Cover Image: Partner Pursuit

Partner Pursuit

Amazon Kindle bills this novel as " feel-good women's fiction with romance" and that is a fair description. I enjoyed the main characters Audrey and Jake--their backstories were a believable source of conflict between them and provided the rocky moments on the road to true love. The climax of the novel when Audrey cancels her trip and Jake reacts badly could have been built up a bit more before its resolution, though. Audrey's workplace tension with Colette and Malaburn also helps drive the narrative forward and serves to engage the reader. All in all, this is a pleasant light read with appealing characters.
I received a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I really enjoyed this book. The chemistry between Audrey and Jake was fantastic!
Partner Pursuit by Kathy Strobos
Rating: โ˜… โ˜…
Genre: ๐‘๐จ๐ฆ๐š๐ง๐œ๐ž
Format: ๐„๐›๐จ๐จ๐ค
Length: ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ–๐Ÿ” ๐ฉ๐š๐ ๐ž๐ฌ
Spice: ๐Ÿ๐š๐๐ž ๐ญ๐จ ๐›๐ฅ๐š๐œ๐ค, ๐ฌ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž ๐ค๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ ๐ ๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฌ๐œ๐ž๐ง๐ž๐ฌ

๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฌ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜•๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜จ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ข ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฑ๐˜บ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฌ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ธ.

Partner Pursuit follows Audrey on her mission to make partner at her law firm. Sheโ€™s prepared for the long hours, and sacrifices required of her. What sheโ€™s not prepared for is her new neighbor, Jake, and their instant attraction. Jake has to decide if he wants to take a chance on a workaholic lawyer like his father. And Audrey has to decide whatโ€™s more important: work or a life balance.

I tried so hard to like this book, especially because I know itโ€™s Kathy Strobos debut novel. But truthfully, this book was not for me. My biggest complaint is plot and pacing. This book spends way too much time discussing Audreyโ€™s day at the job. I expected to read about her daily life as a lawyer seeing as how sheโ€™s up for partner but it quickly became excessive. It took me almost 10 days to read this book because I just couldnโ€™t bring myself to pick it up.

I can say that the author did a great job of creating a likable bunch of characters. I love Audreyโ€™s friends, especially Max. You really do root for Audrey though-out this book but itโ€™s pretty clear that even Audrey doesnโ€™t know what she wants in her life. I think if we spent a little less time at the office and a little more time with others, this book would have easily been a higher rating for me.

I am tempted to give Kathy Strobos another shot and see how she grows as a writer.
this was such a fun and romantic book! i really enjoyed getting to read about these characters and their witty banter together. thanks so much netgalley!!!!
Partner in Pursuit was such an adorable read. I enjoyed the story of Audrey and her budding romance with her neighbor, Jake. I loved the chemistry and slow-build of Audrey and Jakeโ€™s. I loved the insights on being a lawyer too. I loved the friends to lovers aspect. Though Iโ€™m not a huge fan, but it was done well. I also loved how the author showcases New York City's famous places and interesting restaurants. It felt like I was traveling around New York too.

Partner Pursuit is a fun read if you like friends to lovers and flirty banter. It also gives an important message about finding a balance between career and love. Iโ€™m excited to read more from the author in the future. I highly recommend this!
Audrey is a lawyer with six months until she knows if she'll become a partner at her law firm. She is a workaholic, with crazy hours, and has no time for dating. A new neighbor, Jake, moves in and thinks that there might be something there. He's caring and supportive, and maybe she deserves to have a romantic life, even if she works 24/7. So, will she choose romance or the promotion she has been working for, for the last seven years?

The premise and the story in the big city drew me in, but that wasn't enough to keep me intrigued.  I felt like this book was entirely too long for the storyline. The more I read it, the less interested I was in the lawyer jargon and just wanted to get to the romance.

The characters were honestly dull, besides the main character. The love interest and the forced triangle weren't believable. I think that boiled down to the dialogue and the chemistry. It just wasn't there. I understood that it was supposed to be blurred lines, but it was just too slow for me.

The author also dedicated a lot of time to the ins and out of Audrey's lawyer job. I think someone not from that field had a lot of confusing moments when they went on tangents about the case, and that's where I got lost.

What I did enjoy was the realisticness of balancing work, sleep, and her social life. Also, she was strong and independent, and the book showed she did not need anyone to help her achieve her goals.

