The Killer Inside

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: Not set

This book was very good, it was a different take on a relationship story with dark undertones.
I enjoyed it and it makes a good read.
How do you ever know your partner?  What secrets do they hide?
You will enjoy discovering the whole truth.....
Brilliant ! I loved this book so much :) I always really look forward to Cass’ books and this was no exception.
With thanks to Netgalley and the publishers for the ARC, which I have enjoyed reading.
This was a very interesting psychological thriller by Cass Green, The Killer Inside was full of twists and turns, lies and deceit and was a very clever, entertaining and interesting read.
Anastasia or Anya as she was known was a female without remorse who killed and threatened people without any concern for right or wrong or the consequences of her behaviour on other people. Patrick and Julia would always be there to help conceal what she had done.
It is after her marriage to Elliott and the birth of her child, Olivia that everything comes to a head and she and her parents must pay the consequences of her behaviour.
Highly recommended.
I really liked the cover. It is very appealing designed. The writing style is pleasant and very fluently to read. The characters are very well described and look well thought out and consistently interesting. The tension is always present. The descriptions of surroundings, feelings and scenes were also very good. The story is told pleasant and it succeeds from the first pages to dive directly into the story. The storyline as a whole is very coherent and it seems very understandable and authentic. A very fascinating story that you won't like to stop reading.
It took me a while to get into this, but once I did - Oh My Gosh - I couldn't put it down. Read in one sitting and loved.

Thank you to NetGalley and to the publisher for allowing me to read a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
A truly thought provoking book
How far would you go for your child? Would you lie for them ? Would you help cover up terrible things?
I read this book have to say I had no idea what was going to happen next,like a ball of wool the lies and horror unrolled
I thought would I do what Anya s parents did for her? I cannot tell you as I hope never to be in such a position but this book made me think and will do for a long time
This honestly had me gripped by the end of the first chapter. The characters are cleverly drawn, with more layers than an onion! I'd find myself planning on reading for an hour before bed, only to sit up all night reading, unable to put my kindle down.
Brilliantly written, with excellent characters, this really is one book, everyone should read!
A hard book to review as it was very good, unexpected and a twist but what do you write without giving anything away? So I'm sorry my reviews are short for this one. I do recommend it though as it kept me up half the night reading it.
I very nearly gave up reading this book when the two stories still hadn’t fitted together at almost the half way point and I was losing interest   Eventually the ends tied together and a reasonable ending ensued.
The book is a very slow starter. The mystery was suspenseful enough. But I hate when two or more stories are combined. Sorry but I’m not too bright and things gets confusing.
But the book was not bad. Definitely a one time read.

Note: I received a free e-copy of the book via Net Galley in exchange for an honest review. Special thanks to the author and publisher for giving me a chance to read it.
Dark suspense, domestic noir if you like, which, whilst a little slow to start, soon began in earnest and kept momentum until the last page. Credible characterisation and well plotted with twists and turns along the way. A chilling read.
The Killer Inside by Cass Green is a gripping, unputdownable read that I enjoyed.  The story centres around the marriage of Elliot and Anya, two people that think they know everything about each other, but don't.  4 stars
Elliot believes he has a good marriage to Anya, until one day at a music festival it all changes. He had something to hide but he never imagined that Anya did as well.
Then there is Irene, with one son who disappeared many years ago, she is  devastated when her second suddenly disappears too.
Told from the perspectives of Elliot and Irene, the first half half of the novel didn’t seem to have a purpose. Even though the story flowed well, I was trying to work out how it all tied in. This changed in the second half, the pace picked up as the story unfolded and it all tied in eventually.
I did enjoy this novel but definately not as much as the authors previous novel.
Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for a copy to read.
Reading The Killer Inside is a bit like peeling the layers of an onion. There are multiple character perspectives and at times different timelines so the story unravels slowly. It starts with primary school teacher, married to Anya, but with his own secrets to hide. We also hear from Irene who is searching for both of her missing sons. What unfolds from about halfway through the story is fast paced and at some points quite shocking, but it all builds to a great final crescendo. It took me a while to get into this novel but once in, I was hooked and couldn't wait to finish it!
This book was fast paced. Hard to put down. It flowed well and it was very well written. It caught hold of me and had me hooked from the start . I was literally on the edge of my seat reading this book.
Elliott and Anya are a seemingly happily married couple trying for a baby. Elliot is someone who cannot believe his luck, from a troubled childhood he is married to a beautiful, clever woman and has been welcomed into the family circle. But is all as it seems? This is a clever psychological drama which had me hooked, a great read.
Very creepy. There is a mum with two missing sons, a husband and wife with secrets from each other and a whole host of other suspicious characters. While I thought I'd guessed the ending close to the fairly slow start to this book I hadn't actually guessed all of the subtle twists and turns. The story was still unfolding almost to the end. A recommended read.
This thriller started off pretty well but as it went on I became more and more bored.

At the start I was really engrossed in the story and I was invested in trying to guess how the characters on the different timelines related to each other but quite quickly it became obvious that there wasn't much to guess.

I pretty much saw the ending coming, I feel like it was laid out way to easily for the reader. I was expecting a big twist at the end but there wasn't one which was a shame.

I also thought the ending was a bit far fetched and ridiculous.

I did like the writing and it was a quick book to read.

But unfortunately I was quite disappointed with this one, as I had high hopes but it turned out to be another average thriller
Elliot and Anya are happily married and deeply in love, opposites really do attract, Elliot was a bit of a bad lad from a council estate, and Anya lived a sheltered childhood wanting for nothing, but how much do they really know each other?

Mystery, secrets and lies.

A story that spans many years and at times became a little confusing, but over all an intriguing and thrilling read.
The Killer Inside
Author: Cass Green
Publisher: HarperCollins
Publication date 5/9/19
 How well do you know the people you love? How far will you go to protect them? Dark and compulsive, this kept me guessing right to the end. I read it in 2 sittings and loved it.

Thanks to the author, publishers and netgalley for my advance reader copy in exchange for my honest and unbiased review.