The International Yeti Collective

Pub Date 17 Oct 2019 | Archive Date 31 Aug 2020
Little Tiger Group, Stripes Publishing

Talking about this book? Use #InternationalYetiCollective #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

"A heartwarming story" – Abi Elphinstone, author of SKY SONG and RUMBLE STAR
"Warm, wise and wonderful" – Sophie Anderson, author of THE HOUSE WITH CHICKEN LEGS and THE GIRL WHO SPEAKS BEAR

An epic adventure with big feet and an even bigger heart!
Ella is in the Himalayas with her uncle searching for yeti. But what seems like the adventure of a lifetime is cut short when she realizes that these secretive creatures might not want to be found.
Tick knows it’s against yeti law to approach humans. So when some arrive on the mountain, why does he find himself peering through the trees to get a closer look?
What Tick doesn’t know is that his actions will set off a series of events that threaten the existence of yeti all over the world. What can he do to make things right? Just when all hope seems lost, help comes in the most unexpected form…
Praise for THE INTERNATIONAL YETI COLLECTIVE:
"An adventure like no other" – Professor Ben Garrod, biologist, conservationist and author
"Funny, moving and action-packed" – Sinéad O’Hart, author of THE EYE OF THE NORTH and THE STAR-SPUN WEB
"A heartwarming story" – Abi Elphinstone, author of SKY SONG and RUMBLE STAR

An epic...

This book was so much more than I anticipated. I was expecting a fun tale about a girl discovering, and consequently protecting, yetis. What I got was so, so much better. A vividly and beautifully imagined yeti society - similar to our own, yet different - that could, almost, be real. I absolutely love the yetis, and their purpose (can’t say more without spoilers). Their names are brilliant too. I wish I could give more than five out of five stars. This is my second favourite book of 2019 (I read 200-300 books a year, so that’s really saying something). Highly recommended, to children and adults alike. I was given a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.