Epic Air Fryer Plant-Powered Cookbook

100 Incredibly Good Vegetarian Recipes That Take Plant-Based Air Frying in Amazing New Directions

Pub Date 16 Feb 2021 | Archive Date 23 Dec 2020

Talking about this book? Use #EpicAirFryerPlantPoweredCookbook #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

The...

Date reviewed (Canada) - November 15, 2020 Date reviewed (UK) - November 16, 2020 ... I am bi-country at the moment When life for the entire universe and planet turns on its end and like everyone else you "have nothing to do" while your place of work is once again closed and you are continuing to be in #COVID19 #socialisolation as the #secondwave is upon us, superspeed readers like me can read 300+ pages/hour, so yes, I have read the book … and many more today. I requested and received a temporary digital Advance Reader Copy of this book from #NetGalley, the publisher and the author in exchange for an honest review. From the publisher, as I do not repeat the contents or story of books in reviews, I let them do it as they do it better than I do 😸. Move over, fried chicken. In Epic Air Fryer Plant-Powered Cookbook, air-frying expert Michelle Anderson shows you how to make 100+ amazing vegetarian dinners, sides, snacks, desserts, and more. The air fryer is not just for carnivores. Whether you are a full-time vegetarian or one of the millions of omnivores who are adding more plant-based dishes and meals to your weekly routine, you will love the imaginative, healthy, and terrifically tasty ideas in this book. Air fryers cook fast and easy—that's why everyone loves them!—and, because they use less oil, the food they deliver is crispy, crunchy, and delicious but much better for you than traditional deep-fried or pan-fried foods. Start your day with Crispy Buttermilk Waffles or zesty Huevos Ranchero Wraps and end it, after dinner, with an amazing air-fried dessert, such as Caramelized Pineapple Shortbread, Churros with Chocolate Sauce, or Lemon-Blueberry Donuts. In between, you will find lots of substantial meatless main courses, like Sesame-Orange Tofu and Broccoli, Turkish Cauliflower Fritters, and Zucchini-Feta Pancakes with Tzatziki Sauce. Are you a potato lover? Try the recipes for Sensational Sweet Potato Fries or Potato Wedges with Cheddar Dip. From snacks like Smoky Candied Pecans to appetizers like Roasted Garlic Guacamole and sides like Low Country Hush Puppies, the ideas are boundless and incredibly delicious. Expand your air frying repertoire with these thoroughly delicious, tested-to-perfection recipes. This book is going to tick off a lot of vegans as most of the recipes contain eggs or dairy but they are very adaptable if you are of that bent. (What do you call a vegan with a sense of humour? No idea ... they do not exist!!!) The recipes are mostly lacto-ovo-vegetarian, and it is effortless to add meat and cheese to them if that floats your boat. I was recently given some baked donut pans so those lemon blueberry ones are calling my name...and I can make them in my air fryers? (Bonus .. just like Molly Yeh's cheesy pickles, air fryers are easy to adapt to things you would usually deep fat fry!) I love my air fryer - it does not heat up the kitchen and the oven has a lot of storage place in it for my beloved coffee and its assorted paraphernalia. The recipes are well written and understandable by cooks of all levels and the photos make the food very appealing to myself and other lovers of food out there. Whether vegetarian, omnivore or vegan, you can, with a bit of work, make and eat a lot of great food via this book. What I love about the book is that it uses whole ingredients instead of pre-prepared and packaged foods. I do draw the line at making my own cheese beyond a quickly-made mozzarella, and canning tomatoes but the more "ingredients" you use the better. My one nephew says that I never have any food in my house, only ingredients --- that is why I cook so much. I also refuse to eat or cook with Frankenfoods such as "chick'n" and its 88 ingredients vs. 🐔chicken🐔 having one!) As always, I try to find a reason to not rate with stars as I simply adore emojis (outside of their incessant use by "🙏-ed Social Influencer Millennials/#BachelorNation survivors/Tik-Tok and YouTube Millionaires/snowflakes / literally-like-overusers etc. " on Instagram and Twitter... Get a real job, people!) so let's give it 🍩🍩🍩🍩🍩

