Cover Image: Your Interests, My Interests

Your Interests, My Interests

Superspeed readers like me can read 150 - 200+ pages/hour, so yes, I have read the book … and many more today. LOL

When you're all by yourself, you can (nearly) do anything you want, but when you're playing with other people, they might want to do something different. The more you know what they like, the more fun can be had to play!

Children on the autism spectrum can find playing with other children difficult and they may be highly focused on their interests. This colourful and interactive visual guide will help these children learn how to establish common interests with friends and classmates or family members at home, and use this knowledge to improve their play.

With six chapters showing examples of young people trying to get better at hanging out together, before giving problem-solving exercises and activities to help refine this information, this book is perfect for an adult and child to go through to develop their ability to play.

This is a cute little boo that ives concrete ideas and presents them so children can ask other children on the spectrum if they want to play using drawings instead of words. The children are shown as black "figureheads" (think of a cameo drawing of a white background and black silhouette) which is good as it reduces the clutter on the page.  This is indispensable for parents and educators dealing with autistic children - buy this book!!!!