Beef It Up!

50 Mouthwatering Recipes for Ground Beef, Steaks, Stews, Roasts, Ribs, and More

Pub Date 24 May 2022 | Archive Date 24 May 2022
Storey Publishing, Storey Publishing, LLC

Talking about this book? Use #BeefItUp #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Where’s the beef? It’s on the dinner table tonight! This focused collection of recipes offers 50 tasty ways to serve up protein-rich beef meals without a lot of fuss. Flavorful beef suppers (Cheeseburger Soup, Shepard’s Pie Mac & Cheese) are featured along with new classics (Sheet Pan Steak Fajitas, 20-Minute Mongolian-style Beef ), salads (Southwest Steak Salad w/ Chipotle Ranch and Steakhouse Salad w/ Blue Cheese), quick hits (Empanada Hand Pies and Beef Satay with Peanut Sauce), and the tried-and-true burgers, steaks, and chili. Juicy photos provide the inspiration and confidence cooks of all levels need to deliver on the promise of a great meal every time.

Send to Kindle (PDF)

“Beef it up” is a new staple in our kitchen! With 50 delicious recipes you’re covered from light lunches to creamy comfort food and delicious dinner parties. Everything within this book is well planned, the recipes, the commentary and the presentation of the food. There’s truly something to suit everyone’s range of cooking from beginner to expert.

The perfect gift for the meat lover in your life. This book sets the scene with all the information you could need about the different types and cuts of beef and how you can identify them and the best ways to prepare them . Following this there is a whole array of recipes using the various cuts of beef.

What a great cookbook for anyone beginning to cook or those looking for more ideas to add to their repertoire. Eating a variety of foods is good for one’s health and beef is a part of that diet.
This cookbook offers a tremendous variety of recipes. Numerous recipes of all kinds including Southwest Steak Salad (I love beef on my salads) and Spicy Hand Pies. Then there are several sauce recipes that I can hardly wait to try. So no matter what mood you’re in, (Peanut-Beef Pad Thai anyone?), there’s a recipe for that.

This book is going to cause me problems with my carnivore husband . I read him the list of recipes (he does not cook at all ) and he visibly drooled ! His opinion is that 'it's about time someone wrote a book with real food in, not stuff with weird ingredients', I have promised to make one recipe from this book a week and he will not let me forget. Well set out a good guide to buying beef with real traditional (and some nontraditional) recipes. Great for the meat eater. Happy husband.

What beautiful book - from the narrative, to the pictures then to the recipes themselves. I'll certainly be trying a few. Also refreshing to see a book about mat as opposed to vegan, etc. A breath of fresh air.!

What a wonderful resource for all things beef! This well-written and researched book takes you from knowing what to look for in a good cut of beef to knowing which cut to use in your cooking to how to prepare many mouthwatering dishes. There is a lot of information that is well presented, easy to understand, and accompanied by beautiful photos and some terrific artwork as well. Really well done book ... pun intended!

This lovely cookbook is set to release next year thanks to Netgalley I had the chance to read it early in exchange for an unbiased review.
Let's start by saying this book is absolutely great and I can't wait for the physical release to add it to my collection.
The recipes are easy to follow along, I loved the introduction to the different cuts of meat. I'm not huge on eating beef because I often don't know what to do with it. But this is informative and very easy to follow. The illustrations and photos are lovely!

Thank you to @netgalley and publisher for this free eARC.
In one word this cookbook is - AMAZING!!!
From the first pages it is great - it leads you from the basics like what do you call each part of the meat, how to store it, how to cook it, etc...
The recipes are really good and they are explained very well. I can't wait to try them.
My praise for this cookbook.

Oh my god! This book is perfect!!!!I loved this book!!!

I love how informative this book is - I learnt a lot about the different cuts of beef, and how best to cook them/season them as well as all the delicious recipes!
The photography is stunning! The recipes are gorgeous!
I hold nothing against vegans or vegetarians, but this book is such a celebration of meat - it's so nice to see when it seems a lot of people are very anti-meat these days.
So inspiring, so informative, and so gorgeous!

