No Such Thing As Perfect

Pub Date 5 Aug 2021 | Archive Date Not set

Talking about this book? Use #NoSuchThingAsPerfect #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

____________________________
'I lost count of the number of times I laughed out loud, I was rooting for Laura from the first page. Tender, funny, smart and brilliantly observed. The perfect blend of uplifting escapism and social satire, an utter page turner and such a clever, perceptive moving one. I LOVED it!' DAISY BUCHANAN

No one's life is as perfect as it looks.

When Laura gets the chance to trial Cupid - a high-tech new dating service which will draw on everything she's ever done online to find her perfect match - she figures it's got to be worth a try.

Maybe for life to start falling into place, Laura has to learn to let go...

____________________________
'Brimming with wit and razor sharp observations' SOPHIE COUSENS, author of This Time Next Year

'A fresh, funny, sexy tale of dating woes, family expectations, technological adventure, and loyal friendships, this book will make your world a brighter place' KATHERINE HEINY

'It is so funny (properly laugh-out-loud funny) and smart and full of characters I feel like I know' LAURA KAY

'Whip-smart on relationships, especially the trickiest of family dynamics, all so tenderly and charmingly drawn too' ABBIE GREAVES

____________________________

Date reviewed/posted: March 30, 2021 Publication date: August 5, 2021 When life for the entire galaxy and planet has turned on its end, you are continuing to #maskup and #lockdown to be in #COVID19 #socialisolation as the #secondwave ( #thirdwave ?)is upon us, superspeed readers like me can read 300+ pages/hour, so yes, I have read the book … and many more today. I requested and received a temporary digital Advance Reader Copy of this book from #NetGalley, the publisher and the author in exchange for an honest review. From the publisher, as I do not repeat the contents or story of books in reviews, I let them do it as they do it better than I do 😸. No one's life is as perfect as it looks. Least of all Laura Morrison's. (Although she's not sure how perfect hanging onto your job by a thread and sleeping on an air mattress at your sister's looks, in all honesty.) When Laura gets the chance to trial Cupid - a high-tech new dating service that will draw on everything she's ever done online to find her perfect match - she figures it's got to be worth a try. She can't believe her luck when good-looking, kind considerate Adam turns up for their first date. On paper he's...well...perfect. But when Laura develops feelings for the person who led her to Adam in the first place, familiar doubt creeps in. Maybe for life to start falling into place, Laura has to learn to let go... Sharply-observed and laugh-out-loud funny, NO SUCH THING AS PERFECT is the perfect novel for anyone who has ever wondered if there's a formula for finding love. This is a wickedly funny laugh-out-loud book - I utterly devoured it and was actually sad when i ended despite the perfect conclusion. The book is well crafted and the characters fun to read about: it is nice to have some levity in one's life instead of doom and gloom. This is chick-lit, per se, but it will appeal to everyday lovers of novels as well.  I will recommend this book to friends, family, patrons, and strangers on the tube who are reading: I find that once they figure out that I am a Canadian and not a Trump-loving MAGA-idiot they like to discuss books. (lol!) Take this book to the beach (or your back yard, porch or balcony) and enjoy it - just wear a tonne of SPF110 as you will lose track of time as you read this. - If we are in the 5th or 6th wave/mutation of COVID19 by then, stay inside: no tan is worth dying for. As always, I try to find a reason to not rate with stars as I simply adore emojis (outside of their incessant use by "🙏-ed Social Influencer Millennials/#BachelorNation survivors/Tik-Tok and YouTube Millionaires/snowflakes / literally-like-overusers etc. " on Instagram and Twitter... Get a real job, people!) so let's give it 🏖️🏖️🏖️🏖️🏖️