The Reckless Afterlife of Harriet Stoker

Pub Date 3 Sep 2020 | Archive Date 21 Dec 2020

Talking about this book? Use #RecklessAfterlife #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

A sharp thriller with a twist of the supernatural from a masterful sci-fi writer.
“Lauren James is a genius.” SFX Magazine

“Lauren James isn’t just headed for the stars – she’s already there.” Samantha Shannon, author of The Priory of the Orange Tree

What if death is only the beginning?

When Harriet Stoker dies after falling from a balcony in a long-abandoned building, she discovers a world of ghosts with magical powers – shape-shifting, hypnosis, even the ability to possess the living. Felix, Kasper, Rima and Leah welcome her into their world, eager to make friends with the new arrival. Yet Harriet is more interested in unleashing her own power, even if it means destroying everyone around her. But when all of eternity is at stake, the afterlife can be a dangerous place to make an enemy.

“Lauren James is a genius.” SFX Magazine

"Harriet Stoker is such a wild ride. Twisty plot, murderous ghosts, found family, slow-burn romance - I was hooked from the very first chapter and could not put this book down. With characters I instantly loved (and some I hated), this book is by far my favourite Lauren James story." Alice Oseman