Love, Hope

An uplifting, life-affirming novel-in-letters about overcoming loneliness and finding happiness

Pub Date 29 Jul 2021 | Archive Date 29 Jul 2021
Hodder & Stoughton, Hodder Paperbacks

Talking about this book? Use #LoveHope #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

An unexpected letter. An unlikely friendship. A chance to start again.

Ever since she first picked up a violin, Hope Sullivan dreamed of going to music college, joining an orchestra and travelling the world with her best friend Janey. But when her parents were killed in a car accident on the way to one of her recitals, she gave it all up to look after her younger sister, Autumn. Ten years later, Janey is living their dream on her own, Autumn is flourishing as a doctor and Hope's life is smaller and less musical than ever.

Arnold Quince had the happiest of lives - until he lost his beloved wife Marion. Once the life and soul of the village, he withdrew into his grief and pushed all his friends away. Now, five years on, he is sick, lonely and just counting down the years until he can be with Marion again.

When Hope and Arnold are pushed into writing to one another, neither has any idea how much their life is about to change.

********

Readers love Juliet Ann Conlin!

'The engaging characters that I've come to expect from this talented author. Highly recommend.' - 5 STARS

'This book drew me in. Insightful and compelling.'- 5 STARS

'A moving and gripping novel.' - 5 STARS

'Beautifully written, heartwarming, heartbreaking and a great story' - 5 STARS

'I didn't want this book to end' - 5 STARS

An unexpected letter. An unlikely friendship. A chance to start again.

I loved this fun, uplifting feel good book. It really made me smile and at the moment is something that we all desperately need. Taking me away from the world we are living in to a place where everything was ok again. Thank you.

A quick and easy read that I found myself picking up after a long day to unwind. The characters are beautifully written and I came to love them within the first few pages and was rooting for them all the way to the end. At times I wanted to stop reading because I just wanted the experience to go on for longer. Thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.