There Will Be Lobster

Memoir of a Midlife Crisis

Pub Date 20 Jul 2021 | Archive Date 15 Oct 2021
Post Hill Press, Savio Republic

Talking about this book? Use #therewillbelobster #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

You know her. You’ve Seen Her. You May Even See Yourself In Her.

If you’re arriving to the midlife crisis party—the one that’s serving low self-esteem, desperation, unreliable behavior, forgetfulness, carelessness, and the loneliness of loss—the stories and anecdotes in this memoir will assure you that you are not alone. For Sara Arnell, It took a rogue lobster, a dying rock star, an eighteen pound tumor, a meditation guru, a famous medium and a former monk to help put her on a path toward light, hope and healing. If reading this book helps even one person, according to Sara, then telling this story is all worth it.

You know her. You’ve Seen Her. You May Even See Yourself In Her.

“Sara Arnell is the only writer I know who can make self-deprecation and wisdom look like the same thing. There Will Be Lobster is a darkly funny memoir with a big heart, and it's the exact comeback story we all need right now.” David Hollander, author of Anthropica and L.I.E.

"No matter where you are in life’s journey, there are stories and anecdotes in this book that will confirm what we know but don’t always practice - self-care and self-love are the two most powerful healers you have available.” Dr. Gabrielle Lyon

“This book is a deeply personal story that’s not afraid to show you the crazy moments that we all have, but often don’t admit to. Read this memoir if you want to learn how honesty, vulnerability and sheer perseverance can help you step into your light and illuminate a new path – one that is happy, healthy and full of hope.”

Andre Leon Talley, author of NY Times best seller, The Chiffon Trenches and former Vogue editor-at-large

"Sara Arnell’s memoir There Will Be Lobster is filled with wry self-deprecating humor but equally replete with genuine poignancy. In writing so transparently about the full catastrophe of her mid-life crisis, Sara takes us on a journey that arrives at hard earned resilience and lasting insight. This book is a rollicking account of the human condition written in an authentic original voice."

Gail Straub Co-founder Empowerment Institute and award winning author Empowerment and The Ashokan Way

PRICE CA$36.00 (CAD)

There Will be Lobster: Memoir of a Midlife Crisis by Sara Arnell is a powerful book about Arnell's own midlife crisis. It is a very honest and personal story that does not hold back when it comes to sharing some moments in her life that are really rather dark. This is not to say that it is a dark memoir, far from it, there are many funny stories in the book. While most of us do not have a story about a rogue lobster most of us have encountered a medical crisis or the loss of a job. By including both the funny and the serious, Arnell gives us a book that most of us can relate to in some way. This book teaches us that is ok to ask for help and cautions us to be on the lookout for signs that a friend might be in need. As we follow Arnell's journey towards healing, we find a great deal of insight and hope and it is well worth reading. Thank you to NetGalley, the author, and the publisher for providing me with a digital copy of this book prior to publication in exchange for my review. This review is being posted immediately to my GoodReads account and will be posted on Amazon and Barnes and Noble upon the book's publication.

This is a very powerful book. At times I found the style of writing difficult to handle, but the subject matter is difficult and I think the style was warranted. A must read for anyone who has been through addiction, depression, rejection, or any other midlife crisis.

Date reviewed/posted: May 5, 2021 Publication date: July 20, 2021 When life for the entire galaxy and planet has turned on its end, you are continuing to #maskup and #lockdown to be in #COVID19 #socialisolation as the #thirdwave ( #fourthwave #fifthwave?) is upon us, superspeed readers like me can read 300+ pages/hour, so yes, I have read the book … and many more today. I requested and received a temporary digital Advance Reader Copy of this book from #NetGalley, the publisher and the author in exchange for an honest review. From the publisher, as I do not repeat the contents or story of books in reviews, I let them do it as they do it better than I do 😸. You know her. You’ve Seen Her. You May Even See Yourself In Her. If you’re arriving at the midlife crisis party—the one that’s serving low self-esteem, desperation, unreliable behaviour, forgetfulness, carelessness, and the loneliness of loss—the stories and anecdotes in this memoir will assure you that you are not alone. For Sara Arnell, It took a rogue lobster, a dying rock star, an eighteen-pound tumour, a meditation guru, a famous medium and a former monk to help put her on a path toward light, hope and healing. If reading this book helps even one person, according to Sara, then telling this story is all worth it. It is really hard to describe why I liked this book - it is one of those ones that you need to read to understand why it was so awesome. I laughed, I cried, I craved shellfish.  I will recommend this book to friends, family, patrons, bookclubs as it is an awesome uplifting autobiography! Take this book to the beach (or your back yard, porch or balcony) and enjoy it - just wear a tonne of SPF110 as you will lose track of time as you read this. - If we are in the 5th or 6th wave/mutation of COVID19 by then, stay inside: no tan is worth dying for nor is burn that will make you the colour of that lobster. As always, I try to find a reason to not rate with stars as I simply adore emojis (outside of their incessant use by "🙏-ed Social Influencer Millennials/#BachelorNation survivors/Tik-Tok and YouTube Millionaires/snowflakes / literally-like-overusers etc. " on Instagram and Twitter... Get a real job, people!) so let's give it 🦞🦞🦞🦞🦞

I really enjoyed this book. There isn’t enough books out there that cover woman’s mid life crisis. Which is so needed. I highly recommend this book!