Cover Image: Beef It Up!

Beef It Up!

Such a great recipe book to have in my kitchen. Struggle with including beef in our menus, so this added so many new ides. Easily readable recipes, great presentation. Going to try my 2nd recipe tonight.
I’m a cookbook lover and am always interested in acquiring new cookbooks to try out some new recipes!!  I’m not a big beef eater, but I found some of the recipes in this cookbook to be very scrumptious!!

50 tasty ways to serve up protein-rich beef meals without a lot of fuss.

Here’s an example of the kinds of recipes inside:  Cheeseburger Soup, Shepard’s Pie Mac & Cheese Sheet Pan Steak Fajitas, 20-Minute Mongolian-style Beef, Southwest Steak Salad w/ Chipotle Ranch, Steakhouse Salad w/ Blue Cheese, Empanada Hand Pies and the always favorite burgers, steaks, and chili.

Perfect gift for the meat-lover in your life!

Easy-to-follow recipes with stunning photos throughout.

You will have most of the ingredients on hand, except maybe the type of meat for the recipe.

Includes helpful information on choosing, storing, prepping and cooking beef.

Great gift for the new cook/or experienced chef in your life or maybe a son/daughter that has gone off to college.  It would be a perfect bundle to add a roasting pan or instant pot as a complete gift.

I’ve only made the Cheese Stuffed Jalapenos so far and they were mouth-watering delicious!  Big hit at a recent Memorial Day get-together!!
4.5 Stars

As a bookseller this cookbook is perfect for people don't know what to get that picky meat eater in their life. There are many different types of diets out there, and this cookbook has a great angle for the red meat fan.

On a personal note we eat a ton of beef in my household, and I can't wait to try some of these recipes!
Beef It Up! by Jessica Formicola
Loved this cookbook.  I found some very good recipes and new ideals to try in the future. I do recommend this book.
BEEF IT UP! By Jessica Formicola is exactly what the subtitle promises: "50 Mouthwatering Recipes for Ground Beef, Steaks, Stews, Roasts, Ribs, and More." Formicola, a self-described TV personality, cookbook author, and small business coach, divides the text into sections like Small Bites, Hefty Soups, and Meaty Mains. She offers a nice introduction with helpful information on which cuts to purchase and even which salt to use to enhance flavor. The pictures which accompany many of the recipes are colorful, but there is no nutrition information provided. Formicola does offer ideas using a variety of techniques (e.g., slow cooker, sheet pan, oven, and/or grill) - that is a plus. However, despite multiple assurances that the recipes are less involved than they appear, I thought they were not that "easy" to prepare. One small example is that the Delish Beef Knishes have over a dozen ingredients, including already cooked mashed potatoes. If you love beef and are looking for new ideas (like Gouda Stuffed Flank Steak or Bacon Cheeseburger in a Bowl) give BEEF IT UP! a try, but be prepared to plan ahead.
Beef It Up! by Jessica Formicola is a must read for beef lovers, busy cooks, bored cooks, and those just beginning their cooking journey. Formicola starts with the basics of all thing beef and is the perfect read for new cooks or anyone that is looking to perfect their cooking techniques. The best part of this cookbook is that several cooking methods are shared through the book. Formicola presents options for using tried and true old school methods like the oven, stovetop, and grill, but also includes some alternatives for utilizing those beloved kitchen gadgets like slow cookers, air fryers, and pressure cookers. Recipes that will definitely be tested in my personal kitchen are the Hand Pies,  Beefy White Queso, Bacon Cheeseburger in a Bowl, Lemony Brussel Sprout Salad, Beef and Pea Stroganoff, and the Mac and Cheese Shepherds Pie. I found all of the recipes easy to follow, and range from practical busy weeknight recipes, to indulgent leisurely weekend recipes. In today’s world of  internet recipe searching, finding new recipes can be overwhelming and narrowing it down an internet recipe search to find something truly unique can be difficult. Beef It Up! presents some incredibly unique recipes to spice up your beef game.

Thanks to NetGalley and Storey Publishing for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for my honest review.
I tend to use chicken in recipes more than beef. And when I do use beef, it’s usually ground beef. This cookbook is making me rethink all that! Before diving into the recipes, Jessica Formicola introduces us to all things beef. This is important! My lack of understanding all parts of beef is exactly why I reach for ground beef when I need beef for a recipe.  The reader and home cook will come away with a good base knowledge on beef after reading the sections of this cookbook.
Now, its time for everyone’s favorite part - the recipes. The photographs accompanying each recipe are pleasing and helpful. The dishes are different and exciting, yet perfectly attainable. And with something to strike every mood and every craving, the cook has plenty of options to choose from, no matter the occasion.
This cookbook is great for the beef lover in your life. Along with a nice array of recipes you get some helpful information and handy tips on choosing, buying, storing, prepping and cooking beef. As for the included recipes there are six groups: small bites, hefty soups, stews & chili, salads, main dishes, handhelds and bovine specials. This book also includes a side sauce section of recipes. All and all, I felt this was a very good cookbook. Sadly, every recipe does not have a photo, but most do, and they are very attractive. While this Is not a cookbook that I would recommend for everyone, if you are a big fan of beef or know someone that is or are looking to increase your knowledge and skill in regard to beef it is a solid choice that will hold great appeal.
So many good recipes in here! I am trying to involve my kids more in the kitchen and get them to eat more than a hamburger and this cookbook was perfect for that! They enjoyed helping me cook and we found new family favorites!
This is a fantastic cook book. I tend to cook more chicken dinners but my family often wants beef and I was tired of all the same old recipes. There are some great early chapters on all the basic food handling stuff that are helpful - prepping, storing, safety, and a great explanation of the different cuts. I loved the recipes I tried and am still excited to try a few more. The instructions were easy to follow and the ingredients were easy to find. The only real downside to this book was that I didn't love the photos. I felt like they couldn't have been done better. Overall though its a great cookbook.
Beef It Up! offers something that I look for in every cookbook, photos of the recipes. I want to know what the dish is supposed to look like. In reality, the actual dish rarely looks like the photo. But we all know that the image is what draws you in and entices you to attempt the recipe.