Loved this!

We eat a lot of beef in my home; it’s everyone’s favorite. We try to get creative and try new things, but often fall into a routine. Let’s be honest, it is not the cheapest option for a meal. I feel empowered and encourage after reading Beef it Up! by Jessica Formicola. She does a great job of explaining how to cook beef and all the various cuts. She shows how simple and easy many of the dishes are and takes out the intimidation factor based on her own shared experiences. The recipes are mouthwatering and the photos due a stunning job of capturing the culinary delights waiting to be placed on your own dinner table.
I will make sure a copy of this takes up permanent residence in my kitchen library.
I received an advanced copy from the publisher via NetGalley and all opinions expressed are my own, freely given.

This is much more than a book about beefy recipes, it's an educational experience. Tons of information about the various cuts of beef, how to cook.properly and of course tons of recipes ranging from humble hand lies to the fanciest steaks. A great addition to any kitchen!

While beef has gotten a bad reputation over the years, it’s still delicious, and millions choose to eat it regularly. It’s always nice to have some good, new recipes for preparing it, and Jessica Formicola has outdone herself in her cookbook, Beef It Up!: 50 Mouthwatering Recipes for Ground Beef, Steaks, Stews, Roasts, Ribs, and More. While the cookbook includes only 50 recipes, those 50 recipes are ones that real people actually will want to make. They are dishes that will appeal to both adults and children, as well as picky eaters.

The recipes are written in the traditional way, and are succinct and easy-to-follow. Beginning cooks to advanced cooks will all be able to prepare these dishes and they will turn out picture perfect. Most of the recipes are also photographed beautifully, and there are delightful illustrations throughout.

The recipes are not touted as quick and easy, but many are, and there are basics such as cooking a juicy hamburger, or a perfect steak with different compound butters. There are also casseroles, one pan dishes, soups, and mouthwatering salads, all using beef in different forms. In the beginning pages, the author has included important information on where different cuts of beef come from, basic kitchen equipment needed, and basics on choosing and storing beef. This is a perfect cookbook to learn everything that is needed to cook beef.

This is an excellent cookbook to add to any cookbook collection and will be used often.

Special thanks to NetGalley for supplying a review copy of this book.

YUM! Awesome book that would be a good starter recipe book for someone (along with a nice roasting pan and a cast-iron skillet!) who is just moving out home or starting to learn to cook.

We love beef in this house and it's always good to find new and exciting ways to cook beef.

Beef It Up! is a great cookbook with delicious recipes! I get in a rut with the same beef recipes but this cookbook has helped me a lot. This is more than just recipes though. It's filled with great information and helpful tips. This is a wonderful resource for anybody but especially beginners. I also loved the simplicity of this cookbook. Sometimes in cookbooks, everything is jumbled and there is just too much on the page, but not this one. I look forward to purchasing this for our library!

Thank you NetGalley and Storey Publishing for this ARC!

This is a great cookbook for someone who is first learning to cook or as a bridal gift. There are lots of yummy beef recipes from Beef Wellington Tartlets, a hearty Bacon Cheeseburger soup, a Gouda stuffed Flank steak, to making the perfect burger. The recipes are easy to follow and the photos are beautiful.

Thank you Netgalley, Storey Publishing and the author for this eARC in exchange for my honest review. Publication date is May 24, 2022

I loved this book and the comprehensive guide to cuts of beef, defrosting, methods of cooking and seasoning. I found myself winding round the world in recipes from Beef Knishes, Italian Meatball Soup, Vietnamese Beef and Rice Noodles to Cube Steak and Mushroom Sauce and Spicy Mongolian Stew. The recipes are explained in detail and there are recipes for accompanying sides and sauces.

I found the book well worth the investment and fully deserving of its 5 star review. What is an added bonus is that it includes pressure cooker and slow cooker methods.

Thank you Netgalley for a free advance copy in return for an honest review.