is entirely my own.

This book started out slow for me until about halfway through then the twists started coming. How far will someone go to save someone they have never met? As avid readers we are all on these book swap sites on Facebook. If you received a book with a written message saying HELP ME, what would you do?? I also liked how the protagonist was able to find herself throughout this book and able to finally realize her worth. We all go through bad times in our lives but that does not have define who we become. Thank you NetGalley and J.E. Rowney for this ARC review. I would recommend this book!

Laura is struggling after her life falls apart, she moves in with her mom and spends her days getting lost in books until something unexpected happens. When Laura opens up her latest package from a book swap group, a note falls out, and Laura is left wondering whether she can help someone else if she can’t help herself.

I was in the mood to be creeped out and The Book Swap fit the bill! I loved that it was so mysterious and brought the element of being a book lover and avid reader into the story. I can honestly say I didn’t see the twists coming in this one, and I finished it in a day!

Thanks to netgalley for the chance to read this book.

When Laura receives a book from a book swap group on Facebook she discovers a note that says “HELP ME”. She initially contacts the person who sent the book and this starts a string on events that helps her overcome her fears and help a stranger. But first she must uncover who the note is from.

Brilliant read.

Thank you NetGalley for the advance copy in exchange for a honest review. Laura is living back with her mother following the break down of her marriage. She is struggling and still off work. Laura fills her days with reading and is a member of the Facebook group Book Swap. She receives a thriller in the post. When her Mum accidentally drops the book a note falls out saying Help Me. Laura sets about to find out who needs help and ends up putting herself in danger.

I needed some time to get into the story but from the middle of the book it just flew by. This was a quick and easy read. The story is really original. Liked all the characters and loved the last part of the book. This was my first read of the author but surely not the last.

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for the ARC.

Thank you to NetGalley for the ARC of this book. This book was a quick read. I enjoyed the character development of Laura and how she became more confident as the book went on. She and Carley were very brave and maybe even a little foolish in risking their own safety for someone they didn't even know. It was a fun ride and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a nice smooth read.

first of all thank you netgalley and the publisher for the ARC of the book swap - j.e. rowney!

this was my first book from this author and i was really intrigued by the title!
i felt a slight reading slump coming on so i read this & i am so glad i did, this is a fast paced, gripping and overall really interesting read! great amount of twists and thrill. i 100% recommend this book if youre into thrillers and need something fast paced, quick and interesting to get you back into the swing of reading!

The Book Swap
by J.E. Rowney
Thank you to NetGalley for the ARC of this book.
It was a good read. Not too long, but fun reading. Laura came out of her shell She and Carley were very brave and helped.