The Dream Haunters

A Metaphysical Mystery of Magick

Book 1 of Witches of Maple Hollow

Pub Date 3 Oct 2024 | Archive Date 31 Dec 2024

Talking about this book? Use #witchesofmaplehollow #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Hannah Skye, a young woman in search of meaning, receives a cryptic letter from her missing and eccentric Aunt Jewelia. Her experience of a recurring powerful pumpkin patch dream unfolds into a spiritual journey to a mysterious island of eternal autumn, Maple Hollow, where she discovers the mystical Skye Manor and her magickal family legacy.

Haunted by shapeshifters bent on trapping people in their nightmares, Hannah, with the help of wise villagers and feline companions (including a talking cat dream guide), must solve the riddle, unlock her powers, and dive into the dream dimension to save her aunt by Halloween night, when the veil between the worlds is thinnest.

Escape into this metaphysical mystery of magick, where spells, music, and dreams converge in a vortex of secret societies and spiritual inheritance. Travel beyond time and space into a world of unexpected portals, ancient traditions, and dreamscapes.

A Note From the Publisher

Goodreads https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/215187831-the-dream-haunters

Amazon Account Forthcoming!

Goodreads https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/215187831-the-dream-haunters

Amazon Account Forthcoming!

"A riveting read. An immersive experience into the world of enchantment, dreams, transformation, and a coming of age whereby we can choose to trust the power of our intuition and spirit guides to come home to ourselves." - Lisa Tahir, author of, The Chiron Effect: Healing Our Core Wounds through Astrology, Empathy, and Self- Forgiveness.

"On occasion, I see an artist put a piece of their soul into one of their works that resonates so well in my own that it almost feels familiar. This book was one of those times.

In the library of the books I've read, it is truly one of a kind.” – Lorelei Chamberlain

Marketing Plan

Entered into the BookLife Prize for Mystery 2024.

Submitted to Publishers Weekly and Reader's Favorite.

Megan Mary has been featured on over 60 podcasts and is nominated as an Expert Guest for the Women in Podcasting Awards 2024.

Also available in Paperback and Hardcover pre-order in September.
Audiobook will be available for review in August or September.

Entered into the BookLife Prize for Mystery 2024.

Submitted to Publishers Weekly and Reader's Favorite.

EDITION Ebook
PRICE
PAGES 222

Send to Kindle (EPUB)

⭐⭐⭐⭐
If you like metaphysics and spiritual awakenings you will enjoy this book. It feels like it should be NA or YA due to the content and the story about the FMC's magical awakening.

The main character, Hannah is likeable and the story flows continuously between the waking world and the dream world.

The story paints a detailed picture of Maple Hollow. She travels there, hoping to uncover more information about the disappearance of her Aunt Jewelia.

I would have liked more interaction between her and the Dream Haunters as their interactions felt too brief.

I received this book in exchange for an honest review from NetGalley. All opinions are my own.

My review will be posted in the following location on the 25th June.

"She was deep in the shadows, trying to find her way back up. Carefully choosing which mask to wear, which person she’d try to be. Anyone but herself."

Hannah is sure of only a few things: that she is down on her luck, and that she feels a powerful, unexplained draw to Maples Hollow... where her estranged Aunt Jewelia had just disappeared.
She does not know of her metaphysical heritage and the powers she possesses or that they are her Aunt's only hope of rescue. Can she figure it out in time?

This is the debut book of a new series, The Witches of Maple Hollow.

Tropes:
discovering a fated destiny
good v evil
powerful heroine
reunited family/found family
magick/metaphysical ability

content warnings:
previous death of family members is mentioned (but occurs off page)
a handful of on-page fight scenes (no excessive gore or violence)

what I liked:
when I tell you that I LOVE this prose....

"Raindrops sprawled like the roots of a fast-growing weed, then descended like the long legs of deep red wine cascading down an oversized cabernet glass."

The story is painted with vivid words that perfectly encapsulate the feeling of autumn; the sense of Halloween and pre-winter  possibilities and the awe that comes only alongside beauty that you know is fleeting.
This book made me feel like I was nestled in a forest of changing leaves with a comforting cup of coffee in my hands.

"She had always felt like her lifeblood had been slowed, darkened. It didn’t run as quick, light, and fast as everyone else."

