Cover Image: Partner Pursuit

Partner Pursuit

This one was really cute. I like the NYC setting and felt like I was there with the characters throughout.
I liked how this book is a career-driven romcom type of book. I like seeing Audrey as top of her law firm and loving her job.

Cute read!

Thanks NetGalley for this ARC!
I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
I did enjoy reading this one. I found it very realistic in terms of how Jake and Audrey slowly got to know each other. There was no Insta love and it wasn’t overly predictable when they eventually started going out.
There was a big focus on Audrey’s job and the legal proceedings. It made me thankful I know nothing about living a lawyer's life.
Definitely a slow burn that doesn’t focus too much on the romance side of things.
3.5 stars
The story
Audrey is a lawyer in a New York law firm, really close to finding out if she will be made a partner. She works insane hours into the nights and all weekend, and still isn’t guaranteed that she will be successful, but it’s too late to give up now. She lives on the Upper West Side in her own apartment, with her best friend Eve next door. One evening she meets a guy on the street outside and later realises that he is moving in next door. Jake works in marketing in the music industry, but his father is a partner in a law firm and he knows just how much of a sacrifice this position entails.

My thoughts
The writing in this book is so strong for a debut author. I loved the setting in New York, and the unusual activities that Jake invited Audrey to enjoy with him. I loved the detail of the law cases that Audrey was working on, and the office politics. It gives a depth of detail to this story that takes it beyond emotional hand wringing over a guy. I loved how Jake opened Audrey’s mind to the possibilities of having a better work-life balance. This was just such an awesome read! ❤️
First of all thank you NetGalley for this advanced copy of this book.

Next, I ABSOLUTELY loved this book!! I love that it’s set in NYC. I currently live in nyc and reading a book that’s set here, gives me an alternate life that I love. And Partner Pursuit did just that!

This book is a career-driven romcom type of book and I love that about. It’s cute, it’s funny, and romantic.

Partner Pursuit also emphasizes a powerful woman!! A woman is still a woman even if she’s partner at a top law firm! Good for her!!

What else can I say? I love the plot, the character development and the execution of the storyline. A must read for anyone who is rooting for the girl-boss to find love!!
This one was only ok. I liked the characters enough but the writing and story bored me to be honest. After putting it down and picking it up a few times, I finally finished but I skimmed a lot. I wasn't into the job of our heroine and it was in the book...a lot. Too much inner monologue and not enough conversation going somewhere would be my biggest complaints.
This book was a great read for me for several reasons. First. I loved Jake. I absolutely will be adding him to my book boyfriend list. Second, it actually had legal jargon and legal discussions, so her job as a lawyer wasn't just some cliche job to fit the story line that we don't hear/learn anything about! Makes Audrey feel like a truly intelligent, empowered, workaholic female character. Third, as someone who up until recently considered myself a workaholic, constantly trying to prove myself even though it wasn't really making me happy, I found Audrey to be extremely relatable, and I loved that. Also, the love story was cute and fun to read. Overall, I really enjoyed this read.

Thank you to Netgalley and Strawbundle publishing for providing this ebook in exchange for my honest review!
This book has all the components of a feel good love story. I loved Audrey and her commitment to her career. I related to her instantly! Her and Jake had the best chemistry and I was rooting for them the whole time! Love a feel good, happy ending!
A story about a young woman who is a lawyer and hopes to became a partner . She works long hours and the weekends . By chance she meets her new neighbor who is her exact opposite . She is trying to balance her work and her dating life . What is more important to be successfull lawyer or a happy person ?
I received this book from net galley and the publisher as an ARC. Thank you! All thoughts and opinions are my own.
I loved this book! I totally fell in love with Jake, one fictional boyfriend added to the list.

This story tells the life of Audrey to a workaholic lawyer who, at being 24/7 at her work, doesn't have time for her personal life. Until she meets Jake, her new neighbor, a music marketing executive.
Jake knows how difficult is to be with a workaholic person, his father was one. Audrey is willing to show him that she can balance her work and personal life well. Is it possible?

I'd never read a book with a lawyer protagonist and since English is not my native language, certain words used in that context were difficult for me, but nothing that google cannot solve haha.
Its a very fun and cute story. You would love all the characters.
Audrey is a workaholic lawyer, doing everything in her power to make this year's partner. She's expected to forgo any opportunity of a personal life, including her dating life which is something she's been able to swallow thus far. When Jake, her neighbour moves in, Audrey is far more tempted to reevaluate her current priorities. Jake is a music-marketing manager that welcomes her into his life with ease. The only catch... he hates lawyers and the demanding nature of the job -- swears to never date someone married to their job. Can Audrey manage to juggle both?

