The Summer We Were Friends

Pub Date 6 May 2021 | Archive Date Not set

Talking about this book? Use #TheSummerWeWereFriends #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

'The perfect holiday read' Irish Examiner

Summer has arrived in Derrybeggs and the biggest event of the year, the annual film festival, is less than a month away. But as plans begin to unravel, tensions mount in the sleepy seaside town.
Newcomer Dot joined the festival committee as a way of fitting in and as the first guests arrive to her newly renovated
beachside B&B - TV star Molly Cusack and businessman Ryan Schindler - Dot becomes more determined than ever
that her move be the fresh start she so desperately needs.

Meanwhile heartbroken Merry has returned home to Derrybeggs and is back working at her parents' café. Everyone in town knows that her dream life in Florida tragically fell apart, but Merry is the only one who knows the whole story...

When an intriguing American visitor turns up at The Seashell Café with no memory of who he is or why he is in Derrybeggs, Dot, Merry and the rest of the town's residents must come together to try to help him. But will they manage to do this while also saving the film festival?

'The perfect holiday read' Irish Examiner

EDITION Ebook

With thanks to netgalley and hatchet books Ireland and fiona O'brien for an early copy in return for an honest opinion. Having read a few books by this Fantastically outstanding author before I was absolutely delighted to have an early copy and it certainly did not dissapoint, a tale of Charlie with no memory Dot a blow in who has just renovated a house in Derrybegs and it makes for a focal point in this truly intriguing read will life ever get back to normal I have nothing but praise for this magical read and can highly recommend

A wonderful story about the residents of Derrybeggs, a small town in Ireland as they prepare for their annual film festival. As the plans for the festival begin to go awry, an elderly gentleman appears in their midst with no idea of who he is and where he came from. Can they work together to discover who he is while also keeping their plans for the festival on track? A great book with a good mix of characters which made for an enjoyable and entertaining read.

Thanks Netgalley and the Publisher. I really enjoyed this book, had a great storyline and great characters and was such a nice feel good read.

The Summer We Were Friends by Fiona O’Brien was an absolutely wonderful read. As soon as I started to read this book I just knew I would love it. A story set in the fictional town of Derrybegs in Ireland. The storyline was really good and the characters and their development through the book was fantastic. A book I highly recommend,.

This is a lovely feel good read. Set in a fictional town in Ireland called Derrybegs, the characters are portrayed quite vividly and I loved each and everyone of them. After an elderly gentleman arrives in the village with no memory of who he is or where he has come from the locals all pull together to try and find any relatives he might have. Also the village is getting ready to host the annual film festival so it’s all action stations. Thank you to NetGalley for an ARC for which I would highly recommend if you are looking for a bit of escapism. I will certainly be reading more by this author.

A heartwarming and poignant story, well written and enjoyable. I liked the characters and the setting, the plot is well developed. Recommended. Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this arc, all opinions are mine

This book was the equivalent of bathing in a warm bath of honey while eating chocolate and sipping champagne, good book in hand. Sheer bliss! I want to meet Charlie (Mac) , Dot and Rob and all the other wonderful characters that inhabit this delicious book. American,"Charlie" finds himself in a small Irish town, having lost his memory of who he is or how he got there. He is soon wrapped in a cocoon of love as the townsfolk try to discover his real identity . He may not know who he is but he hasn't lost his ability to charm, counsel and bewitch everyone with whom he comes into contact . Throw in a movie star, an influencer, a delightful b&b hostess, an assortment of quirky, adorable characters, human and animal and you have a tale that will transport and entrance you . I loved it!-and I would love to revisit this gorgeous corner of Ireland very soon. 5,*