"As she stared at the waning gibbous moon, she realized that the moon was teaching her all the time. Sometimes we stand in our brightness, sometimes we sit in our darkness, but at all times we must balance both sides of ourselves."

what I didn't like:
I'd love to see more of the dream haunters, but I suspect we will get more of them in upcoming books.
This book has a few errors common in self published works. Some sections are edited more thoroughly than others. Some sections flow extremely well while others are more abrupt. We encounter occasional issues like passive voice and head hopping (though not terribly frequent). I might normally take off stars for that, but I dont think I will this time, given that there are entire sections of this book that I want to print, frame, and hang on my walls to reread regularly. This is such a rare occurrence for me that I'm leaving my rating for this book at 5 stars.

Thank you to netgalley for providing me with an ARC copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I really liked this book. I feel like there was a little bit of everything and would definitely be worth a read especially during spooky season

Loved this one! Great and fun read. Highly recommend.
Many thanks to the publisher, Netgalley, and the author for my ARC.

I recently finished a quick and easy read that kept me hooked from start to finish.
I'm excited to see how the next books in the series unfold because this author might just become one of my new go to authors!

The story is painted with such vivid and evocative words that you can almost feel the crisp autumn air, the sense of Halloween magic, and the fleeting beauty of the season. It's like stepping into a beautifully illustrated fall-themed dream. The main character, Hannah, is incredibly likeable, and the narrative seamlessly transitions between the waking world and the dream world, making it a delight to follow.

Maple Hollow, the setting, is so richly detailed that it feels like a character itself. Hannah's journey there, driven by the mystery of her Aunt Jewelia's disappearance, is both captivating and atmospheric. I found myself wishing for more interaction with the Dream Haunters—those moments were tantalizingly brief—but I’m hopeful we'll see more of them in future books. And you can bet I'll be ready to dive in when they arrive.

This book does have some of the typical quirks you might find in self-published works. There are areas where the editing feels more polished than others. Some parts of the story flow smoothly, while others come across a bit more choppy. From time to time, you might spot issues like passive voice and head-hopping, though these aren't overly common.

Overall, this book is a perfect autumn treat despite the fact that I’m reading it during the summer. You’ll probably catch me reading it again when fall time rolls around. It blends mystery, fantasy, and a touch of the supernatural in a way that's both engaging and enchanting. The author's talent for creating a vivid atmosphere and an intriguing plot has definitely piqued my interest for the rest of the series. If you enjoy stories with a mix of reality and fantasy, and characters that feel genuine and relatable, this book is a must-read. I can't wait to see where the story goes next!

Wow, I really loved this book! The Dream Haunters hooked me right from the start. The story follows Hannah Skye, a young woman searching for meaning, who gets a mysterious letter from her missing and quirky Aunt Jewelia. This kicks off a wild adventure with dreams, guiding Hannah along on her journey of discovery. She is led to the mysterious island of Maple Hollow and Skye Manor which uncovers her family's mystical history.

The plot is full of twists and turns, with Hannah encountering shapeshifters trying to trap people in nightmares. She teams up with wise villagers and some feline friends (including a talking cat dream guide!) to solve a riddle, unlock her powers, and dive into the dream world to save her aunt before Halloween, when the veil between worlds is thinnest.

One thing I really loved about this book was how it wove spiritual growth messages into the story. These insights really spoke to me and gave me several lightbulb moments as I read. It was like getting little nuggets of wisdom while enjoying a great story.

The characters are so well-written and endearing. Aunt Jewelia, in particular, stood out with her eccentric and mysterious personality. I found myself wanting to know more about her story and hoping there will be more books to explore her character. The descriptions of Aunt Jewelia's house were so vivid that I could actually see it in my mind's eye.

As I got towards the end, I had this funny feeling—I didn't want to finish the book because I was enjoying it so much, but I also couldn't wait to see what happened next. It's rare to find a book that makes you feel that way!

I can't wait for this book to be out in print. I'll definitely be buying a few copies for myself and my online store. If you love a mix of mystery, magic, and spiritual wisdom, you need to read The Dream Haunters. It's an enchanting escape into a world of ancient traditions, dreamscapes, and hidden secrets. Highly recommend!