Another draw is the recipe names themselves. They have to create interest and excitement. Who wouldn’t want to try Cheeseburger Soup or 20-Minute Mongolian-Style Beef?

One such recipe that drew me in with the name and picture was the Shepherd’s Pie Mac & Cheese. An easy casserole-type dish to feed a family and give cozy feelings. Who doesn’t love a good Shepherd’s Pie or bubbling mac & cheese? Sadly, the actual recipe let me down. I think it took me almost twice as long to make the dinner than the recipe said. And, in the end, the effort wasn’t worth it. There was little flavor or texture. My family was sad when the dish didn’t live up to the promise.

While it was the only recipe I tried, it doesn’t mean it was the only one I was interested in trying. What stopped me? My ability to find many of the ingredients. I am fortunate enough to have a large variety of grocery options where I live, but that doesn’t mean I want to visit every store for the ingredients. Nor do I want to spend a lot of money on ingredients that I may not use more than once.

Many of the recipes in the book felt as though they were ones that I had seen elsewhere (Pinterest, anyone?). And for that point alone, I find it hard to invest in another cookbook.

The one part of the cookbook that I found interesting and worth the investment was at the beginning, where the author goes into detail about the various cuts of beef and how to handle them. While I am not a novice in the kitchen, I enjoy learning more about different products, especially ones that may help me stretch my dollar a bit more.
Beef It Up! by Jessica Formicola is an excellent cookbook with over fifty delicious recipes. If you love beef and delightful side dishes, this cookbook is a must have!

Beef It Up! includes stunning photos with detailed instructions on making family favorites including soups, salads, main dishes, hamburgers, sloppy joes, meatballs and so much more. Additionally, Jessica provides a comprehensive guide to kitchen tools, food safety, meat temperatures, different cuts of meat and what to buy at the market to cook outstanding meals. There is no doubt that this is the perfect addition to any cookbook collection.

Beef It Up! By Jessica Formicola is available on May 24, 2022. Order your copy today! (4.5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐💫)

Thank you, NetGalley and Storey Publishing, for letting me review this mouth-watering cookbook. Your kindness is appreciated.
Wonderful photos and art work accompanies a number of recipes for all types of beef.  Many useful tips   provided by the author.  Good explanations on the different types of meat found on the cow. One will find a lot of recipes they’ll want to make, I did.
4 Stars for Beef It Up!

This book makes it easy to find a recipe for any dinner night. Whether you're planning to use ground beef, stewing meats, or you just want a juicy tasty steak. This book will give you some inspiration to make a delicious dinner.
This cookbook had such promise.

The good:
* The author explains different cuts of beef wonderfully.
* The recipes are interesting and easy.
* Easily accessible ingredients and cuts of beef you will see at your grocery store. Not just at a butcher.
* The author wrote witty starts to the recipes which is a fun bonus.

Now the ugh:
* The pictures (and there are plenty which is usually a good thing) didn’t really do the recipes justice. When you look at a cookbook picture you should want to make it immediately. Most had me flipping the page asap.
* I think a newer cook would definitely benefit more than a more advanced cook. (I’m just a home cook but I had a lot of these recipes in my arsenal)

All in all, the good definitely outweighs the ugh. I just think a different food stylist would have taken this to the next level. I’ll definitely check out more by this author.
Hi everyone!
This is one of the best recipe books I’ve ever seen!
This book focuses on beef and it has a long introduction about cuts, other basics and even some myth-busting pages.
The meat is cooked in different ways, taking inspiration from different cultures (asian, mexican, italian, etc).
The graphics are very nice and the pictures are mouth-watering. Seriously, kudos to the artist and photographer who took care of this book.
I’d love to see more books by this author!
I had no idea there was so much you could do with beef. Hubs loves beef, it is his favorite protein but normally you just get a single section in a cookbook. This is overflowing with ways to cook deliciousness, all with easy to follow recipes and mouthwatering photos. He was very much a fan of this cookbook too.

I received an ARC, but my opinions are all mine.
A good cookbook for dealing with beef. Good recipes and information- I'll definitely be trying a few of those recipes for meals!
I received this ARC in exchange for my honest review.

This cookvooknwas soo much useful information! I appreciated the breakdown of what ypes of beef, the cuts, the doneness, the salt. It was all explained simply. The pictures were vivid and mouthwatering! Don't hesitate to grab this, especially if you're in a dinner rut looking for new ideas.
I received an arc of this title from NetGalley for an honest review.  A great book if you are looking for new meat recipes.