Overall Rating: 3/5. It just wasn't the right book for me. If you're into reading about a lawyer's daily life and side plot of romance, this book might be for you.

Huge thank you to #NetGalley, Strawbundle Publishing, and Kathy Strobos for sharing this advanced reading copy of this book with me in exchange for my honest review.
For the last seven years, all of Audrey Willemโ€™s focus has been on making partner at her law firm. Now that sheโ€™s 3 months away from reaching her professional goals, she doesnโ€™t have room in her life for any kinds of distractions. That is until she meets Jake, the hot music marketing executive, who conveniently moves in next door. With all her hard work on the line, she is forced examine her priorities and decide if love is worth changing her plans for.

I have some mixed feelings about this book. I really liked Audrey as a character, and the overall plot was interesting. However, what lost me was the storytelling.

While I was reading this book, I couldnโ€™t help thinking this must have been written by a lawyer who wanted to try their hand at fictionโ€ฆ. And sure enough, I was right.

This book was easily 150 pages too long. And most of that is due to how much of the book is dedicated to going into the ins and outs of Audreyโ€™s job. There is so much about research, litigation, court cases, etc. I donโ€™t know if the author wanted to prove they had law experience or if it was a case of โ€œwriting what you knowโ€ that sounds out of control. The main issue with this is that it did nothing to move the plot forward. It was like spinning in place.

I also had an issue with the romance in the book, particularly the lack of it. Jake and Audrey had absolutely zero chemistry. I felt like she was constantly walking on eggshells around him to impress him. And it was unclear if she was changing her workaholic ways for herself for for the man. She was such a great character, and I just couldnโ€™t see what he brought to the table.
It was a bit of a disappointing book, because the main character was a gem. It was bland and it lacked heart.
Omg this book was right up my street. Exactly the type of genre I love!! Leading lady Audrey knows what she wants, has fought to get there and doesn't let anything get in her way. Dating can wait. That is until she meets jake. I couldn't put this book down and I got hooked on the story between Audrey and jake. I personally would have loved jake to ask Audrey to marry him at the end of the book but that's just me. If your a fan of authors like Sophie kinsella, Jill Mansel etc you will not be disappointed in this book. I cant recommend this book enough!!!
Audrey is a workaholic who dreams of only one thing: becoming a partner in the law firm where she has worked for seven years. As new partners are chosen in the coming months, Audrey meets her new neighbour Jake. Both fall for each other. However, Jake, whose father is also a workaholic lawyer, does not want to date someone who is married to their work. Is their romance doomed after all?

Overall, I enjoyed this book. I always find it interesting to read romances where the characters are in their late twenties or even thirties. The romance between Audrey and Jake is cute.

In a way, I liked the importance Audrey places on her career. Being a lawyer is really a passion for her and itโ€™s easy to see why itโ€™s so important to her to become a partner. On the other hand, I wish she could have said no when she needed to. I also wish there hadnโ€™t been this rivalry between her and Colette, I understand the point, but I always find it a shame to see women undermine each other.

Before I even learned about the author, I suspected that she was or used to be a lawyer. However, in all honesty, I was sometimes confused by all the legal jargon used in the book. I also found the plot a little too predictable.

I give it a 3.5/5 (which I round up to 4 stars).

I recommend it to romance lovers.

Thanks to NetGalley, Strawbundle Publishing and Kathy Strobos for an advanced reading copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.
This is a great book. The two main characters are Audrey and Jake. They are next door neighbors. Audrey is a lawyer and Jake is in marketing bands. They start dating.  They have each have some issues.  Together they work through their problems and find love.
So cute!

I love the setting of this book being New York, who doesn't love reading a book with New York as the setting?? I also enjoyed the story. It's not often that a romance talks about the commitment of an MC's job over their love life, even when that is the reality for so many people. This book really encourages you and helps you see that yes, your job is important, in the cause of the MC of this book, making partner is important and for sure, it should be important. But without having a life outside of work, you aren't enjoying it, and it will pass quickly and you'll regret not taking more chances of fun in life.

Thank you to NetGalley and Strawbundle Publishing for the earc in return for an honest review.
In Kathy Strobos' 'Partner Pursuit', Audrey Willems has six months to go before her law firm announce which associates have made partner. To do that she has to essentially be a workaholic at the whim of the demanding partners who decide her fate.