What a cute book! At first I wasn't sure I was going to enjoy this one due to some of the lawyer jargon I was unfamiliar with, but I found it got easier to keep up with as I read on. I loved the friends to lovers aspect! I'm usually not a huge fan, but I really thought it was done well. Strobos does a great job creating a foundation that has you routing for them. Audrey and Jake's relationship progressed so well -- I loved their chemistry and their banter was so fun. The struggle of work life balance was authentic in this book and I think a lot of people can relate to that aspect! LOVED the women support women subplot too -- so so important to see this! Overall it was a really cute romance and I'm excited to read more by this author!

Thank you to Netgalley and Strawbundle Publishing for providing this ebook for an honest review.
I loved this novel. I appreciate that there was genuine legal discussions and the reality of law wasn't simply tossed to the side to give way to the romance. My only wish is that the end reunion/tie up was a little more sentimental and not as abrupt as it was. That being said, it was still super intriguing and I loved the romance that was tied into it.
When I first read the description of the book I wasn't that sure I was going to like it. Once I started reading it, I couldn't put it down.

Audrey is a workaholic lawyer who wants to become a partner in a NYC firm. She is a strong woman who works hard for her dream, but she also meets Jake. She falls in love with him, but is her career more important of her own private life?

I like how Audrey proved she can be a partner and that in the end choose to work for another firm. It's important to be happy with your job and have time for your private life too. Also, I like her story with Jake. It was a cute love story. The other characters were great too!

Thank you NetGalley for the free e-book.
Partner pursuit is a wonderful feel good book. Perfect for anyone who is in need of some easy and cute romance read that will leave you feeling warm and fuzzy 🥰 I love Audrey and Jake so much 💖💖💖 All of the other characters are great too, especially Max 😂 and Eve, I would do anything to eat her food everyday 😆

I don't know how to feel about some of the 1 page chapter? I'm all for short chapter, but 1 page chapter feels way too short. 😅 Anyway, this won't effect how great this book is. I'm glad that I stumbled upon this wonderful book 💖 Also, I would love to read Is This For Real? in the future if possible💖
This was a excellent story.  However some of the editing could have used some better work.  Like for example, there were entire chapters that were barely one page that didn't move the story. However I loved the story itself.  The chemistry between Jake and Audrey was very believable.  I was able to get invested in their story line.  I only wish that Jake's dad had made an actual appearance.  I also felt we would have benefitted from a epilogue.  I can only hope that there is a 2nd book in the making.  All in all the better editing would have made this 5 star, but this book is a 4 star for story.
“Partner Pursuit” by Kathy Strobos follows lawyer Audrey who is pursuing being a partner at a law firm. The law firm is rumored to be cutting the available slots down to two (opposed to the usual four), so competition to be made partner is very high among the eligible. Audrey meets her new neighbor Jake, whose father was a workaholic lawyer who gave more time to work than to family. Audrey believes that she can juggle both a relationship with Jake and working toward making partner, but in trying to prove this to herself it becomes an interesting juggling act.

I probably got a bit more out of this book than the author anticipated, but what struck home for me was the part about Audrey not wanting to disappoint her Mother, along with dealing with the pressures facing women in high-pressure jobs. Ms. Strobos is a former lawyer and she did a great job describing, without going into too much detail, what it is like working at a legal firm.

This was a fun, light-hearted, quick, and entertaining read. I liked two of Audrey’s friends - Eve (may I sign up to be your taste tester too?) and Winnie. They both rounded out Audrey in differently enjoyable ways. As an added note, I look forward to reading another book by this author.
Thank You Strawbundle Publishing, NetGalley and Author for this advanced ebook copy!

I love love loved this book! I'm a sucker for a NYC setting and it was spot on!
Audrey is a fabulous character and I loved her role ad a lawyer in NYC....
Jake... Swooning over here! I found my new book character BF here! Damn I could picture him in real life. 🔥
This story captured me from the beginning and kept me joyfully reading all the way through!
And the plot was brilliantly written. Couldn't have asked for a better way to spend my Sunday!
An amazing book!
When a workaholic lawyer meets a fun-loving music marketing executive for opposites attract, friends-to-lovers adventures, which partnership will she choose?

I thought that this was a great book.   Love the heroine and the hero.   They have great chemistry and complements each other.   I love all their talks and scenes together.   I love the insights on being a lawyer too.   :)  NY/Manhattan is my favorite setting for novels so I enjoyed the description of the city a lot.

Thanks to the publisher for providing an arc.