Talking about this book? Be sure to tag it using #GoodHair #NetGalley
An essential, practical guide to caring for Afro, textured and curly hair.
In 2018, award-winning British-Ghanaian hairstylist and Hair Lounge salon owner Charlotte Mensah was the first black woman to be inducted into the British Hairdressing Hall of Fame. Having spent three decades styling thousands of people from all walks of life, she has now written the first guide to loving and caring for your curls.
Featuring case studies of clients who came to her looking for a 'hair fix', and informed by her own story from apprentice to business-owner, this book will dispel common hair myths and give you the knowledge and tools to attain good hair health.
Good Hair is the ultimate guide on how to:
- identify and understand your curl texture(s)
- promote hair growth and find good products
- choose the right protective styles
- overcome hair loss, itchiness or dryness
- do styles such as cornrows, locs and bantu knots
- devise your own tailored hair care routine
Packed with expert advice, nourishing recipes and top maintenance tips, this is a celebration of the unique beauty and history of black hair.