Sun Seekers

Buy on Amazon Buy on Waterstones.com
*This page contains affiliate links, so we may earn a small commission when you make a purchase through links on our site at no additional cost to you.

Pub Date 28 Nov 2023 | Archive Date 10 Jan 2024

Talking about this book? Use #SunSeekersNovel #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Six-year-old Gracie Lynn is perpetually curious and bighearted. Convinced she knows how to save her beloved grandfather John from the 'worm' that is eating his brain - a metaphor her mother once used to explain John's dementia and sundown syndrome - Gracie helps him break out of his nursing home, and the two disappear together on a quest to chase the sun.

But what's an adventure for Gracie is a nightmare scenario for her estranged parents, LeeAnn and Dan. There's no way to predict where John might have taken their young daughter, or if he's capable of keeping her safe.

An emotionally resonant novel, Sun Seekers artfully explores the truths of parenthood, the ways in which we sometimes hurt those we love most and the universal experience of deep loss - even when the person is still here.

Six-year-old Gracie Lynn is perpetually curious and bighearted. Convinced she knows how to save her beloved grandfather John from the 'worm' that is eating his brain - a metaphor her mother once used...

'Sun Seekers is my favorite type of novel: beautifully written prose delivering deep truths about family and the nature of grief. I absolutely loved it. Sun Seekers is an incredible debut by a writer to watch' - Brenda Janowitz, author of The Grace Kelly Dress

'In her impactful debut, Rachel McRady explores the intricate dynamics of a fractured family. Through multiple perspectives, she paints a poignant portrait of the complexities of relationships that resonate with us all' - Jo Piazza, author of We Are Not Like Them

'A vivid and often wise exploration of grief, told through the lens of alternating narrators... Sun Seekers explores how we grieve and who we love, despite our struggles to maintain a brave front in the aftermath of great loss' - Jaimee Wriston, author of How Not to Drown

'Rachel McRady's debut novel depicts the fabric of family dynamics in the voices of well-developed engaging characters. The emotional connections across multi-generations are genuine and kept me turning pages until the finale' - Suzanne Leopold, Suzy Approved Book Reviews

'Sun Seekers is my favorite type of novel: beautifully written prose delivering deep truths about family and the nature of grief. I absolutely loved it. Sun Seekers is an incredible debut by a writer...

EDITION Paperback