Meanwhile she meets her new neighbour Jake, an entertainment marketer, who she shares an instant attraction. Unfortunately for her, Jake's dad is a lawyer and he detests the long hours lawyers do, having been constantly disappointed with his father for missing holidays and other key milestones.

Will these two be able to make it work?

At times it did drag on, and I found myself wincing at the office politics, especially with rival Colette and Audrey's workcrush Tom. But Strobos gave enough depth to give me an idea of how hard the legal world is on lawyers and the demands placed on them in top law firms.

At times I felt frustrated with Jake pushing his issues onto Audrey when he knew straight up this was her goal. But I also understood where he was coming from, sometimes the price for your dreams might be too hard to pay, and is life really worth it that much if all you do is work, and not have fun without someone calling you while you're doing so?

Partner Pursuit is a fun read if you like friends to lovers and flirty banter (who knew there were surfer colouring books?!), while seeing characters stuck in relatable situations (like balancing work and life).

Thank you to Strawbundle Publishing and NetGalley for the ARC.
This is such a good romance comedy I have been in such a slump lately and this got my reading back in the mood. the characters are relatable and the story is well paced with in depth 3d characters profiles and problems this is a great start to my reading this authors work as I have not read from her before and I very much enjoyed her work and will read more going forward. overall great pacy loved the characters and really clicked with me personally.
This was a cute book. Audrey is trying to make partner at her law firm when a cute new neighbor arrives to give her just the distraction she needs to realize their is more to life than work 24/7.  I'm not sure I 100% loved all the details of the ending, but overall this was a well written romance.
Partner Persuit is all about workaholic Audrey who is within touching distance of her dream role as partner for her Law firm and Jake, a fun-loving, gorgeous music marketing executive. The two new New York City neighbours get on straight away and are easily two of my favourite characters in any of the books I've read. All the way through you're just willing the opposites to attract but life just gets in the way. Their journey to their light bulb moments is one I didn't want to stop reading. I would love to see this made into a movie! Kathy Strobos did the perfect job of making me forget I knew nothing about law whislt including lots of law firm chat. The 'women supporting women' in the book is so lovely to read. It gives me hope that the world will get there one day if we read more stories about it. I'm so glad I chose to read it and I can't wait to add a physical copy to my shelf!
This book was everything I wanted it to be. The timing was great, the storyline was easy to follow, there were no unnecessary characters and plots trying to bust in.  I would definitely read again and again .
I really enjoyed this book. It was well paced and the characters were fully formed. I would enjoy reading other work by this author in the future.
Great story! I liked the contrasts between the characters. Although it was a work of fiction, it was realistic. I can not wait to read the next book by this author.
Kathy Strobos' Partner Pursuit is a light, heartwarming chick lit about Audrey Willems, a lawyer working in New York who fights tooth and nail to become a law firm partner but also pulls out all the stops to find a romantic partner. It isn't an easy journey for Audrey. Along the way, the internal and external conflicts jeopardize the realization of her goals and they bring out her likable traits-- resilience, loyalty, and determination.

I also love how the author showcases New York City's famous places and interesting restaurants. I kept checking these places on Google Map and imagined the characters walking on the side streets, buying groceries, waiting and dining at restaurants, or bicycling around the park. I also checked Kathy Strobos' favorite place to buy cookies, the Levain Bakery. This is why I love reading. It's like traveling to different places without leaving home.

Partner Pursuit is a fun read that is reminiscent of a typical rom-com but does not fall short of sending its message about finding a balance between career and love.

Thank you, Kathy Sobros, Strawbundle Publishing, and NetGalley for the ARC in exchange for an honest review.
'Partner Pursuit': 4โญ

(Unpaid Review: thank you to @netgalley, @kathystrobos and the publishers for allowing me to read this eArc copy in exchange for a review.)

Here we go:
Friends to lovers โœ… fluffy romance โœ… amazing plot โœ… stunning cover โœ…
Did I miss something?
Oh, right...
Love pursuit? โœ…โœ… Absolutely adorable and so, so romantic! Totally reminds me of the relationship between Jenny and Matty in 13 Going On 30, dunno why but totally does and that made me love this book even more ๐Ÿฅฐ absolutely recommend, perfect for any time of the year but especially in summer!