Date reviewed (Canada) - November 15, 2020 Date reviewed (UK) - November 16, 2020 ... I am bi-country at the moment When life for the entire universe and planet turns on its end and like everyone else you "have nothing to do" while your place of work is once again closed and you are continuing to be in #COVID19 #socialisolation as the #secondwave is upon us, superspeed readers like me can read 300+ pages/hour, so yes, I have read the book … and many more today. I received a temporary digital Advance Reader Copy of this book from #NetGalley, the publisher and the author in exchange for an honest review. From the publisher, as I do not repeat the contents or story of books in reviews, I let them do it as they do it better than I do 😸. The Epic Air Fryer Cookbook serves up everything you love about air frying in 100 easy everyday recipes that turn out scrumptiously crispy, family-friendly meals. With your air fryer, you can enjoy cooking and eating delicious fried foods guilt-free—because air-frying recipes use little or no oil. And, as author Emily Paster reveals, your air fryer can cook all kinds of dishes beyond fried foods. Turn your air fryer into the most versatile and oft-used appliance in your kitchen arsenal with: -Globally inspired recipes, from fritters and frittatas to shakshuka and falafel, plus Teriyaki Glazed Ribs, Sicilian Stuffed Peppers, General Tso’s Chicken, and lots more -Homey and robust fried foods, like spring rolls, buttermilk fried chicken, and country-fried steak -Breakfasts and brunches -Appetizers, snacks, and party food -Desserts, such as Apple Turnovers, Caramelized Peach Shortcakes, Churros with Chocolate Dipping Sauce, and Lemon-Lavender Doughnuts All the recipes in The Epic Air Fryer Cookbook use easy-to-find ingredients and feature short prep times and fast cook times. For air-frying rookies, there are ample tips for getting started with your air fryer and for using and maintaining it—no matter what make or model you own—as you enjoy cooking with it in the years to come. Cooking with your air fryer has never been more healthy, more fun...or more epic! I love my air fryer, although I have yet to "fry" anything in it yet: I like to use it as a mini-convection over. However, do not bake a deep or long squash in it as if it is too close to the "burner" on top, it will char black yet be raw on the bottom. The recipes in this book have a nice international feel to them and I look forward to making things in my air fryer as this is a book I will buy for myself as well as the library. If you are looking for a great wedding shower or holiday gift, how about an AirFryer and this book to go along with it?? As always, I try to find a reason to not rate with stars as I love emojis (outside of their incessant use by "Social Influencer Millennials" on Instagram and Twitter) so let's give it 🍅🍅🍅🍅🍅

This is a vegetarian cookbook, that replaces your pan/oven with an air fryer. There were at least a couple of instances where I thought - 'but a pan would be so much simpler', but to each their own. The recipes are simple, diverse and easy to follow.. As long as you have the right kind of fryer, which unfortunately I do not. Each one is accompanied by a long blurb about the dish, sometimes historical sometimes personal, quite often taking up more room than the recipe itself. I thought it was a bit much and unnecessary. I'd much rather the blurb be shortened and have that space for visuals. Photos photos photos. They don't have to be full size, anything will suffice. There were a couple of dishes that piqued my interest because I didn't know what they were, but alas, no photo to show me.

When the title says EPIC, this is no joke. Where to begin? Firstly,this cookbook is so deep in the amount of recipes and the diversity of ways to prepare veggies in the airfryer I can't wrap my brain around which one to try first?! Second, I have many friends who I know would appreciate this cookbook to no end. Ive book marked a couple to see about making for my vegetable phobic father in law. I have a feeling he may be asking me for a copy of this. Thank you to NetGalley and publisher for a free digital ARC in exchange for my honest review.

This book is chock full of plant powered recipes to use in your air fryer. I love learning new plant-powered recipes, and not many books have any done in an air-fryer. Many scrumptious photos. I enjoyed the addition of the personal stories of the author before each recipe, such as her experience with the recipe or her first kitchen job. That was a nice touch not found in many cookbooks. Guidelines for prep time and cook time. Recipes were organized well. A nice book for anyone who wants to cook plant-powered recipes in their air fryer.

Very interesting recipes. You forget that the book is plant-powered. Lots of adventure with exotic dishes from different countries. Turkish baked potatoes. If your cookbook author is a traveler thats a bonus due to the fusion food that comes from it. French toast, Latkes, Bulgur Egg Muffins, Barbeque Tofu and Mango Sandwich, Tofu Huevos, Breaded cheese in the melon salad is a good texture variation. Carrot bhajis. Dutch cheese souffle. Tofu Fries. Roasted vegetable Hummus. I never thought about how baklavas are made. Having seen the layered stuffed circles, this presentation with latice cuts of the whole pie like makes sense and is a different look.